Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Romantic Interest On Kiss (1.67 compatible)

by Fentonparkninja Posted 10th Mar 2013 at 3:37 PM - Updated 10th Apr 2014 at 9:48 AM by Fentonparkninja : Patch 1.63

58 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 33 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 4:13 PM
THIS IS AMAZING! Thank you so much! Waited for something like this for ages. <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 4:59 PM
What a fantastic idea! My one sim got a naughty reputation instantly when she was just experimenting to find a single sim, it really messed with her engagement later on!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 5:02 PM
What a god send. Thanks!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 5:39 PM
So this won't work for that "heat of the moment" kiss? That's the one that keeps getting my sims in trouble because of those dares in UL. Plus, I had a random sim do that kiss on my sim, who was in a steady relationship, and of course her boyfriend got upset and even though I tried to get them back on good terms, he ended up breaking up with her.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 6:54 PM
Thank you! It has been bothering me since I first started playing, it's nice to have a fix to it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 7:46 PM
This is great! Thanks!
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
THANKS POST
#8 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 1:43 AM
oh, Praise Jeebus, this mod will make things sooooo much easier. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 2:45 AM
:] thank you
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 5:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShortyBoo
So this won't work for that "heat of the moment" kiss? That's the one that keeps getting my sims in trouble because of those dares in UL. Plus, I had a random sim do that kiss on my sim, who was in a steady relationship, and of course her boyfriend got upset and even though I tried to get them back on good terms, he ended up breaking up with her.
This mod just alters interactions from the basegame and only to remove the Romantic Interest 'flag' on kisses and make-outs. I haven't changed jealousy at all, so the partners of sims who see them kiss someone else will still get upset, even though no Romantic Interest is created.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fentonparkninja
This mod just alters interactions from the basegame and only to remove the Romantic Interest 'flag' on kisses and make-outs. I haven't changed jealousy at all, so the partners of sims who see them kiss someone else will still get upset, even though no Romantic Interest is created.

Well, can you remove the flag from the heat of the moment kiss? I think there are several other types of kisses added in UL as well. I've been using MC to remove the "romantic interest" status in the meantime, but it would be nice if it didn't happen in the first place.
Test Subject
#12 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 5:55 PM
Can you make a version that removes the romantic interest from everything except the first kiss?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#13 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 7:33 PM
Yeah, what Shortyboo said on both comments.

Thank you for this, can't wait for the update.
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 4:10 AM
Alright, I'll give it a look sometime.
Test Subject
#15 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 5:29 PM
Thanks! But, it would be great if it also worked for heat of the moment kiss.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 13th Mar 2013 at 9:13 AM
Awesome idea, and I love that you included SocialData tuning instructions. I too have felt it was a little odd that sims with Commitment Issues are forming romances simply by making out with barflies etc. =)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 3:55 AM
Thanks for updating this to handle the UL stuff. Putting it in my game now!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 9:04 AM
Aaaaand you're awesome.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 8:02 AM
thank you!!!
Scholar
#20 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 12:09 PM
Man I really wish you would've posted this much sooner. It would've saved me some trouble I had recently with several Sims that suddenly became romantic interests after they were the target of a witch's love charm, and of course my Sim had to be the next person they talked to. With this mod and the no autonomous love charm mod I don't have to worry about unwanted romantic interests. Very nice mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 20th Mar 2013 at 10:58 PM
Does this make sims stop from going on a date after they kiss? 'Cause you know how before the mod, when sims kiss the game assumes they are going on a date? Please reply!
Scholar
Original Poster
#22 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 5:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PoseChu
Does this make sims stop from going on a date after they kiss? 'Cause you know how before the mod, when sims kiss the game assumes they are going on a date? Please reply!
The normal kiss interactions won't do that unless they are in a group at the time. I don't have University Life, so I can't speak to the effects of the ones in that.

Regardless, all this mod does is prevent romantic interests from being created; the date system hasn't been altered in any way.
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 1:16 AM
Oh. My. Goodness. This is just what I've wanted since forever, for the sake of Janet. (And very hypothetically, for me too. The neighbor across the street is Inappropriate. I might not be so terrified at seeing the "Be Smooched" action come up, if it no longer must imply "Be Treated As Property by the Cad Who Did It.")
Scholar
Original Poster
#24 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
Oh. My. Goodness. This is just what I've wanted since forever, for the sake of Janet. (And very hypothetically, for me too. The neighbor across the street is Inappropriate. I might not be so terrified at seeing the "Be Smooched" action come up, if it no longer must imply "Be Treated As Property by the Cad Who Did It.")
Good to know 'Be Smooched' is no longer terrifying. I'll be sure to keep that in mind in the future.
Test Subject
#25 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 4:08 PM
Just to let you, it works in keeping romantic interest from occuring; but, it seems to conflict with Twallan's Woohooer.

I no longer have any interactions under flirt or romance except for 'woohoo', 'heat of the moment kiss', 'try for baby' and risky woohoo'.
Even after removong it, I still don't have those interactions, so I had to go back to an older save.
Page 1 of 3