Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

White Diamond – All Levels are Split-level

by eliseluong Posted 30th Apr 2013 at 4:41 PM - Updated 17th Nov 2021 at 2:14 PM by eliseluong

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 8:02 PM
Nice playing with different heights and cool windowed pool! Also, nice idea with that little driveway ramp! You're giving me ideas!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 8:15 PM
Default Cool!
Wouldn't it be great if Sims got fitness points for going up/down stairs!?

I love building houses like this - you did a terrific job!!! I think a 'ramped' garage is my next undertaking... hmmm...

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 8:41 PM Last edited by eliseluong : 30th Apr 2013 at 9:03 PM.
CatherineTCJD: There are 2 shortcut stairs connecting split level 2 and 4. The same number of stairs sims need to climb in a normal house from level 1 and 2. In my neighborhood, we use Targa's fast stairs, but I have to put actual stairs here to match the style of the house for uploading. I thought of using elevators instead of these 2 spiral stairs since it occupies the same number of space anyway, however, I did not use elevators because of the risk of falling and accidental death. I put my sims' safety above all. Elevator just breaks too often and requires quite a lot of maintenance.

Can't wait to see your version of the ramped garage.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 8:59 PM Last edited by eliseluong : 30th Apr 2013 at 10:16 PM.
Psychosim: Thanks for the default replacement build mode wall with scale. It really really helps as I routinely abuse CFE. Without your creation, It will be a lot harder, my eyes would probably go blind first by constantly counting how many 'clicks' are on my CFE walls.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator THANKS POST
#6 Old 1st May 2013 at 5:59 PM
What a beautiful house! I'm very impressed; I can't build worth a drat, let alone using CFE. Thank you so much for sharing this gem (no pun intended, I promise)!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#7 Old 2nd May 2013 at 3:52 PM
The house is beautifully balanced! All the levels flow smoothly together, making the house so pleasing to the eye. Impressive building!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd May 2013 at 8:50 PM
Thank you for all your encouragement.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 3rd May 2013 at 4:18 AM Last edited by alanqlowell : 3rd May 2013 at 4:33 AM.
I like this house! It looks really modern and interesting. I could imagine you put a lot of work into building this house, split level houses are hard to build, I just like everything you have done to this house. I'm definitely going to start using your driveway ramp idea on my houses
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#10 Old 3rd May 2013 at 6:42 AM
Good work, but you do have a staircase there that dosnt quite reach the top of the floor, just stops in the wall. Are sims able to use this staircase and go right up to the floor?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd May 2013 at 8:37 AM Last edited by eliseluong : 17th Nov 2021 at 1:30 PM.
ekrubynaffit: Absolutely, sims can use it even better than the normal stairs, it is a rather useful building technique called stealth stairs or elevator stairs, I listed it as the number 6 characteristic of this house. As the matter of fact, there are people prefer stealth stairs over Targa's stairs. It is absolutely safe to use and very efficient. That's the whole point, sims can go to the next floor without climbing the entire stairs!!! You don't see it a lot because not that many people know how to build it. Also, elevator stairs is modern style, so it wouldn't look right on a traditional or victorian house. But for this house which is extremely modern, it fits right in. It would not have passed my stringent quality control tests (details in my journal) if sims cannot use it. All houses I built have active sims families (not tester sims) living there so I can ensure that every thing is working properly. The file I share here is the same copy but no sims live there.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#12 Old 6th May 2013 at 9:21 AM
Now this is a gorgeous work of art, truly amazing. Well Done! I would never have thought of something like this, it's certainly unique and very beautiful, I don't normally like modern houses, but this is just something else!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#13 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 8:05 PM
So cute
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 1:28 AM
Finally White Diamond saw sunshine after being buried in the dirt for exactly 2 months! Thank you for the golden star.
Test Subject
#15 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 8:25 PM
Can I ask how you achived the sloping drivway to the second floor. Thanks
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 1:20 AM Last edited by eliseluong : 12th Jul 2013 at 10:17 PM.
kazpokemon: Did you mean the driveway ramp that connected to the foundation? If so, the ramp was an illusion, I used a roof piece and changed the roof angle to 18, it was a simple procedure but the idea was innovative and the result is very effective. I haven't seen anyone done this before, so try it out.
Test Subject
#17 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 10:08 AM
Sorry to botther you again bu how did you get the driveway onto the 2nd floor? I thought you could only place drivway extensions on the 1st floor? Thanks again.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 3:36 PM Last edited by eliseluong : 13th Jul 2013 at 4:02 PM.
I am sorry I have misunderstood your original question. This house already had a driveway extension (an invisible custom made one), you just need to buy a car and use the hand tool to put the car in the garage, it will sit right in. If you want to put another driveway extension, you need to first delete the current one, just use the hand tool from buy mode to grasp it, you will then 'feel or see' the invisible driveway extension. The invisible driveway extension is much better than the maxis' ones because it can be seen through, so you can use any type of floor tiles underneath, it looks better, that is the whole purpose of the invisible driveway & driveway extension. I hope I answered your question this time.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#19 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 12:11 AM
Love the house you've made, eliseluong
THANKS POST
#20 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 5:32 PM
WOW! like, amazing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 6:03 AM
Thank U !
Test Subject
#22 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 5:01 PM
I can Buy it, the price is super duper expensive, about 400,000,000...
how can i fix it???
Test Subject
#23 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FSG
I can Buy it, the price is super duper expensive, about 400,000,000...
how can i fix it???

I am the person who tested this house for eliseluong in my game, the sell price was exactly what was listed on the page. I am sorry you must have some housing mod or something to mess up the price. You may want to try in a clean neighborhood without any mod to see if the same problem occurs.