Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS2>TS3 Aquabox Five-Gallon Aquarium Conversion

by Menaceman44 Posted 4th Nov 2012 at 4:29 PM - Updated 2nd Feb 2013 at 8:58 PM by Menaceman44 : text corrections

81 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 54 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Theorist
THANKS POST
#2 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 4:48 PM
Oh, that looks so much nicer in Sims 3. Nice job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 9:25 PM
Oh ! THANK YOU SO MUCH ! I waited for this object since the beginning of the Sims 3 !
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 9:49 PM
I always appreciate another style of aquarium, thank you very much for doing this task.

Even more thankful you shared!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 10:05 PM
AHHHH YES! Thanks for making!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 10:13 PM
Does this require HELS, then?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 10:47 PM
Lovely!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 10:48 PM Last edited by Menaceman44 : 5th Nov 2012 at 8:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by DClick
Does this require HELS, then?

Yes, sadly I couldn't make it function as a base game object.

I was wrong. It does NOT need HELS. EsmeraldaF has tested in her game set up with the base-game only and it works fine.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 12:07 AM
As always, Menaceman continues to fix The Sims 3 for the better. Sometimes the fixing is more figurative than literal. =)
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 12:14 AM
Drat. Thanks for answering so fast, though.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 2:35 AM
Sweet! Since LN has a fish tank shouldn't it work with it too?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 5:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ayra2

not likely, that one was different - an 'electronic' decal thing - so it probably wouldn't load
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 11:02 AM Last edited by Menaceman44 : 5th Nov 2012 at 8:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ayra2

Sorry, no. This was cloned from the HELS tank so it uses the same game resources. The LN tank is "digital" (the fish don't have to be fed I think) and it sits inside a wall like a window.

Well I ASSUME it won't work without HELS but you are more than welcome to try if you would like. I can't see how it would harm your game and so long as you don't save after testing it, all should be fine.

ETA: EsmeraldaF has confirmed for me that this IS base-game compatible! Yay!

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 12:10 PM
I love you for making this! thanks!
Sockpuppet
#15 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 12:34 PM
Congrats, Looks great!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#16 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 1:06 PM
Awww, glad to see you've finished this after all the problems it gave you. Looks great in-game, and just for the record, I tried it with my base-game-only installation on my laptop and it worked fine without needing HELS.
Instructor
#17 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF
Awww, glad to see you've finished this after all the problems it gave you. Looks great in-game, and just for the record, I tried it with my base-game-only installation on my laptop and it worked fine without needing HELS.

Since I don't have HELS, this is great news!
Thanks Menaceman for cloning this so well it doesn't need the original and thanks Esmeralda for testing it. Great community here and great stuff!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 7:35 PM
Thank you!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 7:54 PM Last edited by Menaceman44 : 5th Nov 2012 at 8:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF

Really?! Fantastic! I suppose I best update the first post accordingly then. I've not got my game setup in a way to be able to test base-game-only compatability so thanks!
I did wonder with the fact that players can buy tanks from the Store without having HELS installed.

Scholar
THANKS POST
#20 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 1:51 AM
thank you I really missed that!
Mad Poster
#21 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Really?! Fantastic! I suppose I best update the first post accordingly then. I've not got my game setup in a way to be able to test base-game-only compatability so thanks!
I did wonder with the fact that players can buy tanks from the Store without having HELS installed.

I forgot to mention that my base game is fully patched - I would hazard a guess that the coding for the fish tank was probably added in a patch around the time of HELS and was probably not in the vanilla base game, so to be on the safe side it might be best to also mention in the Overview that players without HELS will probably need to be patched to HELS equivalent patch level or later.

Yes, as well as fish tanks in the Store, you can also buy some other EP/SP items from the Store without having the EP/SP in question - laundry washers and dryers, electric guitars, hot tubs. As long as your base game is patched up to the equivalent EP/SP level, the coding for those will be in your game.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 1:52 PM
I've updated the first post now to include the same information given at the Store; that players will need at least the 1.5.0.011000 patch update for this to work.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 7th Nov 2012 at 5:57 AM
Cool. The name is funny since the tank is clearly several feet long and probably over 90 gallons.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 7th Nov 2012 at 10:12 PM
THANKS SO MUCH for making this! i've been wanting an aquarium somewhere between a fishbowl and a wall-mounted monstrocity :P
Test Subject
#25 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 10:42 AM Last edited by sugarkitten : 8th Nov 2012 at 1:41 PM.
Thanks for creating this, because I only have the base game and with that only the little one-fish bowl.

But one thing seems strange: Whenever my Sims just stand there and watch your tank they do this "thumbs down and boo" thing. Every single time, every single Sim. I can't believe they're supposed to react this way xD

EDIT: In combination with the "Maid/Butler feeding fish" mod the NPC did feed them in your tank but then he looped the watch & feed action endlessly, until I distracted him and sold the tank
Page 1 of 4