Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#26 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 11:51 PM
I'm worried about the BV patch. For some reason it never installed for me properly, even though I saved it. To install it I had to download it anew.

And I don't mean that my saved patch was damaged.

There was some hassle with reinstalling the game last time, so I had to reinstall the BV patch a few times. And each times I had to download it anew, because the saved one would propmtly stop working. As if it worked only one time. Hopefully that was a glitch with my PC.

P.S. Is TS2 really not popular anymore? Whatever, I can't see the game aging, it's as good as it used to be. The gameplay, graphics, everything. There's no reason for it to be classifed as "old".
Advertisement
Banned
#27 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 11:51 PM
I needed homecrafter just last night, thank heavens I downloaded it. Though I'm sure it will be hosted other places soon.
Instructor
#28 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 12:09 AM
I googled it last summer and I downloaded from somewhere, and I got malware: It was called Babylon Toolbar, it was very bad for my computer.

Elephant! Handcuffs! Naughty! Tee hee!
Banned
#29 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 12:20 AM
you're talking about Homecrafter Plus? You must've got it from a source not from TheSims2.com.
Scholar
#30 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 1:18 AM
Good thing I saved all the patches relevant to my game discs on my external HD (it meant I didn't need to redownload them for the installation to my newer laptop - or when I had to re-install after being forced to revert to factory settings... twice.

I've never been able to download from the Exchange itself, which really bugged me - EA never recognised my gamecode so I couldn't register it (I only joined because I wanted the "running with scissors" pack... for the extra ghost colour). I never thought about getting hold of Homecrafter - maybe I should go grab it...

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Banned
#31 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 1:21 AM
Well I never needed any patches before because I always used Origin for my games, and Origin automatically patches all the games. The downside to Origin is though, as of yet you can't test your creations in a base or base/ep and/or sp only game with AGS. Although I wonder if with The Sims 2 website closing will Origin games no longer be updated when your license expires or the patches will lead to a non-existent page. That's a huge worry. Especially the part about the expired license because without an updated license every year it won't even let you play. I also ran into problems with outdated licenses and having to contact EA support whenever I got a new computer or reformatted my hard drive.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#32 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 1:32 AM Last edited by Simonut : 16th Dec 2012 at 1:57 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Yeah, we'll host the patches. And homecrafter (probably) .

Oh my ! Whiterider I have never met you but I am so in "Love" with you ( be it you are female or male ) for saying that MTS will probably host the patches. :lovestruc
I don't think I can take to much stress when it comes to my Sims 2, need a drink here You have giving us all hope. thanks you.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#33 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims99Fanatic
Well I never needed any patches before because I always used Origin for my games, and Origin automatically patches all the games. The downside to Origin is though, as of yet you can't test your creations in a base or base/ep and/or sp only game with AGS. Although I wonder if with The Sims 2 website closing will Origin games no longer be updated when your license expires or the patches will lead to a non-existent page. That's a huge worry. Especially the part about the expired license because without an updated license every year it won't even let you play. I also ran into problems with outdated licenses and having to contact EA support whenever I got a new computer or reformatted my hard drive.

I've always been weary of digital downloads, I like to have each disk by itself. None of those collection packs either.

Selly_2009, they apparantly had two "running with scissors". The first set worked and the second set didn't. Guess which set I got?
If you are after the Maxoid dolphin shrub I have that in my water park on here.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Banned
#34 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
( be it you are female or male )

Whiterider is female. I never got why folks confused her so, it's always been right there on her profile. And yes, if MTS hosted patches and especially homecrafter for when I need it later that would be a huge help.
Scholar
#35 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 2:37 AM
I can't log in and they're no longer sending password info

(And sometimes it can be hard to tell from screennames alone, if one doesn't check the profile page. For example, my screenname is the name of the boss-monster form of a male character from the SNES game Secret of Mana, but I'm female.)

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#36 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 2:50 AM
If you weren’t logged in you wouldn't be able to post.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#37 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
If you weren’t logged in you wouldn't be able to post.

I was referring to the EA Sims 2 site!

I should have been more specific

My Simblr
Inventor
#38 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 4:13 AM
I found patches here http://simsvip.com/sims-games/patches/ , I dl'd the AL one ( for giggles) and it's properties after extraction matched the one I already had. It looks like some of the various types of patches needed for cd/dvd/digital versions may not be there, not sure. Anyway , if someone is desperate for one in the interim , there they are.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#39 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aegagropilon
I was referring to the EA Sims 2 site!

I should have been more specific

Now I'm confused, were you refering to not knowing Whiterider's gender or something else?

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#40 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 5:06 AM
Now I'm confused, were you refering to not knowing Whiterider's gender or something else?

I'm confused, too, I though you were talking to me about not being able to post if I'm not logged in and oh I don't know anymore I haven't really been thinking clearly today.

But back to the topic of the official site closing down, I guess this means that CC makers will have to stop putting "No Uploading to the Exchange" on their TOUs?

My Simblr
Banned
#41 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 5:06 AM
I think they were talking about first the topic on hand not being able to log on to Sims 2 site, and secondly whiterider's gender. But I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aegagropilon
But back to the topic of the official site closing down, I guess this means that CC makers will have to stop putting "No Uploading to the Exchange" on their TOUs?

I was just thinking that honestly.

I'm not that sad to see the exchange go away, but I've only been simming for a year so I missed out on a ton of sim stories and other things like that. I used to read some of the stories on the exchange, like complete legacies and stuff like that. I love reading sim stories so it's a bit disappointing to see one of my main sources of sim reading going away.

If love is what saves all the creatures then why can't I hear them howl?
New Livejournal
EX:pondefloor
Banned
#43 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 5:17 AM
I've always been weary of digital downloads, I like to have each disk by itself. None of those collection packs either.

I actually prefer them because I can buy them and install them in my pajamas without stepping foot outside my turtle hut hermit house (you *can* buy on ebay or amazon in pj's *but* you can't check them mail without leaving your house ISTG I'm almost agoraphobic) , and plus discs get scratched very easily. But if they won't even let you renew your license, I have no choice but to buy discs.
Instructor
#44 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 6:03 AM
Aw man--this is really happening.

2012--It isn't the end of the world, it's the end of the Sims 2!

My male Sims are...Simulicious!
Banned
#45 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 6:19 AM
Oh shush your mouth! TS2 isn't ending by any stretch of the imagination. As long as the people still enjoy it it will thrive, doesn't matter what the man does!
Field Researcher
#46 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 10:43 AM
Why? just because there is sims 3 dosent mean no one use sims 2 website and play.
Test Subject
#47 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 10:54 AM
Very well, if EA decides to shut down their site and stop offering their services, atleast they should make Sims2 abandonware and provide it for free. Not that I mind personally, I have bought my copy, but I think it's just fair if such decisions lead to consequenses for the producers.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 11:20 AM
I've so far not uploaded anything to the exchange, and I've made backups of the patches in case I might need them one day, so I'm not really concerned.
Quite frankly, I've only visited the story part of the exchange to get a good laugh (I've so far only found less than 10 stories that I actually liked, while the rest were either horribly bad or in the 'forgotten as soon as they're read' category), and I don't think I've gotten any use for the few downloads I've gotten from there, as most were borked in some way (missing meshes and such). I've got the CD versions of the games, and I try to take good care of them. If the play disc gets ruined, then I might try to find a copy somewhere. I don't trust digital downloads...

Bottom line: The end of the exchange won't end TS2. The players are living on, and most of us have long ago moved on to other sites. I found MTS pretty soon after I started playing, and it became one of my main downloading sites. Now it is one out of many. The exchange was just there, and I wasn't much interested in it.

Besides, EA already tried to shoot it down once, almost without any warning. Stupid move, EA. I wonder why they can't just add a tiny little section for TS2 on their TS3 site with the patches and such. Can't be that big a problem, can it?
Theorist
#49 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Bottom line: The end of the exchange won't end TS2. The players are living on, and most of us have long ago moved on to other sites. I found MTS pretty soon after I started playing, and it became one of my main downloading sites. Now it is one out of many. The exchange was just there, and I wasn't much interested in it. I wonder why they can't just add a tiny little section for TS2 on their TS3 site with the patches and such. Can't be that big a problem, can it?

Yeah, I've never felt the exchange is a integral part of TS2 personally. I've always much preferred MTS. I don't think it will have much of an impact on whether people play the game or not. My only concern is the patches. Presumably stores will still be selling TS2 games (at least I still see them around), so people will have to go looking around trying to find the patches if they want to patch their game. I don't see why EA can't keep the patches available somewhere either, even if they do feel the need to take the website down.

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Field Researcher
#50 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by McChoclatey
Aw man--this is really happening.

2012--It isn't the end of the world, it's the end of the Sims 2!
*cough cough* January 14, 2013 *cough*

The first time I ever saw (or even learned about) custom content was on the Sims 2 site. This was probably a year or two ago, and the object was some Ford-sponsored car or whatever. My first reaction: Woah. It was cool looking, it was realistic, and I kinda wanted it. I never ended up downloading it, but that was my first experience with custom content. Later on, I found MTS, made an account, made a stupid post or two, and then looked at some custom content. I saw this dress, this hair collection, and some furniture set. I was shocked that some average (or perhaps above-average) person could make something so awesome independently from EA. Once I became a regular on this site (reading threads, rarely posting) I kept on being amazed by CC. But when this site shuts down I will never have seen most of the site. So basically what I'm rambling on about is that I will miss the site because of all the stuff I could've but didn't download. Ah well. End of post.
Page 2 of 18