Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Spring it On - Cute Springy Dresses for the Girls

by Eltanin Posted 12th Jun 2013 at 10:10 AM - Updated 11th Feb 2014 at 11:07 PM by Eltanin

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th Jun 2013 at 11:02 AM
Yeah, I totally agree with you - dresses we wore when we were kids were awesome! Tbh, in many of my childhood pics I am dressed in... dresses! What's more, only one of them was pink! Now it seems EVERYTHING made for little girtls IS pink!
But, I must say - those dresses WERE cute! The more fancy, the better!
Now, after many years I'm in love with my black dress I wore at prom! (haha, exactly 5 months ago ) She's perfectly formal I need some nice heels for her though... xD

Back on Earth... Your dresses are lovely! My little simmies are sure to wear them on weddings! (but I hope not only!)
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 12th Jun 2013 at 2:47 PM
Yes! I also loved these dresses. Except mine were mostly floral.
My mom had sewing patterns from some sewing magazine and made the dresses herself. I refused to wear anything else back then (they still made me to though :/).

So thank you, thank you, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 12th Jun 2013 at 4:54 PM
These are lovely dresses. I really like the retro feel that they have. Thank you for sharing.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 12th Jun 2013 at 5:39 PM
Lovely dresses! I can never have enough retro style clothes!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 12th Jun 2013 at 6:54 PM
The light blue version reminds me of the dresses I wore at an all-girls boarding school for four years... the only thing missing is the apron I had to wear over it, but the dress style is just like it.

*no worries its good memories, I had fun at that school.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 12th Jun 2013 at 7:15 PM
Super cute! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Jun 2013 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kurpe
Yes! I also loved these dresses. Except mine were mostly floral.
My mom had sewing patterns from some sewing magazine and made the dresses herself. I refused to wear anything else back then (they still made me to though :/).

So thank you, thank you, thank you!

Hey, my mother used to make most of my dresses too, and strangly enough they were mostly floral! Sadly she couldn't after a while and I was stuck wearing only store bought ones. I still have all the pretty ones she made me, like my one with the cherries on it :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Jun 2013 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Liv
Yeah, I totally agree with you - dresses we wore when we were kids were awesome! Tbh, in many of my childhood pics I am dressed in... dresses! What's more, only one of them was pink! Now it seems EVERYTHING made for little girtls IS pink!
But, I must say - those dresses WERE cute! The more fancy, the better!
Now, after many years I'm in love with my black dress I wore at prom! (haha, exactly 5 months ago ) She's perfectly formal I need some nice heels for her though... xD

Back on Earth... Your dresses are lovely! My little simmies are sure to wear them on weddings! (but I hope not only!)
Thank you

Haha! I know what you mean, there's so much pinkness out there for little girls today, not even just that but it's usually dark pink, or fuschia which really hurts my eyes. I miss the good old days of the pastel-any-colour dresses :P
Can't say I relate, my prom dress stunk...then again it was really simple. I'd imagine yours is waaay better :P
Glad you like them :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Jun 2013 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kittylynn74
The light blue version reminds me of the dresses I wore at an all-girls boarding school for four years... the only thing missing is the apron I had to wear over it, but the dress style is just like it.

*no worries its good memories, I had fun at that school.

Hey, an apron, now that sounds like a cool addition...maybe I'll add some
What kind of aprons did you used to wear? Half or full?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Jun 2013 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by silverbelle1220
These are lovely dresses. I really like the retro feel that they have. Thank you for sharing.

Quote: Originally posted by therasmuse
Lovely dresses! I can never have enough retro style clothes!

Quote: Originally posted by child_of_air
Super cute! Thank you!

Glad you all like them and thank YOU for giving them the light of day
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 12:08 AM
Aw these are lovely. I especially love the texture on the top. Finally, a texture that gives the kid an actual body shape other than block with appendages sticking out!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 4:24 AM
Awww, I had dresses like this too. My favorite one was white eyelet. Thanks for sharing, so very cute!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 6:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlfredAskew
Aw these are lovely. I especially love the texture on the top. Finally, a texture that gives the kid an actual body shape other than block with appendages sticking out!

Quote: Originally posted by NikonSnow
Awww, I had dresses like this too. My favorite one was white eyelet. Thanks for sharing, so very cute!

AlfredAskew: Yea, I hate it when textures look like that, I mean honestly my top textures could stand to be better too, but I try my best to make the clothing appear to have shape Glad you like them!

NikonSnow: No, no, no, thank you for enjoying them :D
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#15 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 8:36 AM
I love EVERYTHING that you make and . . . wow. Keep on making stuff like this! We need more fancy, yet plain (and versatile) children's clothing!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 5:07 PM
These are adorable! Thank you for sharing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MacApple
These are adorable! Thank you for sharing.

Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
I love EVERYTHING that you make and . . . wow. Keep on making stuff like this! We need more fancy, yet plain (and versatile) children's clothing!

MacApple: Thank you guys for the download and thanks

DigitalSympathies: Wow, I must have a pretty good track record then considering this is only my third upload
You can expect more uploads like this in the future :D

I can't believe how many people actually like my creations enough to download them, thanks so much everybody!:p
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 2:33 PM
Oh my god SO adorable!! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 2:58 PM
Cute, cute dresses. Perfect little girl dresses.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 15th Jun 2013 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eltanin
Hey, an apron, now that sounds like a cool addition...maybe I'll add some
What kind of aprons did you used to wear? Half or full?

It was a little square half apron with lace at the edges... similar to what these girls are wearing, just younger. I hope the URL works...

http://s6.photobucket.com/user/fell...rm0002.jpg.html

Im a military brat so when my dad was stationed over seas, I went to boarding school while he was away.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 15th Jun 2013 at 6:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kittylynn74
It was a little square half apron with lace at the edges... similar to what these girls are wearing, just younger. I hope the URL works...

http://s6.photobucket.com/user/fell...rm0002.jpg.html

Im a military brat so when my dad was stationed over seas, I went to boarding school while he was away.

So kind of a free time dress apron only shorter? Or was it more like a ruffled lace edge similar to this?
Pockets too I'm assuming?

Haha, can't say I relate I was never military brat, just a generic brat (heavy on the brat) :P
I always wore aprons (and still do) whenever I bake with my grandmother though...I've worn everything from ruffles and lace to "Worlds Greatest Grandma!".
Field Researcher
#22 Old 16th Jun 2013 at 10:10 PM Last edited by Kittylynn74 : 17th Jun 2013 at 7:08 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Eltanin
So kind of a free time dress apron only shorter? Or was it more like a ruffled lace edge similar to this?
Pockets too I'm assuming?

Haha, can't say I relate I was never military brat, just a generic brat (heavy on the brat) :P
I always wore aprons (and still do) whenever I bake with my grandmother though...I've worn everything from ruffles and lace to "Worlds Greatest Grandma!".

More like the ruffled lace one, except it was a little more square & had ruffly little shoulder straps... no yoke or bib, just ruffly straps that went over the shoulders and met the waistband in back, where it was tied in a big bow. Oh and yes it had little pockets just like that too.
Test Subject
#23 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 4:57 AM
Default Goodness me - LOL
Well, I immediately saw these dresses and was like:

Hellz yeah!

I download them. I go back to look at the dresses is post-download bliss and notice that your models are Sims 2 models. I look for the Sims 3 icon at the top and instead see said Sims 2. I freaked. With speed I didn't know I had, I deleted ALL the dresses

Too bad it's for sims 2. These dresses are really pretty! I remember a dress I had when I was younger, except I hated it. It was one of the ones with flowers inside the hem. Yep, I ended up falling off a bench in terror (long story >.<)

Back to the case, GREAT WORK! ;D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 9:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cydnee_salad
Well, I immediately saw these dresses and was like:

Hellz yeah!

I download them. I go back to look at the dresses is post-download bliss and notice that your models are Sims 2 models. I look for the Sims 3 icon at the top and instead see said Sims 2. I freaked. With speed I didn't know I had, I deleted ALL the dresses

Too bad it's for sims 2. These dresses are really pretty! I remember a dress I had when I was younger, except I hated it. It was one of the ones with flowers inside the hem. Yep, I ended up falling off a bench in terror (long story >.<)

Back to the case, GREAT WORK! ;D

Ahahahaha! I can't tell you how many times I've done that myself
I'd just convert it to sims 3 but meshing for sims 3 is really hard and I have no idea how to retexture for the game so...
Sorry
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 3:48 AM
Cuuuuuuuuute, thank you!
Page 1 of 2