Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Psychology Career

by Lily__XD Posted 5th Aug 2012 at 10:53 PM - Updated 17th Nov 2012 at 9:56 PM by Lily__XD

112 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 54 Feedback Posts, 57 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 11:21 PM
thank you for your hard work
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 11:28 PM
my game is updated to 8.5 the custom careers mod you suggested to download is only updated to 1.36. what do i do?? -_-
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 11:28 PM
Thanks so much! I've been wanting something like this for the longest. Was actually looking for a social worker career with caseworkers and therapists...but this comes close and is awesome, thanks! Now all I need is a construction or builder career...just in case you want to take that one on
Interstellar Traveler
THANKS POST
#5 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 11:53 PM
congrats on your first picked upload! I love your careers! Keep at it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 12:04 AM
I must say I've been pushing back getting Twallan's career mod because I was worried it would only cause more career related glitches, but I must say this has finally convinced me to get it. I always have my simself in the science career and it never feels quite right as in real life I don't have to garden and fish as a researcher in psychology, I have to think a lot and write up reports. This is absolutely perfect, thank you so much
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 12:57 AM
Yay! Thank you!!
Test Subject
#8 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 1:53 AM
I love this! I'm going to download it. But my only thing is, you spelled Consellor wrong, it would be Counselor. I'm sure it was just a simple mistake.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 2:59 AM
Dee,

"Counsellor" is the British spelling, whereas "Counselor" would be American. They're both correct, depending upon where you're from.

Anyway, nice looking mod, Lily. It looks like you put a lot of work into it. I'll definitely have to give this a try sometime!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator THANKS POST
#10 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 4:51 AM
Fantastic job! It's awesome that you not only included custom tones but opportunities as well. If I have ever been tempted to download a custom career, it is now.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 5:39 AM
Yes! Finally! Now my Sims can be more like Dr. Spencer Reid!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 7:49 AM
Thanks for your hard work! I'm waiting for the strings to make the translation to spanish
Test Subject
#13 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 7:51 AM
I LOVE THIS i always wanted to become a psychologist but my Sims me couldn't so i was like really bummed so THANK YOU SOOO MUCH and just a request if your not too busy could you possible make a modelling career???
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 8:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iheartroxxiahh
my game is updated to 8.5 the custom careers mod you suggested to download is only updated to 1.36. what do i do?? -_-

8.5 is the version for Generations!! 1.36 is the version of the base game, and the version that cares. I recommend you to update the base game to 1.36. You can use the launcher or download the .exe of the patch.

Before updating the game to 1.36 "install" careers mod and only after that install this mod.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 8:37 AM
Hooray!! thank you very much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 11:07 AM
Thanks, this is something I was waiting for a long time.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 2:05 PM
I have 14.0.48 will this patch be compatible with your mod plus additional mod for the career
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 2:05 PM
Thank you all so much for the lovely comments, glad you appreciate this

@iheartroxxiahh - If you hover over the little base game icon in the lower left hand corner of the launcher it'll tell you what version of the base game you have and you should download the corresponding version of the NRaas Careers Mod.

Okay, translation:
If you wish to translate all you have to do is download the string file, open it in notepad and translate the following:
<KEY>Gameplay/Excel/Careers/CareerList:LilyXDPsychology</KEY>
<STR>TRANSLATE THIS TEXT</STR>
Do this for the rest of the file and upload the translated strings as an attachment on a comment and I will add them to the career.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  LilyXD_Psych_Strings_ENG.rar (6.8 KB, 154 downloads)

Google has the answers. Not me.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 2:14 PM Last edited by tigercat2007 : 6th Aug 2012 at 2:28 PM.
ok here are numbers I read from the bottom left hand corner from launcher
14.0.48 017001 now I don't really understand any of this could you help me plaese as I am lost do you mean the first two sets of number or three sets of numbers that are the patch version
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 4:54 PM
this is really great. Thanks soo much!!! :]
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 8:22 PM
This looks great; thanks for making it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 1:35 AM
heck yes!!! I'm taking psychology as my major in college right now and am absolutely thrilled to see this!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 2:55 AM
<3 it maybe could you also create a teacher for collages like for example, instructor, professors, chairman, deans, Dr. of education or something like that ;0
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 10:54 AM
Thank you so very much for this!!! I am really looking forward to using it!!
Test Subject
#25 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 4:18 PM
Default Polish translation
I've made first translation - Polish!

I have to admit that some parts were very hard to translate, some were untranslatable (at least I think so - I'm not professional). I've tried to save as much of the original meaning as I could.

In the end - I think this translation is fine.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  LilyXD_Psych_Strings_PL.rar (6.6 KB, 66 downloads)
Page 1 of 5