Locked thread | Replies: 184 (Who?), Viewed: 7522 times. | Locked by: Reason: Good info in here
Page 3 of 8
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#51 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 11:26 PM
I got the link bookmarked and I also agree with you. I need to finish what was started. As for that face I downloaded it can be used for something else. Sarah will have her old face back only this time with no makeup and other junk getting in the way. I will accomplish this task, might not be today, tomorrow or a month from now but I will get it done.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#52 Old 8th Dec 2013 at 1:58 AM
Here's the original Sarah with a new skin, the skin matches all of her body this time and I like this skin better than the previous skin. If you noticed, she's not wearing makeup and she has smaller head too and her head isn't bulging outwards. Let me know what needs to be improved and I'll do it.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#53 Old 8th Dec 2013 at 10:57 AM
I'm beat , I've been at it all night working on Sarah and I finally gotten her to look beautiful than ever before! There were a lot of going from Body shop to game just to get her face perfect and in sync with her body and yes she put on a lil weight also, thank you Karen for pointing that out to me in a PM. I took several screens of her and you can see her facial expressions better.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#54 Old 8th Dec 2013 at 12:53 PM
The facial sculpt looks like it need more work to me. You might wanna consider to put some makeup on.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#55 Old 8th Dec 2013 at 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonflysparkles
The facial sculpt looks like it need more work to me. You might wanna consider to put some makeup on.

Thanks for the recommendation Dragonflysparkles. I adjusted her forehead more and the lower jaw and applied some makeup, I'm using light makeup by way because dark makeup looks horrid on her.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#56 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 6:21 AM
Be careful when applying makeups, the face looks still resemble face one template to me.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#57 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 6:41 AM
Do you know of any face template replacements that over rides the defaults? If there any more sculpturing that needs done just let me know.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#58 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 6:42 AM
I cant comment on the sculpt (I will leave that to Dragonflysparkles who has a featured sim upload) but I will chime in on the pictures. If you want to take pictures with a background setting of a room rather than a plain wall, then please put the ceilings up in the pictures and use the tab key to line up the shot. Avoid using the X and Z keys as it is causing a fisheye effect. Just move the camera about with the arrow keys and mouse.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#59 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 6:49 AM
Is it better just using a plain white wall as a background? I can't use the X and Z keys I'm used to using either the WSAD, Mouse and Arrow keys. It could be the Gunmod's Camera mod causing the fisheye effect, I have to check it out, thanks for the heads up
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#60 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 6:57 AM
I would advise a plain wall, it helps to focus on the sim you see. This is a nice presentation from Alan_Gast. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=510715

See how they have the shots set up. They have a very cropped picture of the sims face as the thumbnail for the downloads and a couple of nice shots that cover the required picture (the mug shot) and a 3/4 shot and an animated face shot that shows how the sim face animates.

Use the tab key for pictures, always have the walls up, experiment with using different lighting in the game. Just moving the lights about on the ceiling can give a different fall of light on the sim; using a different color light can help also (like one with a slighter softer glow rather than a bright white.)

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#61 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 7:05 AM
That is a very nice presentation. I think I'm going to go download them walls by Datapeach at livejournal and use them in Sarah's home. Or do you want me to just use a wall with no paint, wallpaper or paneling?
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#62 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 7:20 AM
Plain paint - an unpainted wall will be a bit um . Remember, it is your sim we are downloading, so a very plain backdrop that enhances the sims looks is a good idea. Your sim has blue eyes - stand her against a plain darkish blue wall, I use these paints a lot: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=292402

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#63 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 8:01 AM
Is this alright for a darkish blue wall? I got her to go to the sink get a drink of water lol, the look on her face! I also have freewill turned off I think I need to turn it back on and by the way, I'm in windowed mode not in fullscreen cause the game likes to lag when the graphics are set on their highest settings.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#64 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 8:13 AM
Gosh that is a blue wall :P. Try and use a more slatey grey color - the wall is the focus now not the sim. Try the lancaster blue from the download I linked or one of the greys. If you are going to show the floor in the shot use a plain carpet.

Try this as a practice: see if you can recreate the presentation from Alan using your sim. Sometimes, less is more. We want to see the sim. Sarah 4 is a good angle, but she is doing a pose. Just - the sim. Get the sim to walk to the wall, face the camera - hit pause - tab key and get a nice neutral pic of the sim. Right now - we are working on picture taking, so the graphics dont need to be at highest. You can turn shadows and reflections off though - you dont need those for sims pictures.

Field Researcher
#65 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 9:01 AM
Really, since this is a feedback forum, we want to see the face, not her outfit. That part you can settle in your upload post. So zoom on her face. I don't recommend you to use W and S when in tab mode, as it will slightly distort the view (aka fisheye). Use Z and X.

Try to adjust the camera preferably like this

or like this

Make use of the Q and E well.

p/s: Uh btw mod is hotlinking a pic from this site legal?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#66 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 9:20 AM
Them are pics from the Sims 3? I wish I can run Sims 3 on my pc. Easy there, I'm using GunMod's Camera Mod 3.1 in my game so bare with me. It's not easy to control when using the Tab key cause the cam will jump out of play sometimes.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#67 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 9:25 AM
It doesnt really matter which game it is from - the camera controls did not change that much. I dont use a camera mod, but you can swap it back whenever you like - the GunMod camera mod also came with the default camera files to swap back in.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#68 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 9:26 AM
Edit: Dragonflysparkles, how did you create them "Spoiler" buttons? I need to learn how to use them when uploading my own pics is why I asked.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#69 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 9:29 AM
BB code list is here : http://www.modthesims.info/misc.php?do=bbcode#spoiler

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#70 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 9:39 AM
One of these pics have my Sim's face close. I'll make another one with more lighting.

Screenshots
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#71 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 9:43 AM
This mod might help with pic taking : http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=1552

The second picture is looking better, try tilting the camera a little using the mouse. What I would like next is 2 screenshots showing the face in full face and 3/4. Use the camera to rotate around the sim.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#72 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 10:08 AM
Two up close shots and I couldn't tell if they were like you said "3/4".
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#73 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 10:13 AM
Yes, that's it, like the third one. But I think you can do better. Face the camera in front of them sim, not on top of the sim. that's what Q and E are for.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#74 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 10:26 AM
I think I've gotten the hang of it. This is the best pic I've made so far! Drool over this one people!
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#75 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 10:43 AM
Just being comical like I am. Here's a couple of very close up screens for your viewing pleasure
Screenshots
Locked thread | Locked by: Reason: Good info in here
Page 3 of 8