Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 5:10 AM
So I just started up my new patched game and wanted to check out these roommates
I cheated a friendship up with Hank Goddard and tried asking him to move in s a roommate, but never saw the option :/
I was on my home lot and everything!

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#27 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 6:39 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 26th Feb 2013 at 9:09 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by SimmerE14
So I just started up my new patched game and wanted to check out these roommates
I cheated a friendship up with Hank Goddard and tried asking him to move in s a roommate, but never saw the option :/
I was on my home lot and everything!

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Fix the lack of the buggy roommate option? lol... ok you asked for it

Think you need to get him to "friendly" in the conversation status, not just the long term relationship status.

Edit: Actually I have to say my abortive roommate attempt has worked out well in the long run. Just started with Gobias as a test, but I seem to have settled him in a pretty happy life. The first roommate died, the game auto-replaced him with a different roommate, Gage Briody; and Gage got promoted to household member after I quit the game and restarted. However, Gage and Gobias get along well; they're both in science, they share the garden work, Gage is social while Gobias isn't so he can entertain while Gobias works on his alchemy (swapped out his LTW for the "use 50 elixirs" one). I've played em for almost a full Sim year now; Gobias is about to age up, they had my first successful gift-giving party ever, their cats just had kittens, and I am HOPING to get Gage pregnant by alien (one abduction but no pregnancies so far ).

Haven't had any additional roommate spawning.

Not saying the roomate thing WORKS -- it doesn't -- but if you go with the flow you can get some interesting gameplay
Test Subject
#28 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tihswen
This feature is awful. I got a roommate and played for a couple of sim days until I just wanted to get rid of the roommate. Tried the change household trick for getting rid of the roommate, which makes the roommate a part of the family and just kicked the sim out. Except next day I got a new roommate. Tried to change households again to get rid of it. New roommate the day after. Made a completely new family in CAS and moved into a house. Day after? Roommate! I got a roommate in a family I had not played in and that had not asked for a roommate. Not only that, but ALL of the roommates adopted a cat that ended up being added to my household, so I think I had to give up the SAME CAT 4 times for adoption. I deleted the whole savegame and just started over in a new world. We need a mod for roommates.

I am having this exact problem. It's as if the Sims 3 is confusing regular home lots for dorms. Perhaps the dorms necessitate roommates, but regular homes should not. There should be a harder option than "dismiss roommate".
Page 2 of 2