Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Modeling Career

by rspn99 Posted 25th Sep 2012 at 3:18 PM - Updated 27th Sep 2020 at 5:35 AM by rspn99 : General Corrections

193 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 90 Feedback Posts, 102 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 8
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 3:59 PM
SWEET! Thanks for sharing!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 4:02 PM
you are awesome, i've wanted this career since i learned of custom careers! thanks so much!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#4 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 4:24 PM
I was thinking about doing this for ages! So glad someone else got there first.. yay!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 4:47 PM
Very nice Can't wait to try it out!
Test Subject
#6 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 5:15 PM
Hi!! I love this but i was wondering if it would be possible for you to do a button in CAS like a life goal.. JW!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 5:19 PM
This is wonderful I would love to put this on my website with a link to this page. Would that be all right? http://www.thevirginsguidetoaqueerprophecy.com/

my e-mail is [email protected]!

Great IDEA!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 6:32 PM
Get the models a retirement pay?

Love dosen't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwile. - Franklin. P. Jones
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 6:33 PM
Thanks guys! I am happy you guys liked it.

Quote: Originally posted by Apolloboy109
This is wonderful I would love to put this on my website with a link to this page. Would that be all right? http://www.thevirginsguidetoaqueerprophecy.com/

my e-mail is [email protected]!

Great IDEA!

Yes its alright. Thanks!

Quote: Originally posted by Llial
Get the models a retirement pay?

Yes they do. Please inform me if it is not working. Thanks!

For updates on my custom careers just click the link => RICHARD'S THE SIMS 3 CUSTOM CAREERS
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 7:33 PM
I found a possible error on your description:

6. Glamour Model- Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat/ $100/hour/ 10am-3pm

7. Editorial Model- Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat/ $70/hour/ 11am-5pm

8. Runway Model- Mon, Tue, Wed, Sat/ $170/hour/ 10am-4pm

Otherwise, thanks for this mod! I'll be waiting for the strings to make a translate to spanish.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 8:59 PM
Downloading. It gets a little boring having singers and actors in the town. Now I can have models. Thanks so much for this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 11:51 PM
I've been waiting for someone to do this! It looks very well done. Thank you so much!
Instructor
#13 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 12:20 AM
Just a quick question, this sounds like it was based on (slightly) my modeling career which is in Modding discussion. Is it at all related?

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 12:24 AM
I think you spelled modeling wrong.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 1:25 AM
Loads fine in 1.31, however I have yet to join the career. Saving it for a certain Sim.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 1:55 AM
Thanks so much! I prayed for EA to bring back the supermodel career from the original, The Sims Superstar, for showtime, but this helps ease my sorrow lol thank you again, ALOT!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 2:48 AM
Awesome thanks for this :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 3:17 AM Last edited by rspn99 : 26th Sep 2012 at 4:03 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by van Dorn
Just a quick question, this sounds like it was based on (slightly) my modeling career which is in Modding discussion. Is it at all related?

No, I don't think so. First of all, I did this all by MYSELF(3 days straight) and of course it was corrected by the moderator (grammar,etc) and rewritten to match the mod the sims guidelines. And if I use a creator's work for reference I ask them and give them credit and the link of their profile on my upload. I can give you the original pre-upload(unedited) version of the career and the links where I based the description if you'd like. So if you think otherwise you can contact the moderator so he can check. Cheers!

P.S. I don't need to base my careers on other people's creation since I already have 2 careers before this one(Socialite and Monarch Career thanks for the amazing success) to based it on.

P.P.S. I searched your modeling career and the only thing that comes close to our career is TITLE of the career which is "Body Part Model" which is the level 6 of your career. And mine is even at level 2 with EXTREMELY different descriptions. So I have no idea why did you even think I based my career on yours. Please read and COMPARE your work with mine first before asking that ridiculous question. Sorry but it makes me really mad.

For updates on my custom careers just click the link => RICHARD'S THE SIMS 3 CUSTOM CAREERS
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 3:22 AM Last edited by rspn99 : 26th Sep 2012 at 4:10 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by coto39
I found a possible error on your description:

6. Glamour Model- Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat/ $100/hour/ 10am-3pm

7. Editorial Model- Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat/ $70/hour/ 11am-5pm

8. Runway Model- Mon, Tue, Wed, Sat/ $170/hour/ 10am-4pm

Otherwise, thanks for this mod! I'll be waiting for the strings to make a translate to spanish.

HI! That's not an error. Please read the descriptions of the job level first.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 3:27 AM
Amazing ! I might install the custom career mod just for this one
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 3:29 AM
I forgot to ask you if you think you'll make the strings available, for us to translate ?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 4:09 AM
finally!! yay thanks so much for your time and effort!
Test Subject
#23 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 6:31 AM
Love it, but could you make an option to move to Stylist career?
Like in the Business Career, you can become a govenor or something.
So, when you have reached a certain level, you can reach an option to continue as a model or become a stylist?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 7:56 AM
Very nice career mod, too bad that its not universal (as in for use with gay Sims due to some of the descriptions you used). In any case, it is spelt "Modeling" not "Modelling" just thought I would give you a heads up on that one.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 9:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mitsuhoney
Very nice career mod, too bad that its not universal (as in for use with gay Sims due to some of the descriptions you used). In any case, it is spelt "Modeling" not "Modelling" just thought I would give you a heads up on that one.

Sorry about that. Both can be used. Modeling is American english while modelling is more of British english.
Here's the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americ...s#Altered_roots

Quote: Originally posted by HAWTgeek
Love it, but could you make an option to move to Stylist career?
Like in the Business Career, you can become a govenor or something.
So, when you have reached a certain level, you can reach an option to continue as a model or become a stylist?

Thanks! Yes I'm still testing that kind of career with turnover promotions. If I finish testing it I will update this career.

Quote: Originally posted by TammyLin Saphir
I forgot to ask you if you think you'll make the strings available, for us to translate ?

Here you go
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ModellingStringTableEnglish.rar (5.5 KB, 144 downloads)

Page 1 of 8