Locked thread | Replies: 184 (Who?), Viewed: 7522 times. | Locked by: Reason: Good info in here
Page 2 of 8
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 9:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen lorraine
I would move her eye lid area in, cos when you reapply her makeup all i see is a huge area of eyeshadow.

True. i will do that when I get finished with my pizza lol
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#27 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 9:25 PM
I think she is looking lots better and looks nicer without the heavy eye makeup. I would move her eyes a few clicks closer together.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 10:50 PM
Moved her eyes a tab closer than they were and I noticed the skin wasn't matching with her face so I redid that. Look at her now and see what you think.

Constant Contestant
staff: moderator
#29 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 11:00 PM
I still don't think her face colour matches the rest of her skin. Does she still have makeup on? Have you tried her with a wider chin? And I wonder whether her forehead is a little too large as well.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 11:05 PM
The only makeup you see is the beauty mark and the blush. Her forehead might need adjusting, and I tried using a wider chin and it looked more manly than feminine lol.
Constant Contestant
#31 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 11:07 PM
Ok, was just a thought about the chin

I don't have any other ideas, sorry.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#32 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 11:12 PM
Her face is definitely a different tone from her body. I would find a different skin. Why not try a skin from MTS like http://modthesims.info/d/221480 I agree that her forehead seems a bit large.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 11:14 PM
Going to tweak her forehead and see if that work and the skin can always be redone. Thanks for the link joandsarah77, I'm going to try that skin out.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 12:42 AM
This is the improvement over the last image I posted. There's a before image and an after image to show what happened. I did tweaked her forehead as best as I can.

BEFORE:

AFTER:
Mad Poster
#35 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 3:34 AM
She's looking more and more real with every change!
I'm really not a fan of the skintones you've tried - though it is easy to appear 'washed out' when you're a blonde
I LOVE her look without all the make-up.

Keep working on her - you're doing great!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 3:38 AM
Look at this! She's improved a lot since my last post lol! Lips are less fuller and the nose is shorter instead of sticking out!

Constant Contestant
#37 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 7:53 AM
She is looking much better, Scarlet, well done.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 8:22 PM
I seen another post at a different Sims site where I had this Sim in the Creator's Hangout section at their forum telling me "I wouldn't do too much more to her, or you run the risk of ruining her. I learned a long time ago that, with sims, what you don't do is just as important as what you do." Well, I think it's time to upload this Sim after reading that.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 1:06 AM Last edited by Scarlet_117 : 7th Dec 2013 at 4:40 PM.
She has been uploaded! Project completed!!! i would like to thank everyone who helped me with this project. If it wasn't for everyone help there wouldn't be a Sim named Sarah Hawkins XD. I'll delete this thread later tonight that way some can see what I posted.

Edit:
I would like to thank Leefish for opening this thread for me as I am not finished just yet on this Sim. There is more improvements to be done.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 4:53 PM
Redesigning is the subject here. She might not look the way she used to cause I'm not going to use a premade face template I'm starting from scratch this time.
Field Researcher
DELETED POST
Original Poster
7th Dec 2013 at 8:04 PM
This message has been deleted by Scarlet_117. Reason: Spam
Constant Contestant
#41 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 8:09 PM
Scarlet, I would start without make-up or jewellery, just a plain face, then sculpt it, and then when the sculpt is looking good add the make-up and jewellery back in.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 8:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen lorraine
Scarlet, I would start without make-up or jewellery, just a plain face, then sculpt it, and then when the sculpt is looking good add the make-up and jewellery back in.

I have already done that 2 hours ago, right now the only makeup on her face in the pics is her eyelashes and the beauty mark. Her nose ring can't be removed because it's etched in her skin
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 8:21 PM
Edit: I only put her lashes and beauty mark on just to make her look better in the pics but I'm sorry to say the ring on her nose is embedded with her new skin and I don't know how to remove it I can post more pics next time with out her other makeup such as lashes and beauty mark.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#44 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 9:01 PM Last edited by leefish : 7th Dec 2013 at 9:28 PM. Reason: add another skin
hi, The sim is looking good and I think needs a little more tweaking, but I play a maxis match game and actually use the maxis skins so I guess we can say I am not a sim maker. However, some suggestions for your sim; I often find that my fave sims are not conventionally pretty but are attractive (to me at least). Sometimes it can be the cheekbones, sometimes the nose, I have one family where the family chin is definitely causing some interesting faces.

Some questions;
Are you making the sim in CAS or in bodyshop? Bodyshop is the better way to make the sim as you get lots more options on the face sculpt.
Are you basing this sim on a real life person? Or is she totally imaginary?
Do you have a set of skins from one of the skin makers? Often, skins can have some subtle shading on the face that makes the sim look a little more real - I think you are going for a more realistic look so that might be worth looking into. Enayla makes lovely skins: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=183044. KSK is also popular : http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=215889

Some suggestions:
Presentation is half the battle when you are sharing a sim. It helps if you can make sure the sim is the focus of the picture and all sims look BEST if you take the pictures inside. That way you can have a lot of control over lighting. Take a look at Angelique and Dragonflysparkles for some good presentation.

When taking pics of the sim, please give a full face pic, a profile and a 3/4. That gives the best view of the sim.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leefish

Some questions;
Are you making the sim in CAS or in bodyshop? Bodyshop is the better way to make the sim as you get lots more options on the face sculpt.
Are you basing this sim on a real life person? Or is she totally imaginary?
Do you have a set of skins from one of the skin makers?

Thanks for asking. I'm using Bodyshop to create my Sims definitely, sometimes I make screenshots in Bodyshop to show people what my Sim look like in the program. I snag screenshots to show what the Sim look like while playing the game too. My Sim isn't based on any real person she's just what comes up in my imagination. Yes I have some sets of skins from other creators, the Sim that was rejected was using a skin by HP.

Edit: Thanks for pointing them links to me I can probably use them one day.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#46 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 10:08 PM Last edited by leefish : 7th Dec 2013 at 10:19 PM.
I thought it was a custom skin; just not sure which one. I did pm you on this (and showed a pic of one of my sims so you had an idea of my personal skill set on sims) and I think - for a totally imaginary person - it is sometimes a good idea to have a back story for the sim. Like - is the sim Irish-American or Polish or British - things like that. This is an interesting link that claims to show face types http://feministphilosophers.wordpre...ross-the-world/ or this which is a face shape maker: http://www.faceresearch.org/demos/

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 10:23 PM
The old Sim was a custom Sim but she started from an ordinary EA/Axis Sim with ugly look. All I did was sculptured her to make her look better then applied some new skin, eyebrows, makeup, ect., but she still looked fugly. The one I'm making now isn't based from a EA/Axis Sim. It's based on a custom Sim I downloaded but without her original hair and other stuff then I used my imagination to get her to look the way she looks..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#48 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 10:29 PM
I don't think you are allowed to do that-use someone else's sim and tweak them. I think you have to start with a basic game template, because all sims have to start from a template to give you a face even the sim you downloaded would have done. What was wrong with the old sim? I thought she was coming along nicely.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
I don't think you are allowed to do that-use someone else's sim and tweak them. I think you have to start with a basic game template, because all sims have to start from a template to give you a face even the sim you downloaded would have done. What was wrong with the old sim? I thought she was coming along nicely.

I know we aren't allowed to do that except if "you have the user's permission" then we can. I added her face in place of the one that was rejected then I tweak it. But, if you want I can always go back to Sarah Hawkin's original look from the start then tweak her mouth and jaw so it won't be so small and fugly. It's up to the moderators, if they want me to use the one I started with I will no problems. I also thought she was coming along nicely too but she was rejected.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#50 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 11:08 PM
Scarlet, I am really sad that your sim was not approved, but it was agreed by the moderation team that she did need a bit more work and though she was coming along nicely you uploaded her a little too soon. I know it is hard to bounce about with a sunny smile after something you have worked hard on is not approved. My very first upload was rejected and I had really tried. Yea, it is sadmaking, but we need to move on.

I think that it is best to use your own sim as the base rather than someone else's. I am assuming that you do know how to "blend" face shapes/chin shapes etc in bodyshop, so making the chin a little wider will be fairly easy to do. Please also use this as an opportunity to practice your picture taking skills as we can help you on that as well. This is a link to a Screenshots guide: MTS2:Creator_Guidelines/Screenshot_Basicswiki

Locked thread | Locked by: Reason: Good info in here
Page 2 of 8