Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Rendalen Builders and Vacation world DIY

by Volvenom Posted 23rd Feb 2013 at 11:30 PM - Updated 28th Feb 2013 at 10:33 AM by Volvenom

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Inconceivable!
THANKS POST
#2 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 8:55 AM
This is so pretty! Thank you!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 10:34 AM
Very pretty little world. It looks like it would mostly be useful as a vacation world; I can't imagine having it as a main world. (No rabbit holes!) Nice little getaway for Sims who might want a vacation home, if you want them to own their own personal island.
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 10:48 AM
yw Buckley

Amber: builders who don't really play that much can just use it to test their houses. The world is small and light so the houses can be big but you're right it's too small to be used as a daily world in most cases. Thanks for your feedback.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 2:07 PM
cool idea. thank you. wonderful for that vacation home getaway .
Instructor
#6 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tambailey2002
cool idea. thank you. wonderful for that vacation home getaway .

Yes, especially with a houseboat !
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fxchrfxchr
Yes, especially with a houseboat !

Houseboat? you mean the island exp coming up later? Can you travel between worlds with that?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 5:21 PM
Perfect. It is hard to find little worlds without roads. Now the prehistoric families that I have been playing will have a place to vacation that I can design as similarly primitive. The large central lot is ideal for custom tombs to explore, also. Actually, this world is a perfect template for a morphing vacation spot for many simified historical eras (my latest bent). Now, I just need the bonfire that will come with University.

Thank you!
Interstellar Traveler
THANKS POST
#9 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 8:05 PM
This is awesome! Thank you very much!
dodgy builder
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 5:25 PM
Arcrammer should read above him

Thank you everyone, I'm glad you like it
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#11 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 7:46 PM
Very cute and picturesque, useful for either testing purposes or for playing a tiny primitive/medieval colony. Thank you!
Forum Resident
#12 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 7:45 AM
I hadn't thought about it for testing purposes, since I don't do that, but that's a good idea. And yes you're right - because it's small and won't use up much CPU processing, it means I could put one really awesome house on it!

You have suddenly given me some really interesting ideas for its use....

Oh, do you really NEED Seasons and Supernatural to use it? I hope not - I don't have those expansions yet.
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 9:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter
You have suddenly given me some really interesting ideas for its use....

Great! I used Armiel's DIY for that earlier, but now I have my own world and it needs testing I also had my experience with Armiel's little island in mind when I built this one. Her mountain was too high, so I made it more in a distance and lower.

Quote:
Oh, do you really NEED Seasons and Supernatural to use it? I hope not - I don't have those expansions yet.

It all depends on the launcher. Without Season you may have problems because of the lots in the water. Supernatural I don't know. Perhaps not since the trees in that exp is hideous It wouldn't be a problem for me to make a file without the beachlots though, but you still might not get passed the launcher. You just have to try I'm sorry I don't know more, I love my stuff too much and the labels in caw is useless, at least in my language.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#14 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 9:54 AM
Wow nice.
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 10:29 AM
Thanks JB and thanks Esmeralda

The file with no beach lots is now uploaded. I hope it works without Seasons
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 3:13 PM
Very good job !

But how to change the world in "Create a World" ?
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#17 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shaymin76
Very good job !

But how to change the world in "Create a World" ?

You can't do that without the world file, and why should I give you that?
Forum Resident
#18 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
The file with no beach lots is now uploaded. I hope it works without Seasons

I think these files must actually require one of the expansion packs, but I'm not sure which one. It fails to show up in my game if I just put the Sims3Pack files in my Downloads folder; when I launch it with the launcher, it says I need to update my game. Since I have the latest patch, I think what it wants is one of the EPs.

I'm sad, because I had been looking forward to using it.

If there were a way you could upload these as .world files, they would probably work regardless. I don't know if MTS allows that, though.
Instructor
#19 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 11:36 PM
Ooohh thank you for this. <3 It looks really nice.
I have a few ideas for this, I might use it as a "survival" world or a shipwrecked world or something.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 27th Feb 2013 at 2:01 AM
The one thing that immediately stands out for me is that the island is very, very square -- unnaturally so. If you would be able to chop off the corners of the two barrier islands, making them curve/taper down on the outside as they join the main island, it would go a long way into making it look a bit less jarringly unrealistic -- you might also consider making one of the corners a peninsula to break up the squareness even more.

Good effort nonetheless!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 27th Feb 2013 at 12:22 PM Last edited by Pink_Pwincess : 17th Mar 2013 at 5:24 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Arcrammer
I still don't get why it's so wonderful. The Sims 3 has the lowest system requirements ever! Unless you're using half of a Mac Mini...

Whatever! Glad to have another download on modthesims, whether it makes any sense or not, it still (apparently) came in useful for some people...

The system requirements actually are inaccurate. The Sims 3 is a very demanding game, and even the best high-end computers struggle to run it on the highest settings. There is no script for the game to follow, it's all loaded as you go, which makes it very challenging for your computer. I have a computer which can run almost any game on the highest settings with at least 100-150 fps if not more, but The Sims 3 can only run on medium-low settings.

Also, thank you very much for this little world - it'll come in handy for me
The only thing I wish is that it was a tiny bit bigger so I could add just one or two more lots.. Ironic :p
Thank you!
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#22 Old 27th Feb 2013 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JT`
The one thing that immediately stands out for me is that the island is very, very square -- unnaturally so. If you would be able to chop off the corners of the two barrier islands, making them curve/taper down on the outside as they join the main island, it would go a long way into making it look a bit less jarringly unrealistic -- you might also consider making one of the corners a peninsula to break up the squareness even more.

Good effort nonetheless!

Thanks for the feedback. I had all the terrains already, making it was very fast. As pink says though the area is very small.
Amber: I'll look into it.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 27th Feb 2013 at 6:09 PM
It's working fine in my game and I like it. (I have all EPs.) However, I do agree that it is unnaturally square and it would be nice to have room for one or two more lots. Also, the sims and wild horses sink into the beach lots, but I believe that is a common terrain problem that may be difficult to avoid if you want a nice slope to the water. My favorite thing about it is the lack of roads and the small, simple size that loads in a flash. Rounder and slightly bigger would be great if you had time, though.

I want to turn the base camp into a real community tent camping spot, but still have space to include a large park-like lake/underground tomb lot that I am using for the sims' entertainment. I realize this was partially meant as a world for builders, but for my use, it has the potential to be a good world for fishing, exploring and camping trips. For the "cafe" lot, I just added a firepit and Jynx' diner rabbit hole rug.
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#24 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 10:37 AM
I have noted down the request for a small map with a similar nature. There is only a few sizes available though, just so you know it.

I have uploaded the .world file, we'll see what MTS does about that.

I find the view on it being a bit square a bit puzzling. 1 side of this world is not available for the camera, I was thinking about it also being so on the other side. Considering it's not meant to be used, it's not routable and game is suppose to happen in the middle. You won't see the sides at all. That was my plan, I couldn't make the sides any higher without the terrain looking stretched. You will only see it from above before you start playing. It's noted for the future though, so thanks for the feedback.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#25 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 4:57 AM
Thank you VERY much for uploading the .world file! I will see if that will allow me to use it without the expansions. I hope so - I really like the idea of this for the same thing SamIAm2 said - little fishing / camping trips where a Sims family can go on vacation but not have a whole lot of other things going on.

Btw, are there any spawners on this world? If not, not a problem - they can always be put onto lots if we want them.
Page 1 of 2