Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2013 at 9:22 PM Last edited by Nilxis : 7th Mar 2015 at 10:19 PM.
Default Barcelona - Ready to download!
Hi!
Barcelona is one of the cities I have always wanted to recreate in sims so I started this project about three weeks ago and now it's the time to share it with you. I'd like to upload it here so I hope to hear your feedback

I have started building the maritime area and I'll progressively build the rest of the city towards the interior. Barcelona is the biggest city here in Catalonia and it has many characteristic places and many different architectural styles, I hope to be able to recreate them well.

I'm using the biggest map size, some CC and all EPs. The world will also have custom INIs, the ones you can see in the pics below are not the definitive version. Here are the pictures:

Port area:

Aquarium of Barcelona:

Barceloneta District:

Luna's buildings:

So I would love to see what you think about it. Any opinion or suggestion is welcome!
I hope you like it!

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 18th Apr 2013 at 9:41 PM
I love that all your worlds are so sunny and nice. This one is stunning as well.

If you are planning to make the Downtown area, I can supply you with the following buildings, all come with nighttime textures (they light up at night). You can PM if you want any of them.

Anyway, keep up the good work!
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 1:33 PM
I love ALL of your worlds! My current sim family lives in Emporda (which is my favorite world) and often vacation in Plav Raj and Ziwa Bonde. I like your attention to detail. I can't wait until this world is finished.
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 2:33 PM
OMG This is SOOOOO amazing, Barcelona is beautiful!!! I'm definetly bookmarking this!
Instructor
#5 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 3:39 PM
I looks like it's coming along splendidly! I love your attention to detail. The aquarium looks very interesting!

Looking forward to seeing progress on this!

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 4:12 PM
Thank you so much for your comments, I'm happy that you like it!

Monsoon: Wow, these would help a lot. I've sent you a PM Thanks so much.

Alchemist
#7 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 6:30 PM
Looks really impressive so far, I haven't seen your other worlds yet, definatly going to check them out
I also love the water color, very mediterranean, keep up the work

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#8 Old 20th Apr 2013 at 10:04 AM
This looks incredible so far-at first I thought it was going to be another recreation that would fall flat like so many of them here, but then i realized it was by you! This is really looking good and I can't wait to see the finished product!

"It's written amazingly well... but if you don't take out the part that says, "I don't care if you kill L", I'll die." -L Lawliet
dodgy builder
#9 Old 20th Apr 2013 at 10:41 AM
I agree with Lennon, so many unfinished projects popping up Barcelona is a very big project isn't it? Looking very nice. I was lurking in here yesterday as well and suddenly realized I don't have an aquarium in Stranda. That is an important thing to have in an atlantic ocean Island

The last building from Luna you have picture of, is that the same as Monsoon has? I would have chosen the Monsoon version
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Apr 2013 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
Looks really impressive so far, I haven't seen your other worlds yet, definatly going to check them out
I also love the water color, very mediterranean, keep up the work

Thanks Johnny, I was going to change the water color because the custom INIs in the pics are just provisional (I'm using the ones from my previous world Empordà). But if you like it I'll keep this color for the water I think it looks good already.

Quote: Originally posted by Lennon7777777
This looks incredible so far-at first I thought it was going to be another recreation that would fall flat like so many of them here, but then i realized it was by you! This is really looking good and I can't wait to see the finished product!

Thanks Lennon, this is the second time I try to make a big city. At my first attempt I gave up... but I want to continue this one till the end, well I hope so

Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I agree with Lennon, so many unfinished projects popping up Barcelona is a very big project isn't it? Looking very nice. I was lurking in here yesterday as well and suddenly realized I don't have an aquarium in Stranda. That is an important thing to have in an atlantic ocean Island

The last building from Luna you have picture of, is that the same as Monsoon has? I would have chosen the Monsoon version

Thank you too Volvenom, yes BCN is a very big project, maybe the most ambitious one I have ever started.
About Luna's building (Torre Agbar) I agree with you that the one in Monsoon's picture is better, but I'll feel bad choosing it since Luna created this object especially for this world and I'm very thankful about that. I don't know, what do you think? (If Monsoon agrees to make it of course)

Instructor
#11 Old 20th Apr 2013 at 1:01 PM
I'm not questioning Luna's talent or hard work, because one look at her blog is enough to say she's one of the best creators (it's just the Google Warehouse that sometimes has textures of bad quality). I'd never compare myself to her, as I usually convert my buildings from other games. I'm still a beginner when it comes to creating something from scratch. If you choose to use my version, it's fine, I can send you the .package right away. But I will understand if you choose her.
dodgy builder
#12 Old 20th Apr 2013 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nilxis
About Luna's building (Torre Agbar) I agree with you that the one in Monsoon's picture is better, but I'll feel bad choosing it since Luna created this object especially for this world and I'm very thankful about that. I don't know, what do you think? (If Monsoon agrees to make it of course)

No worries, it may just be the graphics is different. You choose Luna that's fine
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 9:00 PM
Ok so here's a little update of what I've done during this weekend :

Barceloneta and surroundings:

W Hotel Barcelona:

More soon!!

PS:If you think I can improve something please tell me

Test Subject
#14 Old 29th Apr 2013 at 3:22 PM
this must be the world im most excited for . any updates??
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st May 2013 at 4:31 PM
Thanks scot
I've been building around the coastline, here is a new update:

Beach:

Olympic Port Area:

Estació de França:

Overview:

I hope you like it!

Instructor
#16 Old 1st May 2013 at 4:35 PM
Wow! So much detail in that tiny section you've done. This world is going to be simply incredible!

For all the work that went into your subway terminal, there definitely needs to be some kind of function to it! It's too well done to just sit there! =)

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 1st May 2013 at 5:14 PM
I agree, i think I'll set it as a Java Hut and I'll adapt a room for the sims to drink coffee, play and relax Thanks for the suggestion!

Lab Assistant
#18 Old 1st May 2013 at 5:16 PM
I love the vaulting you did with the subway station! Really well done! :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th May 2013 at 9:22 PM Last edited by Nilxis : 5th May 2013 at 9:36 PM.
Thank you, it was such a pain to build!

Here's a little update of Parc de la Ciutadella (Ciutadella Park). It's still not finished, I have to do some more builds, but the main part is done

More soon! Feedback is welcome

dodgy builder
#20 Old 5th May 2013 at 10:33 PM
I like your proportions on the city hall compared to the real thing. The real one probably have 1 extra floor or something and you're using trees at the front. It still looks right. The fountain is just fab
Test Subject
#21 Old 6th May 2013 at 12:37 PM
the patk looks SO beautiful!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th May 2013 at 8:04 PM Last edited by Nilxis : 10th May 2013 at 2:17 PM.
Thank you for your comments
I think the Parliament/City Hall looks a bit different because I didn't raise the walls of the second floor a bit higher, or maybe because the windows of the roof are too big... but anyway if you say you like it I'll keep it as it is. Now it would be a bit difficult to modificate it again with CFE.

Instructor
#23 Old 6th May 2013 at 8:17 PM
Oh my god I remember that park from last summer when I went to Barcelona The fountain looks just like the real thing!

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Field Researcher
retired moderator
#24 Old 6th May 2013 at 9:04 PM
This world is truly breathtaking! It is so detailed and beautiful! I can't wait to see more progress!

PM me with a request!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 10th May 2013 at 1:29 PM
wow!
good job!
Page 1 of 9