Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Mutated Hair/Eye Colour

by KittyCarey Posted 25th Nov 2012 at 2:22 PM - Updated 21st Mar 2014 at 12:43 PM by KittyCarey

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 35 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 3:16 PM
Thank you. It's annoying when a children has an odd eye color or hair color.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 5:26 PM
Thank you! I had soo much trouble with this in my legacies (considering that, to be an heir, you had to have the same hair and eye color as the founder).
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 7:47 PM
Ooh nice! this is must have. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 8:30 PM
Would this be compatible with Twallan's mods by any chance?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 8:34 PM
obrigada por resolver meu problema
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 8:34 PM
Thank you *SO MUCH* for this! I just had my two first-gen elves (one brunette, one a redhead) give birth to a blonde! This has been driving me absolutely crazy! Thank you so much! But, I do want to know: how far back into the genetic code does this reach? Does it simply remove the mutation rate and force the game to select from only the child's gene pool, or does it also limit their genetic options to the past two generations? I'll be downloading it, regardless, I just want to know.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fairybug
Thank you *SO MUCH* for this! I just had my two first-gen elves (one brunette, one a redhead) give birth to a blonde! This has been driving me absolutely crazy! Thank you so much! But, I do want to know: how far back into the genetic code does this reach? Does it simply remove the mutation rate and force the game to select from only the child's gene pool, or does it also limit their genetic options to the past two generations? I'll be downloading it, regardless, I just want to know.

I'm glad you find it useful - it really annoyed me, which is why I made this.

This mod makes two changes: the chance of a mutation is set to zero, so there is no possibility of a random one. Then the chance of choosing a grandparents' colour is reduced, because originally there was a higher chance of choosing a grandparents' hair colour at least than the parents', which I thought was stupid. EA doesn't have genes as such (as they did in TS2), so it's not possible to include genetics from earlier in the family tree without a significantly more complicated mod that I certainly can't make. The limit to the past two generations was already there. Does that answer your question?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 11:20 PM
I was wondering why this was happening. Thought my sim might have accidentally boinked the mailman instead.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 11:32 PM
Thanks for this The past couple of days I've been trying to find a mod like this because I'm annoyed with my sims getting puke colored hair. I have a couple of Twallan's mods installed and so far haven't noticed any kind of conflict.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 1:56 AM
Yes -- thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 5:10 AM
I have wanted this in my game! Thanks!
Test Subject
#13 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Earcat
Thank you. It's annoying when a children has an odd eye color or hair color.

YES. God bless this mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 3:34 AM
Thank you! This is awesome. ♥
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 11:57 PM
wow I'm going to try this out Thanks! :D
Test Subject
#16 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 9:14 AM
Thank you! Using it as we speak, I've got Twallan's mods installed so here's hoping.

I know I can always cheat and change it but that takes a lot of the fun out of it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 11:29 AM
Thank you so much! My sims will be forever grateful! No more purple eyed childred, with brown eyed parents.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 12:43 PM
Finally! My Asian sims with black hair will no longer have kids with blond, ginger, etc hair... :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 3:10 PM
This is a great idea, but it's not working correctly with a patched up base game. I didn't notice a problem until I started a new hood. With it installed, I was unable to access a newly created sim freshly moved in. Took it out and everything went back to normal. It may be that it's not compatible with the base game.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 2:09 AM
Awesome I always hated the random colors showing up! THANKS
Instructor
THANKS POST
#21 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 5:29 PM
My two sims(black and blonde hair) just gave birth to a kid with greenish-tinged brown hair, and then I come on MTS and see this mod. It's fate, I tell you. Downloading it now.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#22 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebud1773
This is a great idea, but it's not working correctly with a patched up base game. I didn't notice a problem until I started a new hood. With it installed, I was unable to access a newly created sim freshly moved in. Took it out and everything went back to normal. It may be that it's not compatible with the base game.

I'm sorry it's not working for you - it's working fine for me but I have some expansion packs, so I can't really check with just the base game. It's made from a resource available to the base game, so I don't know what's causing the problem. I'll investigate and get back to you if I find anything.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 10:30 AM
Definitely a very useful mod. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyCarey
I'm sorry it's not working for you - it's working fine for me but I have some expansion packs, so I can't really check with just the base game. It's made from a resource available to the base game, so I don't know what's causing the problem. I'll investigate and get back to you if I find anything.

I may consider giving the mod another try soon as I've recently installled Supernatural and Seasons.
Test Subject
#25 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 8:29 PM
How soon will you have an update for the 1.47 patch?
Page 1 of 3