Replies: 29 (Who?), Viewed: 6876 times.
Page 1 of 2
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2013 at 8:09 AM Last edited by darkshader15 : 22nd May 2013 at 8:27 AM.
The Sims 4 - Pre-Production trailer ??
is this the real preproduction of TS4 or not??? or kind of a joke???

HERE
(click that link and you'll find out what I'm talking about)
-Courtesy of Simswiki
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd May 2013 at 9:23 AM
we don't know what that is. but with sims 2/3 music you can bet it's definitely not an official video.
Scholar
#3 Old 22nd May 2013 at 10:44 AM
That looks like some kind of online game. Maybe a successor to The Sims Social? I highly doubt it's TS4.
Instructor
#4 Old 22nd May 2013 at 11:04 AM
At the end, if you look at the top left corner of the object editor screen, it says (Sims4_DL_pkelly_0048). Hmm... Hope not, that looks awful -and I don't mean just graphics and animation wise, those obviously aren't the final product, but it just feels wrong.
Definitely looks like an online game, but it could be the "online aspect" of Sims4 they are including.
Inventor
#5 Old 22nd May 2013 at 1:02 PM
Hopefully, this isn't the final product because the sims and their surroundings look crap.

However, visuals aside, since this is more than likely just a mock-up...

I'm actually interested in the gameplay. Gaining confidence and passion? That's new and something that I would actually enjoy in my game. I always thought it was a bit silly that we could admire, flatter, compliment, or whatever else with a sim but it didn't really do anything. It also seemed like you could hover over a sim and see your relationship and their current mood, which is interesting. And maybe the hearts disappear as time goes by? Kinda like a fury or moodlet system?

Not sure if I would be interested in that close-up camera shot of the sim in the corner. Looks like it might be some kind of first-person perspective. That's not my kind of thing, and would probably slow the game down if you ran that window and the third person perspective gameplay at the same time, so hopefully you could close it out if you wanted.

It's interesting, to say the least.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Alchemist
#6 Old 22nd May 2013 at 2:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJimmyIV
Hopefully, this isn't the final product because the sims and their surroundings look crap.

The game isn't due out until next year , so there's no way that could possibly be a final product
Theorist
#7 Old 22nd May 2013 at 4:24 PM
They were P Kelly's real "The Sims 4" mockup flash videos that he distributed to people as part of his resume/work portfolio, according to SimsVIP.

I've read they date back to 2011, and a lot can change in 3-years. Being mockups, they're also significantly rougher than what a finished product would be.

Resident wet blanket.
Instructor
#8 Old 23rd May 2013 at 2:29 PM
Right towards the end where you see a male face at the top right hand corner the Sim resembles a Sims 3 sim with custom skin.

The nightclub scene plus the confidence/flirting type interactions gives me some hope that they may be working on a more complex relationship system which would be great. Time will tell.

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Banned
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th May 2013 at 2:46 AM
I agree to QueenJimmyIV I hope this trailer wasn't the true form of the graphics of TS4, that would be a mess for the Sim series >_<
Scholar
#10 Old 24th May 2013 at 5:45 AM
I just had a horrible thought. What if the backside to having the most sophisticated interactions ever is that... the game isn't going to be animated? D:
Forum Resident
#11 Old 24th May 2013 at 6:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by christmas fear
we don't know what that is. but with sims 2/3 music you can bet it's definitely not an official video.

But remember that the original tease videos for TS3 used TS1 vacation music. As far as i remember anyways...
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 24th May 2013 at 9:03 PM
It got removed by a claim by EA.. so I guess it was official?
Forum Resident
#13 Old 24th May 2013 at 10:16 PM
Ive saved the video and am uploading it somewhere else.

I am a writer with Video Game Beta Book, a community of people who analyze betas and stuff.
This is legit. What it is, is only a UI tech demo. Its not for gameplay. It was for the developers to test and expand the sims 4 UI. So yes, what you see in that video, is the legit UI.
Scholar
#14 Old 24th May 2013 at 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by residenteviloutbreak
So yes, what you see in that video, is the legit UI.

Boo! I thought it looked really messy and unappealing.
Banned
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th May 2013 at 8:56 AM
my first impression to it, it looks like The Sims social :P
when that happens, I'll stick to TS3 forever :D
Inventor
#16 Old 26th May 2013 at 2:44 PM
It kinda reminds me of Sim Social and a phone game. It really looked like something set up so you could scroll or thumb through the options, rather than using a mouse to point and click.

Seems messy right now, though, which makes me worry about the whole thing. :S

It looks really different than the last two games, at the very least. I can't recall what it looked like for Sims 1.

I hope that I can get used to it quickly.

Art tumblr
deviantart
Field Researcher
#17 Old 26th May 2013 at 8:25 PM
I need an official trailer NOW!
Inventor
#18 Old 26th May 2013 at 10:01 PM
I'm thinking our trailer will come with the release of the Time Travel EP.

Art tumblr
deviantart
Theorist
#19 Old 26th May 2013 at 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshader15
is this the real preproduction of TS4 or not??? or kind of a joke???

HERE
(click that link and you'll find out what I'm talking about)
-Courtesy of Simswiki

That link doesn't work anymore. I get this message when I clicked on it:

Page not found

Sorry, "The Sims 4 Pre-Production (Olympus - Concept Video)" was deleted at 12:26:20 Fri May 24, 2013.

Vimeo has removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by Electronic Arts Inc. claiming that this material is infringing: The Sims 4 Pre-Production (Olympus - Concept Video).

Would have liked to have seen what you guys were talking about.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Forum Resident
#20 Old 26th May 2013 at 10:15 PM
Here is a new link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABYSgAk_HBE

Try not to share it much or it will be pulled by greedy EA.
Instructor
#21 Old 27th May 2013 at 1:41 AM
Granted, this was from two years ago so I'm sure the UI and such is going to be cleaned up and polished by the finished product. Also, bright side, it looks like they were/are planning to incorporate proper indoor venues for the base game. In the video you'll notice an artist rendering -or possible still shot of some gameplay- of a band performing in some type of club setting. That's pretty exciting if they're thinking of actually putting gameplay that was previously reserved for expansions into the base game. Doubtful that they'd go as far as to put weather in the base though, as that tends to be a big seller for them. Time will tell.
Banned
Original Poster
#22 Old 27th May 2013 at 6:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by residenteviloutbreak
Here is a new link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABYSgAk_HBE

Try not to share it much or it will be pulled by greedy EA.

(I'll have the Copy of that Vid for the backup, when EA want to pulled it out again.)

Thanks RESIDENTEVILOUTBREAK for posting that

It was been removed by EA lisfyre due to their privacy developing to that game
Mad Poster
#23 Old 27th May 2013 at 6:33 AM
Thank you for the upload.

Actually, if this is indeed going to be part of The Sims 4, parts of this video intrigue me. I DO like that face at the end, in the upper right corner. A nice mixture of what would be a custom Sims 2/Sims 3 hybrid now ... what I actually did want in Sims 4. I liked the nightclub scene at the end and the color palate in the game. I took it to be a rough draft (a really rough one), so I don't think I should be too harsh on the animation yet. At least I HOPE it's not going to be a game where people sit and banter constantly!

For some reason, the video reminds me of the Sims 1 in a way. I still don't know why.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 27th May 2013 at 8:08 PM
It's because of the fact that we don't really zoom in. That and we don't really go into many perspectives/angles, which is reminiscent of the Sims 1 playing style.

It's intriguing, and I must agree about the color palate, but I don't like the interactions menu. It reminds me of one of those online dating games that my friends play for giggles, and it probably won't grow on me if they *do* incorporate it into the game. And yes -- the animation is pretty much in the rough, from what we've seen, and they weren't complete, from the looks of it.

It's not irredeemable, but it's not something that I'd want to play. I really hope that they don't keep that interactions menu, if they have to keep anything from the mockup at all. It doesn't feel like the Sims.

TS2 Challenge Addict.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 27th May 2013 at 9:32 PM
Thanks for linking that trailer!

Well, if the sims really look somewhat like in this video, that'll be a step forward for sure. Still, all in all it reminds me too much of TS3. :S Can't really put my finger on it, though. I'd love for TS4 to have the option to play several households per NH again. I don't care about self-inserts doing some kind of a vampire-fairy-superstar career. I'd prefer complicated legacies and in-depths personalities, really.

Well, no use whining. We will see.
Page 1 of 2