Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

SimsUniversity.world with Fixes imported (updated 2014.01.10)

by ellacharmed Posted 3rd Jan 2014 at 11:56 AM - Updated 10th Jan 2014 at 5:57 PM by ellacharmed : blotchy terrain fixed

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2014 at 5:08 PM
Thank you! I am about to send a couple of Sims to university and this will help a lot! Just a question about the before and after pics - I take it that the road with the blue dots in the before isn't properly attached and we can tell it is attached in the after because now there is a crosswalk?
Thanks again for fixing EA's sloppy work!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2014 at 5:56 PM
Now I know that if I already have a game saved once the default world has been visited that this fix won't take affect unless I start a new game, but, is it possible to delete the travel data associated with a base world to get the game to load from the updated world next time a Sim visits instead?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Field Researcher
#4 Old 3rd Jan 2014 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Now I know that if I already have a game saved once the default world has been visited that this fix won't take affect unless I start a new game, but, is it possible to delete the travel data associated with a base world to get the game to load from the updated world next time a Sim visits instead?

AFAIK you can delete the SimsUniversity world data inside your save game, then when you visited the university, the game will create a new one...
Hope it makes sense

Me back after a long hiatus :)
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 12:50 AM
@fxchrfxchr, yes.

@Menaceman44, I did test on a game saved while doing a term @Uni and when I loaded this saved with the fixed Sims University.world in place, the changes were picked up in the save game. But that initial load did take longer than usual. Save games seem to work for subhoods, but it could be a fluke. Because I can't remember if the same could be said for the WA subhoods.

One caveat, I think would apply here is, if the Uni subhood is unchanged when Saved, i.e, there's no new Residential Lot/Community Lot/Households that has been added/edited/removed. As those changes won't be in the original Sims University.world to be replaced by the fixed version.

Please when you test it, feedback with your own experiences, good or bad...so we know what works and what to avoid.

@Black Zekrom, do you mean the TravelDB.package file? I don't think that is the best recommendation to delete it, but I could be wrong. To my mind that file is where your Term data is stored - like class schedule, credits, etc. Similar to data that would have been stored for WA's adventures and tombs status, and so on.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 6:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
[B

Black Zekrom[/B], do you mean the TravelDB.package file? I don't think that is the best recommendation to delete it, but I could be wrong. To my mind that file is where your Term data is stored - like class schedule, credits, etc. Similar to data that would have been stored for WA's adventures and tombs status, and so on.

No no no... I mean the SimsUniversity_(randomnumber).nhd file, not the travelDB.package file inside your save game folder... my bad

Me back after a long hiatus :)
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 2:58 PM
LOL. You know, I may have meant the <subhood>*.nhd file instead of the TravelDB.package file. I always got them confused.
Instructor
#8 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 7:48 PM
I tried this out yesterday and it ran quite well - I had only 2 routing errors in 7 sim days and hardly any lag.
One thing I noticed as I was looking at a place on the shore to send a Sim windsurfing was some odd spots like this:

As well, a couple of lots along the shore didn't blend into the terrain.
Was this the case in the original world?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 5:38 AM
Thank you so much. This was desperately needed. I don't understand much about routing, but if this fixes the issue of sims walking past their class rooms and going half way around the building before doubling back, then you should have a monument dedicated to you.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 2:04 PM Last edited by ellacharmed : 6th Jan 2014 at 3:33 AM. Reason: added rocky paint puzzling images
Ok, fix one thing and botch another day coming up!

I've been having that blotchy terrain since 1.5x patch, and could never be sure if it is my fixes or the patch on my machine. So, I think I cleared up the blotchiness along the beach and in the water (see gif). The patches are gone when zoomed out or in. But then, the asphalt got replaced by the rock terrain paint. This is gonna take a bit longer, folks...I have to do some magic manipulation.

And, @fxchrfxchr, thanks for the pic!
Screenshots
Instructor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 11:28 PM
You're welcome! And thank YOU for all the effort you have put into this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 4:45 AM
OMG, I've been waiting for this for so long; thank you so much ella!!!

By the way, all your world fixes make the game much smoother - even on my new beastly computer. {-)
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 5:39 AM
Status update:
Ugh! I can't get the rock paint issue solved. It's fine in Map view (LOD), shows the Asphalt paint, but in close-up (High detail) it reverts to rock paint. And I can't seem to find the resource that controls it, everything I've tried gives the same results.
I'm going to need to get down to brass-tacks and remove stuff and re-add stuff and re-do stuff. Fun! The weird part is the same steps I followed when I released this in the first place is now not working. Don't understand how that could be a fluke, really. So even the re-doing is going to be needing totally different methods.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 6:41 AM
I just want to say a big THANK YOU for all the work you have done in updating the worlds. I have every one you have done so far (I don't know if the others like Lucky Palms need updates so by "so far" please don't take that the wrong way!) and they make a huge difference in enjoying the game. Last night I finally put this update as well as the ones for Riverview and Isa Paradiso in my game and can't wait to play them!
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 5:56 PM
I think I figured it out. Please try the updated version...thanks, guys.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 3:51 PM
Perfect ! Thank you vey much. ; D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 9:09 PM
Three cheers for ellacharmed! Hip! Hip! HOORAY! Hip! Hip! HOORAY! Hip! Hip! HOORAY!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 10:24 PM
Hello again! I just tried your updated version of this world and the shoreline looks great! Thanks again very very much for making this world playable!
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 3:03 PM
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 1:22 AM
Thank you much for this ella! I just got University a few days ago and just now noticed some issues with the original university world, namely a few crosswalks that weren't connected properly, so I will be downloading this now. I have quite a few of your other fixes and they make the game run so much better, especially in Bridgeport, which is my favorite world. Keep up the great work!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#21 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 1:49 PM
You're my hero ella! <3
Mad Poster
#22 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 3:55 PM
I finally decided to play my Uni save again and I can confirm that my game that was saved in the Uni world DID pick up on the fixes you have made here. :D

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#23 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 6:21 PM
Hey guys, I have really not funny problem... I download this file and right now I don't have ANY university buildings! It's gone and there are only green places, my Sims are not going to study because they can't go anywhere, they don't have their school plans and it's just suc*s, I really don't want to lose my family here are photos:

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/VRk9ro0Oz7/

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/7DnYkcTz4s/

Can you help me? Maybe someone have this problem too... Please, I'm desperate
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 1st Apr 2014 at 3:34 AM
Hey ella,

Would it be possible to put up your CAW files for this, like you did for Isla Paradiso? Additionally, once I've edited the world and exported it, what do I need to do to install it apart from export it, install it, and copy it to the appropriate file location?

I'm attempting to edit Sims University, to give it more of a small college town feel. And add more bars, clubs, etc., along with other things from the other EPs.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coraline_483
... I don't have ANY university buildings! It's gone and there are only green places, my Sims are not going to study because they can't go anywhere, they don't have their school plans ...
@coraline_483,
did you solve your issue? Did you go back and use the backed up world file, and if so, is the issue gone or still there? If still there, I suspect you either have to reinstall the University EP or the base game or both, especially if you had tested again with a redownload.

"Lose my family"? Have you tested with a new Save game, both for homeworld and so, a new Uni world?

Quote: Originally posted by csg5vbe3argf
This fixed worlds, they still has maxis default npc and townie sim, and etc., right?
@csg5vbe3argf,
I answered your questions in my Journal's Guestbook.

Quote: Originally posted by StPatrick
Would it be possible to put up your CAW files for this, like you did for Isla Paradiso? Additionally, once I've edited the world and exported it, what do I need to do to install it apart from export it, install it, and copy it to the appropriate file location?
@StPatrick,
I'm waiting for some response from the Gurus, to my tweet, but I'm not optimistic they'd reply. In any case, I'm in the process of organizing my folders and would let you know either way. Well, unless you're already done with your edits.

If you're not going to use it as a default replacement (like how I have shared them), then you just need to export and install it as any other custom world, but you need to remove the UNI flag.

If you do want to use it as a default replacement, then you need to export the resources that were changed. I use the compare tool from Simlogical to identify these changed resources, and a lot of trial-and-error of
- import,
- then loading game,
- then re-extract more resources if wrong, and
- re-import and re-loading of the game.
The Routing wiki has it in broad outlines at the high level. The actual task is pretty time-consuming; both to do and for me to explain step-by-step here.
Page 1 of 2