Locked thread | Replies: 184 (Who?), Viewed: 7521 times. | Locked by: Reason: Good info in here
Page 1 of 8
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 10:51 PM
Default My Sim in the making
Okay, I been trying to create a Sim for Sims 2 for a few days now and here are the pics. Some items are custom made, Is she good enough to upload here at MTS?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 11:04 PM
To me it looks like she is a bit too close to the ordinary Maxis face template 1. Which isn't very unique.

But you'll have to get some better pictures of her face, in game, close up, big and nice and with no facial expression for me to judge

MTS has an excellent guide to good screenshots http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...reenshot_Basics

x
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 11:16 PM
I used an ordinary Maxis Sim and gave her skin by Club Kitty. Her eyebrows are also custom made,Femme Medium Brown by Anva Her hair is by Lilith-Newsea
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 11:17 PM
I can't tell as you haven't given us a close up of her face.

An uploaded sim needs to have an interesting facial sculpt. Skin, makeup etc are just extras.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 11:56 PM
These are the pics I've gotten so far. I used IrfanView to make the screenshots and have put them all into a .rar file because the site only allows 250kb bytes for JPGs.
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: rar Pics.rar (3.26 MB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Pics
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 12:15 AM
That's better, but for future pics make sure to include a shot of her face with no expressions, and her just standing still with the camera in front. Like a passport photo!

As far as I can tell you need some more sculpting to make her face interesting and unique. Stay away from anything looking like template 1. Make her special!

Edit: You can take inspiration from real life people, celebrities or even other people's sims, if that helps to get the imagination going.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 12:19 AM
Perhaps if what you're really enjoying is making the CC for her, you could upload the CC on its own? I totally get that making interesting-looking sims is hard and boring compared to making pretty makeup.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 1:29 AM
Here's her updated look. I adjusted some sculpturing on her face and applied a different skin. Hope you'll like it :D
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: rar Screencaptures.rar (2.63 MB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Screenshots from Infraview
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 1:45 AM
Could you please put the pictures up here instead of in a file?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 1:49 AM
I wish I can. The file size is too large so I put them into a .rar file because the site only allows 250kb bytes for JPGs.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 2:52 AM
You can change your photos to a jpg. You will have to put screenshots into your upload so may as well learn. I use Fraps which takes BMP's and I edit in Gimp by selecting export as a jpg. In there I can adjust the size as well. Once done you can upload photos as an attachment or upload it to a palce like photobucket and insert the img line into your post. The site now allows 800kb now. See the threads about the changes happening to the site.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 3:17 AM
I got some uploaded to photobucket so here goes:

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 5:18 AM
Good job on the screenshots. I would recommend playing around with her jawline and lips. They look very Maxis-y. Try looking at celebrity photos, a human face can come in all shapes and sizes. Find some interesting looking people and see what you can do to make your sim unique. Try every single slider in Body Shop to see what you can create with them. Remember that custom content is just a paintjob.

Good luck!
x
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 9:19 PM
New look same Sim! I also sculpture her jaw and it looks a whole lot better than what it used to look like. I applied a different makeup after I changed her lips. have a look at these pics

I used the debug mode to get my Sim into the Platinum Aspiration stage as you can clearly see what version my game is running.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 3:49 AM
I'm thinking about including the lot along with her now that I'm almost finished. Some items in the house is also custom content. Somehow when I try to open just the Sims2Pack file with just her in it the black dress isn't found but when I open the file with her and her house it's there??? Weird.
Constant Contestant
staff: moderator
#16 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 12:57 PM
To me her eyes and the top of her face just seem too large. Her face looks rather long and narrow too.

You will need to offer the house and the sim separately for upload at MTS, did you know that?

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#17 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 1:32 PM
Your screenshots are looking distorted and it is hard to judge the sim because of that. It may be how you have resized your pictures or it may be your game settings. Make sure you set square pixels to on in game settings and have another go at uploading a picture of the sims face, preferably in game. You have to figure out the uploading of the pictures if you intend to go for an upload as you need to upload the required images.

Angelique already linked it, but here it is again : MTS2:Creator_Guidelines/Screenshot_Basicswiki and these are the current sims guidelines: MTS2:Creator_Guidelines/Simswiki

Looking forward to seeing more updates.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 6:42 PM
Thanks for the link Lee. I have the video settings set at maximum in the game and I also updated my video cards and their settings are at maximum too. I did however adjusted the screen resolution so I can get a very close up capture of her face. I'm also using a camera mod too so that too can cause problems. Here's her closeup capture:

That is close as I can get it without seeing the cam move into her face lol
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 6:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen lorraine
To me her eyes and the top of her face just seem too large. Her face looks rather long and narrow too.

You will need to offer the house and the sim separately for upload at MTS, did you know that?

After I set my settings at max I went back into Body Shop and made her face wider by messing around with the sliders. Disregard the lot, I can't upload that anyway because it's owned by someone and it's not my creation XD.
Constant Contestant
#20 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 7:07 PM
The face proportion is looking much better - not so long and thin. I think her eyes are too big tho.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 7:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen lorraine
The face proportion is looking much better - not so long and thin. I think her eyes are too big tho.

I'll go back into Body Shop and adjust her eyes so they don't look too big.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 7:41 PM
Okay, I went back into Body Shop adjusted the eyes so they aren't big anymore lol then saved it, went into the game and snagged this screen shot. Tell me what you think

Larger image is on photobucket right here:

Screenshots
Constant Contestant
#23 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 8:05 PM
The eye area is still too big and 'in your face'. It would probably be easier to tell what she's actually like without makeup on. Also there is some good advice being given on this thread http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=516202 I think you could apply what's being said on that thread to your sim.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 8:47 PM
Here's her without the makeup. I removed the makeup so you can see what she really look like.

Field Researcher
DELETED POST
Original Poster
3rd Dec 2013 at 8:48 PM
This message has been deleted by Scarlet_117.
Constant Contestant
#25 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 9:10 PM
I would move her eye lid area in, cos when you reapply her makeup all i see is a huge area of eyeshadow.

Locked thread | Locked by: Reason: Good info in here
Page 1 of 8