Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 10:14 AM Last edited by LaurellKH : 6th Aug 2013 at 11:17 PM.
Default [Solved] Mod that gets rid of plumbob?
I know there is cheat to hide it I don't want to use it over and over. Would be simple if hack just got rid of it forever. I do not want the one here on MTS in comments they say does not work leaves behind a glowing. Anyone made a mod for no plumbob that works?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 10:47 AM
Both the sim one and neighbourhood ones are by Ja and can be found on her old archive folder.
http://www.mediafire.com/?whby5s8elj34c You will have to hunt.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 11:15 AM
Have you tried putting the cheat in your Userstartup.cheat?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 4:48 PM Last edited by LaurellKH : 6th Aug 2013 at 5:06 PM.
is not a userstartup type of cheat because i am trying to get rid of the interaction with the plumbob itself so as not to have that step always to work with in photo shoots and i do not want to enter game with boolprop on i am most comfortable with it off

cheat is:
To HIDE PLUMBOB:
type "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" hold down shift and click on the plumbob, a menu will appear and you simply click "hide!"

_______

thx joandsarah77 but now i am curious who was Ja or how you found? i will guess u must pick one or the other mod and not have both in game so i will pick get rid of all because i might need to photo shoot my pets also.
Theorist
#5 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 5:02 PM Last edited by DJ. : 7th Aug 2013 at 10:02 AM.
I've also heard of plumbBobToggle (or plumBobToggle on/off). Or does this cheat make the same effect (the plumbbob reappears after some time)?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
I've also heard of plumbBobToggle on/off (or plumBobToggle on/off). Or does this cheat make the same effect (the plumbbob reappears after some time)?

i will try that one also never heard before now - wonder if it works on pets too

many things to try now :D
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 5:38 PM
Yes, that's the cheat I was thinking of - you should be able to put that one in userstartup.cheat.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 8:14 PM
The cheat is simply plumbbobtoggle (yes, there's a double b). It's a toggle, so there's no "on" or "off" needed. And yes, it has to be typed in each time you load the game, if it's not in the userstartup.

Personally, I kinda like having it, unless I need to snap a picture I'd rather the plumbbob not be in, in which case I'll use the cheat. However, I do have a mod that makes the plumbbob smaller, if anyone's interested. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?p=3063895
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 10:27 PM
You haven't heard of Ja? Ja-viera is a very good creator. She mostly does now what I would call steam punk stuff which isn't my style, but it is all extremely well done.
http://ja-viera.livejournal.com/

I found because I have some of her neighbourhood plumbob mod and some of her older clothes and toddler toys. She left for awhile but is still active sometimes over on GOS.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You haven't heard of Ja? Ja-viera is a very good creator. She mostly does now what I would call steam punk stuff which isn't my style, but it is all extremely well done.
http://ja-viera.livejournal.com/

I found because I have some of her neighbourhood plumbob mod and some of her older clothes and toddler toys. She left for awhile but is still active sometimes over on GOS.

Actually, she's off her hiatus and creating again.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.