Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 6:48 PM Last edited by Descanda : 11th Feb 2014 at 7:09 PM.
Default (Camp)fire stories!
Have you ever had such an awful time where you had a fire in your game?
Whether it be a murder, or just an accident, I would like to hear some of the times where you had a fire! It doesn't have to be a campfire, it could be an oven fire, anything.

Here's mine

My (extremely posh) sim family had a child, and he was to go into private school, so the headmaster was invited over. BJ Ryan came over at 5pm, and the father gave him a tour of the house, and a nice schmooze. Meanwhile, the mother was in the kitchen making Mac n' Cheese for everyone.
Silly woman - she should've made Lobster Thermidor --> I forgotten to bump up her cooking skills beforehand, and so a fire started. There wasn't a smoke alarm in the house, and none of the sims wanted to go to the phone, which was a room away, because of the "Fire!" auto interaction. Because of that, the mother died whilst trying to extinguish the flames, and the head left because time had run out, and the child didn't get a place in private school because I didn't get enough points, as the head didn't even see his food.

Желаю счастья и успехов для всех олимпийцев - I wish you happiness and success for all Olympians
Formerly "ZedzKay" - Thank you Leefish <3

I live on the forums.
Thank you to all creators for the CC that is available for me and for everyone
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 7:42 PM
Well, I had a friend that introduced me to TS2 after I showed her some of the things I had done with TS1, and this friend had thrown a party in either the Pleasants' house or the Goths' house (can't remember). She had most of Pleasantview packed in one lot for this party. Well, someone started a fire in the kitchen, and half of Pleasantview's Sims perished in the blaze. I remember laughing at her because of the Grim Reaper (t'was the first time I'd seen Grim on a PC version of The Sims), and I asked her why she didn't just call the fire department, and she said something like "I don't know, I've always just had them put it out themselves." She exited without saving.

In another example, I was one time playing an apocalyptic Veronaville, and I had a demonic Sim that had Sim BBQ room (along with a rooftop grave filled with townies, maids, postal workers, newspaper deliverers, cheerleaders and mascots from the university, Juliet Capp, the entire Summerdream family, and a few others). The secret: using move_objects on, I would drop a Sim (or two, or three), a rug, and an oven with a toaster pastry in it into a small room, and bam, Sim BBQ. Lots and lots of fires, and lots and lots of Grim Reaper). I did it mostly with female Sims because I had a male Sim in the paranormal career path with a romance aspiration that would resurrect them with the resurrect-o-nomitron and fall in love with them (had to age Juliet up to adult for that). Titania Summerdream ended up becoming a zombie.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 8:23 PM
farted into a lighter.
Link Ninja
#4 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 8:51 PM
Default Wildfire of the century
I would like to direct you to my wildfire of the century picture here .

Tree in front yard was struck by lightning, rain stopped before fire was put out by said rain. Sims were at work all this time and there was no outside fire alarm. Two people wandering by died - as you can see, Grim is calling one of them away. When the Sims did get home their dogs were starving because they had barking at the fire the whole time and refused to do anything else. The wife called the fire department, she caught on fire inside her home for some reason. It took 2 fire fighters three sim hours to put it out.
100% tree loss, 98% flower bed loss. 0% garden loss, 50% hedge loss. 2 sim fatalities is the damage cost.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#5 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 9:21 PM
I have of course told this story before, more than once, but Zedkayz is new here and didn't know any better...

Hi Thyme and his four daughters by three different mothers (Pleasure sim; slow learner) were having a nice breakfast on the morning of his oldest daughter Spring's last day of high school - she would be off to SSU that night. I noticed flames flickering through the wall and realized that the midbiscus in the front yard had been struck by lighting. I figured the rain would put it out.

The rain stopped. The midbiscus was surrounded by shrubs. By the time the car pool and school bus came, the yard was a raging inferno. I told Hi to put it out and tried to get the girls to get onto the school bus, but they wouldn't. None of them had cell phones. Stupidly I set people to putting fires out instead of sending anyone back in to call the fire department. Spring caught fire and dashed inside, setting off the alarms; but in the meantime she died blocking the door and no one could get to Grim to plead with him.

Everyone missed school. Hi missed work. Spring died. Everyone had tanking energy, hygiene, and hunger. I had to spend the rest of the day keeping anyone else from dying - and they ran out of groceries! Since Hi had no vacation, they didn't have enough money to buy groceries. I sold a bed. Which turned out to be the one Spring considered hers...She was such a nasty ghost! Hi took them all down to Lulu Lounge in the evening (because getting blind drunk seemed like a good option to him at that point) and got into a fight with a social group who would not stop chatting up and leering at his daughters. (I don't have Inteen but this guy is the neighborhood creepazoid despite that; if I did have Inteen I shudder to think). They made enemies, and Hi took a pay cut due to this guy badmouthing him to the boss.

On a more cheerful note, Sara Starchild walked away from some catfish she was cooking for the headmaster and started a fire. Fortunately Jared was leading the Headmaster on the tour and was outside at the time. Sara and the fireman put it out, Sara showered, Alta Mira - whose headmaster visit this was - found some leftover catfish in the fridge and managed to get the headmaster to eat it instead of the burned stuff, and then he discovered the hot tub, so Alta Mira got in anyway. Still, awful timing!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#6 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 10:17 PM
Yes,i have so many fire stories.In my Broke legacy,every generation had a fire accident :s
It happens too often.Maybe it's just because my sims are lazy,and they don't wanna study cooking xd
Mine Don Lothario died in fire.He was making Baked Alaska(he had a date),and he caught fire :/ And Lilith died in fire,too xD She was trying to get her baby outta the house.She left her alone outside,and ran into the kitchen,because her husband cached fire like Don.While she was trying to stop the fire,she caught that stupid thing too.And both of them died.Than adoption lady came and took their daughter
Field Researcher
#7 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 11:01 PM
One of my favorites took place in my uberhood. I was playing the Pleasant family. Mary Sue put a toaster pastry in the oven...and went to work. Daniel went too, and the twins went to school. I thought 'Hmm...Let's see how this plays out' and promptly deleted the fire alarm. So who walks in the house right away? Kaylynn...

The twins got home from school and ignored the flaming kitchen/maid. Daniel, however, ran towards his burning love and soon joined her in the afterlife. I like to think Mary Sue got revenge on her cheating husband. After the jury acquitted her of wrongdoing she became a pleasure sim and dated every sim she knew, including both Romeo Monty and his grandmother Isabella. After Patrizio died and the twins left for uni, Mary Sue asked Isabella to move in. They had a nice life, er day together before Isabella also kicked the bucket, in a non-fire-type way.

And that was the only time I've really enjoyed playing one of the PV premade families.

The only other fire I really remember was in my custom hood with my alphabetacy family. Remington the maid was married to Tristan Tinker, Wanda Tinker's plantsim son. They had adopted both Meadow Thayer and Marsha Bruenig and it must have been at Marsha's wedding when somebody in the household decided to make that Baked Alaska or whatever it is that catches fire. Anyway, whoever started it left it on the counter without finishing. I sent Remington to continue and the poor old man caught fire. I laughed at him, let him burn for a bit, and then realized 'Oh crap, there are so many guests panicking that none of my controllables can get to him to put him out.' By the time the fireman arrived it was too late. And when Grimmy showed up, none of my playables could reach him to plead for his life. Oh well!
#8 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 11:07 PM
When seasons first came out......

I had Don Lothario invite over Kaylynn Langerak, the Caliente sisters,and Cassandra Goth. I had a vision of Don trying to get all his ladies to get along well enough to all move in with him (how naive that was of me) It was also at this time that I was still listening to my music through Itunes on my comp so I would have background music. Needless to say lightening hit a tree and like most people have experienced it didn't go out before the rain stopped. Meanwhile autonomously Cassandra had started talking to Nina while Dina talked to Kaylynn. So i had Don try to put the fire out, he caught on fire and ended up dying.

To this day it puts a cheeky little grin on my face because it was ironic. The song that was playing while this was happening was "Hot like Fire" by Jessica Simpson. If you don't know the lyrics you need to look them up because the whole situation fits it to a T.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 11:34 PM Last edited by Charity : 14th Dec 2013 at 4:13 AM.
One thing I hate about lightning fires is the glitch where you call the fire department and they come and fine you for a fake callout when there's a frigging burning tree right in front of their eyes. I had to delete a tree once because nothing would stop it burning lol. It was amusing to watch someone come and deliver good date flowers right next to it without blinking an eye.

One story I know I've told too many times is the time when one of my sims decided to barbecue himself some hotdogs. As I had been diligent in putting fire alarms everywhere inside, it was as if he'd tried to find the one place he could have himself a bonfire.

The fire was probably most memorable because of the two sims that died from doing the stupid fire dance instead of extinguishing, but both were successfully pleaded for with Grimmy and because it was the first time I ever had a dog run away (he couldn't handle the combined trauma of the cats eating all his food and finding his sim on fire when he came to ask for more).

But he was retrieved by the police, so a happy ending for him too.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 11:58 PM
I read this and thought "I don't really have fires.". Then a few minutes later I have a fire in my game, so I said to myself, let's see if anything happens. Rain put it out. I guess my game is not in a mood to participate :P
Mad Poster
#11 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 12:10 AM
My favourite fire story is the time I was playing an asylum and the bathtub kept. on. breaking. So I vowed that when my chosen sim hit his LTW, I would set it on fire. So when he became Hand Of Poseidon, I grabbed my buyable fire and torched the damn thing.
Of course, everyone started freaking out and panicking and the queue option to call the fire brigade and extinguish kept dropping out the queue and I was very lucky my controllable sim survived the experience.
The bathtub didn't though.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 12:08 PM
In a previous verson of Strangetown, I had a very strange fire. Someone of my Smith family (not the premades, there are called Schmidt in the German game) wanted to cook and set the stove on fire. However, the fire wouldn't go out completely. The stove was no longer burning, but the flame remained. I sold the stove and the flame was still there, no way to get rid of it. Quit without saving.

In my current version of the game, I have a mod that prevents sims from autonomously watching fire. So if I don't direct them towards the fire, they will not care at all (which means, no accidental deaths by fire). I woke up Jennifer Fröhlich (Burb?) and sent her to put it out. She was really fighting, only wearing her underwear, and her needs dropped low, while her husband decided to get into the kitchen... to clean a counter. He was standing right next to her and didn't care about her and the fire
Mad Poster
#13 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 3:47 PM
This wasn't exactly a fire, but I was terrified it was going to be. Cooper Hawkins was fixing dinner for his daughter's birthday party, burned it, and then got stuck in a loop - taking it off, putting it back on, burning it again, taking it off, putting it back on, burning it - and I realized, if a fire did start, the smoke alarm wouldn't matter because there wasn't enough room in the kitchen for the firefighter to get at him, especially if panicking guests started blocking the doors.

So I deleted the stove with move objects, had Cooper get some leftovers out, and remodeled the entire downstairs for a safer kitchen that very night while the family slept.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#14 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 6:03 PM
The only serious fire I've ever had was back in a neighbourhood which doesn't exist anymore. My second gen were all just starting at college, and there were lots of trees in the garden of the residence they occupied. Chester Flynn had raked up all the leaves into neat piles, and then I took a look at the options he had with them - play in, dispose, compost and burn. Hmm, I thought, what happens if you burn the leaves?

What happened was they were on fire, the fire spread to other piles of leaves nearby and a tree, and then Chester himself as he did the fire dance. Luckily, his cousin Kallie responded to me cancelling her panic action and telling her to extinguish him. The tree perished, but Chester was alright. Just. I think he and Kallie had both just about graduated when I got bored of the neighbourhood and deleted it.

♫Cuz I don't have a home in this life, I have to roam. Got nowhere to lay my head, so I'll follow you instead, and set my gaze on the place I'm going to. Til then I'm homeless, but I'll roam with you...♫

My Simblr: http://natteryaktoad.tumblr.com
Mad Poster
#15 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 6:39 PM
Biggest fire ever . . . Trailer Park Challenge.
In this entry: http://sunbee19.livejournal.com/7781.html

It started during a massive birthday party on the lawn, because the trailer was too small for everyone. The phone was engulfed before I noticed the fire, and there was no alarm. But I got everyone locked out (or in the bathroom or bedroom) and nobody, amazingly, died. Did you know photo-booth pictures and date roses burn? Either the fridge is fireproof or the presence of smart milk on top of it preserved it.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 6:53 PM
My Terry family is incredibly prone to kitchen fires. They've had more than all the other families in the hood combined, to the point where I don't like them using the stove any more. At least twice a week there will be a stove fire if I do let them use it. Luckily no one has perished (yet) and there's been no damage (yet).

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Scholar
#17 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 9:31 PM
One time I decided to try having some fun with an evil witch. I created a room that was unfinished, had absolutely nothing in it, and no door or doorway. I used the witch teleport spell to get in, then used the spell to summon people in. After that I started some fires then teleported out and watched. Some of the people were killed, but a few got lucky so I started even more fires. There were still some survivors so I started more fires, unfortunately this time I was careless and my own Sim got caught up in the fire and burned to death... DOH!!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 11:45 PM
Waking up to all my sims dead because of a forgotten smoke detector.

true love is sim love.

twitter - sequoiaaaa_
tumblr - thefavoritelove
Forum Resident
#19 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 12:56 AM
My most memorable fire saw my first child-death -- and one completely accidental. The fireplace caught the Christmas tree on fire, and then the rug went up in smoke and poor Austin Socialite was trapped behind a wall of flames. I was very disturbed.

In recent memory, when I was close to finishing up a legacy I had a vampire spare-to-the-heir who had been trying to scheme her way into succeeding the throne (my heirs were a 'royal family'). I had her use her wand to cast fires in one room, teleport to another, cast fires there, etc and so on, and then made my family fight the inferno themselves. The several different fires gave me good pictures - -the house looked like it was mid-inferno -- but it didn't kill nearly as many people as I thought it would. Essentially I wanted to sow in some chaos for my readers.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 1:51 AM
I have had two memorable fires.

The first one was when I was still a newish player. I had just installed BV and sent a family away on holidays to their brand new holiday home. A tree in the front yard got hit by lightning, the rain stopped and everyone ran out and caught on fire. No one would go ring up the fire brigade and anytime I tried to get one to put it out they would catch on fire again. The dad, mum and two teens kids plus a walkby all died. At the time I didn't realize you can use moveobjects on a fire and delete it like an object.

The second one was another tree fire in my first asylum challenge so no alarm was allowed. The fire was down the far edge of the car park and to get to a phone my playable would have had to run back down the driveway, up the path and into the office. I couldn't control anyone else and everyone kept catching on fire just like the time before. My playable got some of them extinguished but Grim got to collect my simself and my friends simself. I know it's only a sim but watching your own simself burn isn't pleasant. Part of the reason I didn't have him call as the fire wasn't visible until it had been burning awhile so I wasted time looking around until the first sim did the fire dance in front of the tree. Again the rain had stopped and it was a huge fire. It was a wonder not more died.

All you need do to not get fined for tree fires is place a fire alarm outside. The fire brigade does not issue a fine if an alarm calls them out only the phone.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#21 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 2:41 AM
And then there's Hamilton Beech, firebug.

During Widespot development I was trying to keep character files down to an absolute minimum, with only essential NPCs spawning (hence no maid for the Manns, who obviously would want one; if I couldn't get an item repaired by the sims I deleted and replaced it, etc.). Hamilton Beech came close to starting two or three kitchen fires in the four days I spent on development, but I always managed to forestall it. He would stick a toaster pastry in and wander off, and Virginia, Sandy, or Daytona would take it out in the nick of time.

Come Thursday afternoon at the Beech house, with all the familes exactly where I wanted them. I was juggling Sandy's plummeting needs and congratulating myself on being able to ship the neighborhood with no burglars, cops, or firefighters, when suddenly I realized Hamilton had put a TV dinner into the oven - and was now on his way upstairs. I canceled the action and told him to go get it out, but I could tell he wouldn't make it - he had to go all the way upstairs to come done again. With no one closer than the living room, I scrambled to find the nearest person to take it out, but as Daytona was on the way to save the house from her absentminded son yet again, the oven burst into flames. I did have an alarm, so there were no casualties, but it's Hamilton's fault that Craig the Fireman exists. I made Hamilton eat the TV dinner - he wanted it so bad, when Sandy was about to make a hearty dinner as soon as she finished throwing up, he can have it!

Later, when I was actually playing Widespot in my full game, Hamilton came downstairs in the wee hours of the morning (walking right past Virginia making out with Woody Weiss in the kitchen), put some hot dogs onto the grill, and started a five-alarm fire. Virginia called the fire department and I told Hamilton to extinguish, but he kept stopping to panic and couldn't make any headway. Two firefighters showed up and squelched it. He went straight back inside - past Daytona and Sandy talking in the kitchen - to take a bubble bath. I decided he was parasomniac and had been sleep-cooking.

Somebody got the hot dogs off the grill days later and got food poisoning trying to eat them. I've now finally had him make enough cereal and sandwiches that turning on the stove isn't an automatic disaster for him, but if you ever play this neighborhood, be warned - the man is a menace!

Test Subject
#22 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 4:50 AM
In The Sims 3, I was having a costume party at my home. We danced, we played bobbing for apples, it was all fine and dandy.

To make the time more festive or whatever, I decided I would set off some firecrackers. Seems nice, right? Well, it wasn't, considering the party was inside of my house.
There was a fire in the middle of the living room and there were, like, 20 sims or something screaming and hopping from foot to foot like sims normally do when they see a fire. After a while we put it out, and I have learned my lesson
Test Subject
#23 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 10:46 AM
One time I was playing a sims 2 asylum challenge and while my playable was at his job the others set fire to the stove and all of them died in the fire (there was no fire alarm and they couldn't use the phone, it was against the rules). that's probably the shortest asylum challenge I ever played.

Fire in my game isn't common because in my custom hoods I play with free will off so they don't go do some painting while they're supposed to be cooking. Though yesterday I made Ripp Grunt purposely leave toaster pastries in the oven as revenge for General Buzz beating him up. I'm thinking of having a sim become a bit of a pyromaniac arsonist and kill loads of sims.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I have had two memorable fires.
All you need do to not get fined for tree fires is place a fire alarm outside. The fire brigade does not issue a fine if an alarm calls them out only the phone.

That's not true; I got fined one time when the game bugged out and, despite having a fire alarm, the fire department didn't come until the fire was over with. When they showed up, they fined the Sim family for a false report (stupid idiot firefighter, you're response time sucks and it's my fault?).
Field Researcher
#25 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 5:46 PM
One of my teens set an orphanage on fire one time. That was a LOAD of ... scariness. The two founders and four of the teens hustled to get all six toddlers and the three infants out of the orphanage. They were quickly dumped in a playpen (CC courtesy of Phaenoh!) while the teens and adults ran back in to fight the fire. All 8 kids were evacuated to the playground and then they were locked in by the gate. I had installed a fire alarm, but after a huge chance-card hit and a remodel where the kitchen was moved across the room and the fire alarm had been sold, unreplaced as, at the time, my batch of teens were all adequate cooks as were the founders.. ha, my bad. Well, even with nine people firefighting it took several sim hours to put out, and when they did finally put it out, the kitchen, mess hall and living quarters (plus the HUGE flat screen TV) were burned down, every sim had at least one almost-solid red motive, kids, tots and infants included, and I had about a million popups telling me that "so and so is skin and bones, feed that child Now." -_- I didn't use maxmotives, it took forever to fix and more than once I thought I was going to lose the 17 kids younger than teen.

I don't remember who it was that started a fire but I banned all kids from cooking until they had a minimum of 5 skill points. The founders with 9/10 points did all of the cooking from then on.

Take the Hard Hat Challenge. A relatively quick challenge designed to be added into almost any established hood.

Hollow Tune - Brick 'N' Mortar.

{San-Yip-See-Ah}
Page 1 of 4