Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Science Skill Gain for Chemistry Table and Telescope

by sammonsim Posted 28th Mar 2013 at 1:34 AM - Updated 18th Oct 2013 at 12:18 AM by sammonsim

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 2:09 AM
Yes! This is much needed. Thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 6:45 AM
I was going to make this, but you beat me to it. Thank you!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 9:17 AM
You do realize the Science skill is useless right? Just saying.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 6:44 PM
Do they still gain logic from using the objects?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 7:17 PM
Yes, they'll still gain logic skill.

Intersecting modular stairs.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 7:20 PM
Great idea! It's a pity that EA didn't already do this, but thanks to you for doing so.
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Mar 2013 at 2:16 PM
Brilliant!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 30th Mar 2013 at 3:57 AM
Thanks! It was weird that you can't gain science skill with the chemistry table.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 31st Mar 2013 at 5:30 PM
Another great mod that I didn't even know until I saw it, but in retrospect seems rather obvious. Thanks!

@JackieSmith: It depends on how you play your Sims. If they want a career in Science or Medicine, if they want to clone a Sim or a particularly good/rare fruit/insect/fish/whatever, if you want to be able to bump the quality of a fruit/insect/fish/whatever, or if you want to change your Sim into a Plant Sim, than the Science skill is not useless. Then, again, the Charisma skill is useless to a Loner Sim, and the Painting skill is useless to a Sim that Can't Stand Art. It's all how you play.

Visit my site: La Vie En Sims!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#11 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 9:12 AM
Brillant and useful I can't believe that this mod isn't already here in the game !
Million thanks !
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 2:09 PM
I wasn't going to download this once I read that I have to make sure my Sims already have 1 point in the skill for it to take affect as I would forget too often, but then when I was playing yesterday I realised that Sims can take a Science class at the Science Facility in town just like any other skill class!
Now it's a must have.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 28th May 2013 at 4:08 AM
Hello. Really appreciate this mod. Is it possible to make another version which makes all gym equipments gives Jock influences as well?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 16th Jun 2013 at 4:52 AM
What about the other telescope that i think came with high end loft stuff? As in your pictures you only use the base one which i never use.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 9:22 PM
I love this mod but will it work with the new patch 1.55? Or does it need updating?

-I Hate being obvious. All fangs and "grrr"! Takes the mystery out. Spike "Buffy The Vampire Slayer"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 10:43 AM
Teza: Yes, it is fine to use with 1.55. The files it modifies were not changed in the patch.

Fearless Butterfly: I don't have any of the stuff packs myself, but it shouldn't matter. This mod changes the "Look through" and "Search galaxy" interactions themselves, not the telescope object. So, it should work fine with any functional telescope.

Emino: I guess that yes, probably that would be similar to how this mod works. I can look into it when I have some time... Haven't been playing/modding TS3 much in the past month or so because it's been lagging a lot for me, but I'm trying to get it to behave again. (Now that there's a new EP out )
Anyway, I'll take a look at that and see what I can do. It sounds useful.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 12:08 AM
*tacklehugs* :D

You made me happy!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 1:37 AM
God. EA should do this! duh....but u did so ur a LEGEND!!! thanks so much.....love it
Space Pony
#19 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 10:20 PM
Compatible with 1.57? (It should be, but I like to make sure!)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 8:35 PM
I don't think they even changed any tuning with 1.57, just added some new tuning files for Movie stuff pack items. So yes, it's compatible. (:

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 11:05 PM
If anyone's still looking, the mod Emino had requested is up now - gain jock influence from working out on gym equipment or with the TV/stereo. It is here

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 7:21 PM
Thanks! What a great way to integrate the eps :D
Test Subject
#23 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 11:12 PM
Great mod. Tested on Patch 1.66 and 1.67
Field Researcher
#24 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 11:31 PM Last edited by Okalanit : 6th Nov 2014 at 9:32 AM. Reason: Adding Grammar
I didn't even know there was a Science skill! I will be testing this and if there are any problems and/or any bugs/glitches, I will let you know. If not, you won't see me again.

I've ran the dashboard tool. Unfortunately this clashes with "gain fun with telescope" mod. Chavverick (SP?) was the creator I think, something like that. Anyways, thought I would add this. So far it does not conflict with any other mods according to the Dashboard tool.
I removed the "gain fun with telescope" because I think this one is better for me.

I have installed "Telescope Optics Enhancement Kit" and ran the Dashboard Tool. It does not say anything about it conflicting with this mod. I also have posted this information on their page as well. So for those who are looking for telescope mods, these two work just fine together.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 9:17 AM
YOU'RE AWESOME THANKS
Page 1 of 2