Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

4 New Smoke Alarms

by Michelle Posted 15th Oct 2012 at 7:26 PM

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 8:16 PM
Really handy! A brilliant idea! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 8:19 PM
That's great. I had the cruddy game ones lol
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 9:09 PM
Love these!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 10:34 PM
Excellent idea-- and gives me a reason to actually use the kitchen deco that I don't use, as well as another item to use instead of those huge bulky circa 1981-style smoke detectors.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 11:05 PM
These are GREAT Michelle! Thank you!!!
I was really getting tired of creative hiding techniques for my medieval hood! Now I don't need to hide 'em!!!
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator THANKS POST
#7 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 11:22 PM
What a great idea! Both my Westeros Sims and my modern-day Sims who are fed up with ugly smoke detectors thank you!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#8 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 11:27 PM
Wow Michelle, what a brilliant idea! I quite often hide mine behind the fridge, lol Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 8:17 AM
What an amazing idea! I really hate that regular smoke alarm, so my sims will absolutely use these! Thanks a lot!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 3:22 PM
Great idea. These will look great in contemporary kitchens, too. Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 10:03 PM
While I most excited for these additions to all things Simsville, I am more excited to see new creations by one of my most treasured Simmers! Take care of yourself Michelle and thank you for these "alarming" treasures.
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 11:35 PM
oh this is great, thank you so much, like everyone else, I also was sick of the in-game smoke alarm. Have you given any thought to burglar alarms? I had some great burglar alarms but for some, unknown reason to me, they stopped working. Anyway, no pressure was just wondering and thinking and wishing...

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
- J. Krishnamurti
Theorist
Original Poster
#13 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 9:05 AM
Thanks everyone, I'm looking forward to adding some base game smoke detectors as soon as I am physically able.

@ Steph♥: These have been sitting on my desktop for some time now, looks like it's going to be 3 or 4 months before I can sit at the computer long enough to do anything new.

@ Sim of something: Yes, I did started some burglar alarms but I'm unable to work on them at the moment.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 7:33 PM
these are awesomely perfect - I often use these items as decoration anyway and no matter how many recolors of the smoke alarm I get, its just too ugly

I wholeheartedly look forward to your burglar alarms in the future - thanks so much!
Banned
THANKS POST
#15 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 5:09 AM
Michelle! These are so beautiful. I know you worked very hard on them, and they took a lot out of you, I hope it was well worth it. They do look nice, a wonderful addition to any game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 9th May 2013 at 3:58 AM
lol this is cool, disguising alarm as decor. thanks!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#17 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 5:08 PM
Thanks for more choices!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#18 Old 21st Dec 2013 at 1:14 AM
Brilliant! Or, should I say "Smokin'!"
Thanks
THANKS POST
#19 Old 16th Jan 2014 at 11:02 PM
These are the cutest smoke alarms!!! Thanks so very much :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 7:16 PM
Perfect for my 1920s game! Thanks so much!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 19th Sep 2015 at 9:59 AM
Eeeee, one of those "how did I miss this?!" Thank you!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 8:13 PM
Michelle, did you ever upload that gorgeous recolour of the Shakerlicious Curvy Cooker? If so, please point me to it!
Theorist
Original Poster
#23 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 1:09 AM
@croiduire - No I didn't upload it hun, if I remember rightly it was just a desaturation of the original colour, not even sure if I still have it. I do have recolours of the stove and matching fridge on my list of thing to do...which is longer than my arm. :D

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Field Researcher
#24 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 8:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Michelle
@croiduire - No I didn't upload it hun, if I remember rightly it was just a desaturation of the original colour, not even sure if I still have it. I do have recolours of the stove and matching fridge on my list of thing to do...which is longer than my arm. :D

I swear, girl, your "throwaways" are better than many people's best work! I love the soft metallic sheen you achieved. Anyway, new recolours are one more thing to look forward to, whenever you get around to them.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 4:19 PM
These are fantastic! Thanks so much Michelle!