Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Board & Batten Siding

by iCad Posted 24th Nov 2013 at 11:57 AM - Updated 24th Nov 2013 at 3:29 PM by iCad
Theorist
THANKS POST
#2 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 1:59 PM
Thank you for fixing these and for more color choices. I always disliked the way they didn't seem to line up correctly and nothing to speak of in the way of variety.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#3 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 2:19 PM
Thank you iCad
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 2:54 PM
I love you. My Downloads folder and game would be so much poorer without you. Thank you endlessly!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 3:13 PM
I'm so glad EAxis ticked you off ...again
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 3:39 PM
Thanks for the comments, guys.

@Duine: Just for full disclosure's sake, there is still a small problem with these textures, in that in the very corners of a gable wall, the battens don't exactly line up. They're off by a few pixels. This is because of the way the game build roofs. If I were to fix it so it lined up in that spot, it would be off everywhere else. So, that's an unfixable but, IMO, bearable flaw. But otherwise, yeah, it tiles vertically now, yay!

@WakahisaDManami: I love you, too, for liking my stuff. Glad to be of service.

@CatherineTCJD: You're evil. But I love you anyway. But yeah, the whole reason why I figured out how to make stuff in the first place is because Maxis pissed me off. If things aren't actually flawed, then they're just plain fugly or they don't match or... Yeah. Maybe it's deliberate, to force us to obsessively make stuff, eventually driving us mad...
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 4:48 PM
Awesome as usual! Thanks you!

As to EAxis: If they didn't tick anyone off none of you awesome CC creators and/or modders would exist, so - in the long run - I'm actually glad they were such putzs...if *glad* is really the right word!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 6:02 PM
You're on a roll, and I'm loving it! :-) Your Credits made me laugh, too. Silly Maxis! Thanks for sharing these :-) I see lots of barn conversions in my sims' futures!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 6:10 PM
I am so impressed with your color variety. It is so hard to make so many shades and colors that do not look too similar, especially with wood. Hardly do I ever keep an entire set in my game but every one of these seem so individual and irreplacable. Thanks and applause to you.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 2:39 PM
Didn't even know I needed these till I saw your fix! Thank you! :)
Inventor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 5:18 PM
Well, I noticed these last night but decided to come back today to say a BIG THANKS to you. I just had surgery yesterday morning and had just decided to "look" at the new downloads. Couldn't sit up at the computer comfortably to spend much time online. However, I almost jumped up to cheer for these. That "almost" jump was a bit painful and prompted me to go right back to bed.

Fortunately, I left my browser open to these walls, so I got all excited again this morning. I love vertical wood. And I love building barns. And I love having so many more new colors to use when I build with these walls. And I am so thrilled to have them tile vertically - I was peeved about the lack of this on numerous occasions.

I'm hoping I can sit at the computer long enough to actually see these in game today. Good sign that I've managed to do so long enough to type this Thanks. You are just so awesome and making your stamp all over my game. I appreciate all you make, especially when you persevere through all the many ways the original items annoy you.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 4:26 PM
You spoil us with all these recolors. :) Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 29th Mar 2014 at 1:24 PM
Thanks You
THANKS POST
#14 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 6:14 AM
Thank you! Looks amazing.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 6:49 PM
If I actually had SimPE installed, I would make defaults of the fixed Maxis ones right now. Since I haven't reinstalled it (so I would actually play for a bit) at least I can use the custom fixed versions for now. :P

Thanks for these, iCad!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 7:47 PM
Thank you ! :))
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 8:53 PM
Such wonderful colors! I always love your stuff! :D Thank you for sharing!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 11:44 PM
Thank you so much for this set! I'm building Orchard House, which has quite a lot of paneling, and I needed more choices. These are great.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 2nd Jun 2020 at 2:05 AM
Just what i was looking for!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#20 Old 8th Feb 2023 at 5:47 PM
And thanks yet again!