Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Turn On / Off All Lights

by Mootilda Posted 12th Dec 2012 at 3:38 PM - Updated 19th Jan 2013 at 7:52 PM by Mootilda : Add new object to turn off lights

43 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 28 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 3:54 PM
Wow Mootilda, this looks like a builder's dream Thank you.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 4:11 PM
Such a great idea. Will be very handy both for building for personal use and for uploading =) Thanks a bunch!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 4:19 PM
Neat idea! Should be very helpful for creators when building.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 6:57 PM
And I love you again! :-) Thanks for this one too, it'll be very useful for building/decorating contests and the like. And uploads, if I ever make an uploadworthy lot.... :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 7:22 PM
Oh, this is wonderful! It's going to be so much easier to choose lighting now that I don't have to decorate in night mode. Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 7:29 PM Last edited by DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo : 12th Dec 2012 at 10:50 PM.
R-really?! Oh, I love you! Thank you so much! No more moving people in just to get some lighting!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 10:01 PM
Small but mighty!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 10:28 PM
Oh, this is the one mod that every builder must have! Thanks for remedying a problem that all players have had since it started!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#10 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 9:29 PM
Thank you so much, this is another item I've desperately needed for taking photos of my lots.

Will this work on community lots as well?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 10:55 PM
Yes, it will work on unowned community lots.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#12 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 1:01 AM
Great idea! Thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 4:27 AM
This is brilliant, Thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 7:51 PM
Thank you for the wonderful Christmas gift! How did you know what I wanted?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 5:28 PM
Mootilda, I'm so glad there are creators and modders like you who are still out there, making our games better in a million big and small ways. Thank you.
Test Subject
#16 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 4:10 AM Last edited by CRiz : 18th Dec 2012 at 11:26 PM.
I tried it yesterday on a new house I was in the middle of building. There were minimal lights in the house since I'm not done but there were still ceiling lights and some wall lights. I bought the box and put it on the inside of my house but nothing happened. I put the box outside my house and nothing happened. I will try again today and report back.

===========
Never mind. It was my own fault. Works great. I need to pay better attention and not get distracted when I download things.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#17 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 5:51 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 18th Dec 2012 at 5:01 PM.
Which EPs and SPs are you using? Are you using just the base game? Do you have the Store Edition? If so, which version?

Was the lot occupied? If so, use the standard in-game method of turning on the lights.
Banned
THANKS POST
#18 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 8:05 PM
Thank You!
Test Subject
#19 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Which EPs and SPs are you using? Are you using just the base game? Do you have the Store Edition? If so, which version?

Was the lot occupied? If so, use the standard in-game method of turning on the lights.

I was distracted when I downloaded this and forgot about the unoccupied part. So very sorry about that. I've been in a rush with trying to find christmasy objects for my lots and also RL decorating of my house with my mother too, so yea. I should of just re-read the summary again before I posted. Again, I'm sorry about that.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 19th Dec 2012 at 1:34 AM
Ahhhhh, I have needed this FOREVER! I hate spending the time to build and furnish a lot only to find out the lighting isn't adequate. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 5:32 PM
Just what I need, thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 5:50 PM
Mootilda, I wonder if you could make a Turn Off All Lights box to go along with this? I sometimes like to take pictures of unoccupied lots when they're all finished, and having all the lights on in the daytime results in some unwanted glare. (Or is there a simple way to clone this object and change some lines in SimPE to make it do that if I wanted to do it for myself?)
Site Helper
Original Poster
#23 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 6:25 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 19th Jan 2013 at 7:54 PM.
I have added a new object to this thread that will turn off all lights on the lot.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 10:00 AM
Thanks for the extra box!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 21st Jan 2013 at 8:11 PM
It keeps saying "Incorrect command line"
Page 1 of 2