Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 4:46 AM
Default Could Someone lend me a hand about mods that didnt work?
Ok this is the deal, When i tried to download Sifi starter families, i downloaded the required mod for the families. I used 7-Zip instead of WinRAR. Now when I tried to apply the mods to my game, the only mod that was showing up was the required mod. the CED mod. When i did download the families, i put the files in sims2/downloads. Still nothing has happened. Could someone tell me if i did something wrong or how you were able to get the sims mods to work for u?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 5:03 AM
It would probably help if you'd give us a link to the download, so that we know what you're talking about.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 5:16 AM
Did you look in the occupied lots? That's what the download is- houses with the sims living in them.

Mootilda - it's Phae's Sci-Fi Starter Families http://www.modthesims.info/download...=1&goto=newpost but, yeah @ OP, it's always a good idea to link to the download you're talking about instead of people trying to guess.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 6:15 AM
How is that safe?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 6:26 AM
i havent looked in the occupied lots, i have in the spectial lots but not the occupied lots. I'll try that and thanks about the link thing. i dont post often on forms so im kind of rusty
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 6:36 AM
i have tried to look in the occupied lots but it was shaded. i couldn't look in them. i don't know what to do
Field Researcher
#7 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 9:41 AM
With CED, do you mean CEP, Colour Enable Package? Then you have to install it (double click on item) as it is a program that won't work otherwise

But I would be careful about downloading occupied lots. Two years ago I downloaded the alien version. Thought "hey, than I can have another family of aliens in Strangetown that won't be related to the already existing ones". What did my game do? Changed Polly's alien father to the ingame-PT and so Polly and the other aliens born ingame were suddenly siblings. Not sure if that's causing nh corruption, but I'd be really careful (my hood did became corrupted but mainly because I was deleting tombs and moving occupied lots (like Elliot and Polly) from one hood to another)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 2:15 PM
Occupied lots are not safe to download at all. The only safe ones are the Kat and Kim households that come with pets. Whoever built it corrupted the neighborhood where she built it when she packaged the lot with the sims in it, and if you add it to a neighborhood, it will corrupt that neighborhood, too.

So count your blessings.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#9 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Occupied lots are not safe to download at all.

That's what I thought too!

But this one is right here on MTS, updated as recently as 15th September, and by no less a person than Phaenoh!

They're not really my thing, because I'm not into supernaturals at all, but I'm fascinated to find occupied lots to download here at all.

In her post #12 in the download's thread, Phaenoh says she had to jump through hoops to be allowed to upload them, and that she's made them as safe as it can be for us all. So are these lots really safe, and, if so, how did you do it Phaenoh?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 2:51 PM
I suggest you ask that on the comments thread. And the OP should direct questions to Phaenoh there, too.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Site Helper
#11 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 5:50 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 4th Oct 2013 at 7:23 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Faira89
When i tried to download Sifi starter families, i downloaded the required mod for the families. I used 7-Zip instead of WinRAR. Now when I tried to apply the mods to my game, the only mod that was showing up was the required mod. the CED mod. When i did download the families, i put the files in sims2/downloads. Still nothing has happened. Could someone tell me if i did something wrong or how you were able to get the sims mods to work for u?
I'm still having problems understanding what you've done. There is no required mod for these families. What is the CED?

My guess is that you've tried to install the occupied lots (either as Sims2Packs or as packages) into your Downloads folder, which won't work. Each zip file contains a Sims2Pack. You need to install the Sims2Pack using either the (default) BodyShop Installer or the Clean Installer (using the default installation path). This will eventually add some package files to your LotCatalog, although it's a multi-step process.

If my guess is correct, then you need to read and follow this:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:DFFI
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Occupied lots are not safe to download at all. The only safe ones are the Kat and Kim households that come with pets. Whoever built it corrupted the neighborhood where she built it when she packaged the lot with the sims in it, and if you add it to a neighborhood, it will corrupt that neighborhood, too.
Phaenoh created these lots using the safest possible method that we knew at the time. The lots were checked thoroughly at the time and no one could find any corruption. Because of this, MTS made an exception to its rule of no occupied lots.

As far as I know, no one has done any further research on these lots. So, it's possible that examination with SimPE or the HoodChecker would find some corruption now.
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
So are these lots really safe, and, if so, how did you do it Phaenoh?
The download thread has the answer to your first question:
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
In all fairness though, I need to warn you that these families don't have a 100% chance of being safe.
If I were trying to make a safe occupied lot, here's what I would do:

1) Create a completely empty environment. This will ensure that no shipped sims will be added to your neighborhood.

2) Install all of the no-regen mods. If there are absolutely no sims in your neighborhood, you've reduced the likelihood of corruption significantly.

3) Create a completely empty neighborhood. Again, no other sims means less chance of corruption.

4) Create the lot. Check that no sims were created during the process.

5) Turn off the special events camera to reduce the amount of time until you can pause the lot. Create the sims and move them into the lot. Pause the lot immediately. Check that no additional sims were created during the process. DO NOT play the sims at all. If you absolutely must play the sims, set the clock to 3 AM, so that no walkbys, etc. will occur.

6) Package the lot.

7) Run the HoodChecker.

8) Run SimPE and try to find any references to sims who are not on the lot (memories, wants, history, etc.)

9) Test test test test test.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 7:53 AM
It would be simpler and safer to make empty lots and sims seperatly.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 8:44 AM
hey everyone, i thank u all for the help. i braught another helper and i feel worst then a fracken idiot. i had to put the required mod with the others. now i looked in the occupied lots and found the mods i downloaded. thank u all again
Site Helper
#14 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
It would be simpler and safer to make empty lots and sims seperatly.
Very true. I was trying to show just how difficult it is to create an occupied lot which is reasonably safe, and even then you can't guarantee that your occupied lot won't have references to some of the universal sims, which is why it's important to test the lot.