Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd May 2013 at 7:48 PM
Default Sims That You Hate
You don't even really have to have a reason...
Ever had a sim that for some, dumb reason just rustles your jimmies?
Do you find yourself yelling at them through the screen?
Have they ever really done anything other than be a normal sim, yet you dream about killing them at night?

If so, discuss them here!

For me, this sim happens to be Rick Contrary. During my rotations, I always dread playing the Contrary household. Every night at 8 pm, Marcel Jocque comes 'round to kick the trash can involving a horrific love scandal involving the paternity of newborn Isabella Contrary. Once, I directed Rick to call the exterminator the next morning, whilst the rest of the household were at work/school. Instead of doing so, he cancels out the action and starts crying over vermin.
He continues crying all day long, but keeps refusing to call the exterminator service.

Really, that's the only time Rick has done something to bother me. It was two rotations ago, but I still hate him. I groan aloud when I have to play him.

Care to share?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 3rd May 2013 at 7:50 PM
I don't like Don Lothario or one of those desperate daters you get when you are cheap paying the lady for the date, i hate 'em
#3 Old 3rd May 2013 at 7:56 PM
I don't play long enough to become so attached to my Sims enough to hate them.
Alchemist
#4 Old 3rd May 2013 at 7:59 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd May 2013 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrèmedelaCrème
I don't play long enough to become so attached to my Sims enough to hate them.

Haha, I'm enrolled in online school and I don't have a job right now, so pretty much all I do is play the sims, sleep, and occasionally study.

ZenGarden, I absolutely love Don! I normally give him a second aspiration like knowledge or popularity to make him more tolerable. He makes cute babies with Kaylynn and Nina too.
I don't like any of the ape face creeps you get a la Matchmaker, though. She's a con artist.
Alchemist
#6 Old 3rd May 2013 at 8:56 PM
So, how do you feed yourself? Forage for food in garbage bins? Ask parents for money? Do chores and earn allowances?
In my country you get money even if you have no job..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd May 2013 at 9:04 PM
So, how do you feed yourself? Forage for food in garbage bins? Ask parents for money? Do chores and earn allowances?

I'm 17, currently living with my sister with my mom's child support card to feed myself right now. The local grocery store I was working at got shut down last month and I've yet to find another job that will hire me since I'm >18. :P
#8 Old 3rd May 2013 at 9:14 PM
I, too hate Don Lothario. He may be sexy after given a makeover and makes a good dad, but I hate how much of a man whore he is. I just think going after all of those women is wrong. Sure my sims cheat, but never have more than 3 lovers at once.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 3rd May 2013 at 9:17 PM
Sims that I hate? None, really. The game? All the time. For such a fun and great game, it is ridiculous amount of work and EA borkedness makes it quite the pain in the behind from time to time. Actually, mostly all the time xD
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd May 2013 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Sims that I hate? None, really. The game? All the time. For such a fun and great game, it is ridiculous amount of work and EA borkedness makes it quite the pain in the behind from time to time. Actually, mostly all the time xD

Even though it is a lot of work and semi-borked,
I am a slave to this game like no other. It's sort of disturbing. If writing stories didn't require exiting the game sometimes, I would probably do it.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 3rd May 2013 at 10:47 PM
Sims I hate? Consort Capp! Why? For just being thoroughly nasty!

I know about the Capp - Monty feud, but the other day Consort beat up poor April Hutchins, for no good reason at all that I could see. I think she just wasn't fast enough getting out of his way on the pavement (sidewalk). As far as I know April is just a downtownie and has nothing at all to do with the Montys. April hasn't had her troubles to seek either; a few weeks ago she was seduced by a teen boy, who was really gay but just wanted to know what it was like with an adult female! And now Consort has beaten her up! He has the nerve to have a good memory of the incident too - "Won a fight"!

I can't kill him, because that would make me worse than him, but I can't help thinking that Capp Manor will be a brighter happier place when Juliette inherits it. I don't think much of Tybalt either, but he's young and has time to change his ways. But if you're still like that at Consort's age, there doesn't seem much hope of reform!

Generally I'm in favour of gender equality, but a man hitting a woman still shocks me - even in The Sims!
Instructor
#12 Old 3rd May 2013 at 10:56 PM
Darren Dreamer. I think he is a stalker.

I usually like Romance Sims, but Don Lothario is a creep. Then again, Cassandra's plenty creepy herself. Pretty much all the adults in Pleasantview are creepy; just who removed the ladder while Skip was swimming?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 3rd May 2013 at 11:02 PM
I don't really hate any sims, although I do dislike Don. But then I don't play the pre-made towns. Certain townies I dislike like Brandon Lillard as mentioned above; but then I've tossed a simlogical prisoner token into all the inventories of the townies except for a few. So effectively they are 'imprisoned' so I never have to see them. I needed a few to fill out my grungy apartment and to buy in my shops until the town has enough of it's own.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#14 Old 3rd May 2013 at 11:07 PM
I'm afraid I can't bring myself to hate a collection of pixels. I've married in/made playable a lot of the "Pleasantview Townies" over the years and don't really find any of them objectionable. I've never played the Maxis pre-made characters, the ones with built-in storylines, so I don't know about them. Frankly, I end up becoming more at odds with my created playables and born-in-games than with any townie.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 4th May 2013 at 12:19 AM
Joe Carr. He starts fights on community lots in every.single.one of my hoods.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 4th May 2013 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Generally I'm in favour of gender equality, but a man hitting a woman still shocks me - even in The Sims!

Yes, yes, yes! Like SimmyButter, I don't like Rick Contrary, either. My main reason is that he beat up Stella Roth. At school, where I specifically banned fighting. He got expelled after that.

One megahood ago, I was messing with the Capps, adjusting their relationships to how they seemed like they ought to be. For example, I lowered Hermia's with Tybalt, since it says in her bio that she "wondered what rock he crawled out from". Well, at the Summerdreams' wedding he beat his little sister up.

I don't like Lilith Pleasant. It's because people keep portraying her as this "special snowflake" who is constantly picked on for no good reason, while Angela is the bratty Mean Girl who doesn't have a nice bone in her body (despite being three points shy and having five nice points). Granted, Mary-Sue and Daniel completely failed at teaching Lilith her toddler skills, which was of course wrong. But she also happens to be three points mean, and the more people glorify her and demonize Angela, the less I like Lilith. Unfair, I know.

Don Lothario I like now, because he's actually become a good husband and father in my game. IIRC, he's the one who taught his son his toddler skills, or at least rolled all the wants to do so. Jean-Ralphio (I didn't say he was a perfect father ) is now approaching his teen years, which I don't think Don is too crazy about.... When he had a classmate over that he seems to like, Don didn't like to leave them alone! Aww!

I don't like Jonah Powers or Gunnar Rocque. Trashy rock musicians... ugh. For me, they're not even fun to hate, like some of the Capps.

There's also a custom sim I made, Walter Vreeland, that I posted about a while back. Somehow, he just seems to be creepy, smarmy, and smug. He's a knowledge sim who gives me the impression that he thinks he's tons better than non-really-smart people. I picture him being really obsequious, too.

Walter always reminds me of Eddie Haskell, a character on a '50s sitcom called "Leave it to Beaver". If you've never seen it, he's best friends with this boy Wally, who's the older brother of "Beaver" (IIRC it was Wally's baby talk version of "Theodore"). When he greets Wally's mother he's all "Hello Mrs. Cleaver! Gee, you look lovely today!". But when adults aren't around, he's a troll. This clip is the best example I could find. He comes in at 38 seconds in.

Those are all the sims I can think of off the top of my head.

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 4th May 2013 at 12:34 AM
I don't really hate any sims. Sure, some bore me, but I don't hate them. I just lack a sheer desire to play certain sims.

I actually do like Don Lothario, and you don't have to particularly have to play him as a womanizer. That's the beauty of it all.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 4th May 2013 at 12:52 AM
My mother gets annoyed by Mortimer Goth sometimes, but I wouldn't say she hates him.

As for me, there's not any of them I really despise; they've all grown on me with time.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 4th May 2013 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lorinsv60
Joe Carr. He starts fights on community lots in every.single.one of my hoods.

The only townie I've ever had to blatantly start fights everywhere is Erin Hamilton, the townie that works at J'Adore Bakery with OFB. And it's not even like she starts fights with just anybody, she always picks fights with unfit sims in my game.

Another pre-made I'm not fond of is Carlos Contender. He just strikes me as a creepy old guy who tries way too hard to be a lady killer when instead he should be retired and spending his free time in Three Lakes. I normally don't have this sort of loath for any other elder Romance sim. I've tried to play him numerous times and every time, I end up killing him.

with fire
Forum Resident
#20 Old 4th May 2013 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Macaroodle
I don't like Lilith Pleasant. It's because people keep portraying her as this "special snowflake" who is constantly picked on for no good reason, while Angela is the bratty Mean Girl who doesn't have a nice bone in her body (despite being three points shy and having five nice points). Granted, Mary-Sue and Daniel completely failed at teaching Lilith her toddler skills, which was of course wrong. But she also happens to be three points mean, and the more people glorify her and demonize Angela, the less I like Lilith. Unfair, I know.

Somehow I knew this would come up the minute I saw this thread, though I fully expected someone to post some sort of hate towards Angela. I don't dislike either of them personally. That said, I will say that, while everyone says she's the poor baby that was neglected and she's actually nicer than Angela, blah blah blah... Lilith kicks over my Sims' garbage cans. Angela doesn't do that. I like both of them, but when Sims kick over enough garbage cans, satellites find them and crush them. Am I mean?
#21 Old 4th May 2013 at 1:28 AM
Oh. My. God.
How could I forget? Two words:
Komei Tellerman

That guy is such a donkey! I swear every single business I own he walks right on it, and starts complaining about it to everyone while all the other customers are happy. He loves to start fights and steal newspapers and I'm like "Dude, get over it. NO ONE LIKES YOU." I can't stand that man!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 4th May 2013 at 1:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BeckyBoo8
Oh. My. God.
How could I forget? Two words:
Komei Tellerman

That guy is such a donkey! I swear every single business I own he walks right on it, and starts complaining about it to everyone while all the other customers are happy. He loves to start fights and steal newspapers and I'm like "Dude, get over it. NO ONE LIKES YOU." I can't stand that man!

I love Komei Tellerman.
He may be a jackass, but he's a funny jackass. He's never deliberately rude to anybody in my game without cause.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 4th May 2013 at 2:10 AM
That does remind me. I don't recall specific Sims, but man some of them are such a pain in the bajeebus when you are running a business. No matter what you sell, some sim with PMS is going to show up and no matter what you do it is wrong. "You do not try to sell this to me? HOW DARE YOU NEGLECT ME?!". Okay, I will try to sell it to you. "HOW DARE YOU! Can't you see that I want to be left alone to browse?". What do you want then?!

There's also the one Sim that never buys anything and distracts other costumers, despite countless hacks to try and force people to either buy or get lost. I had one that even managed to autonomously jump rope despite a no autonomous jump rope mod. They can be stubborn pixels. But it never goes into realm of hate, just the typical facepalm followed by directing your playable to tell it to get lost.
#24 Old 4th May 2013 at 3:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyButter
I love Komei Tellerman.
He may be a jackass, but he's a funny jackass. He's never deliberately rude to anybody in my game without cause.

Yes, as much as I do complain about him I can't help but laugh as soon as he walks onto any lot. I know I'm in for a treat, but I never know what to expect.
Alchemist
#25 Old 4th May 2013 at 3:02 AM
Nina Caliente, Mr. Big and Daniel Pleasant, because they were terrible parents. They're grouped together, because Nina has a child with both men. I moved Daniel's child in with Lilith and if I ever play that hood again, I'll plan an escape for the younger child, too.

I don't hate Brandi, but she was lazy and couldn't hold down a job. And she refused to teach Dustin to study when he asked for homework help.

Kennedy Cox, because he lived to start wars with other Sims. If he was on a community lot, he was sure to start antagonizing someone, leading to a fight, leading to him stopping by Sims' homes to steal their paper and knock over trashcans.
Page 1 of 9