Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dragonhill Castle

by Yogi-Tea Posted 24th Jan 2014 at 2:57 PM - Updated 10th Feb 2014 at 5:46 PM by Yogi-Tea : updated description / updated file

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 3:46 PM
Thanks Yogi for this wonderful castle
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#3 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 9:30 PM
It looks like a fairytale castle and I want to visit it, please. Beautiful!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 10:07 PM
I have all the CC but I never got around to learn how to use those damn castle wall bits and pieces XD
Thanks a lot, now I don't have to sweat blood anymore to build a realistic castle !
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 10:35 PM
I rarely see nice castles done with the castle build set, and this is very beautiful. Thank you, I shall enjoy this lot a great deal!
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 6:50 PM
Thanks to all of you for taking the time to leave a comment. I'm glad you like this build. I had fun creating it and preparing the upload.

Quote: Originally posted by Occultine
I have all the CC but I never got around to learn how to use those damn castle wall bits and pieces XD
Thanks a lot, now I don't have to sweat blood anymore to build a realistic castle !
Aww, no, it's not that difficult. Just make sure to use the moveobjects cheat and if you also hold the "Alt" tab while placing each piece you'll be able to turn it a little so that it fits perfectly. I found if rather difficult finding all the pieces in the buy (build?) menu. It's best to place one of each pieces on the floor and copy them from there instead of searching for them in the menu again and again.
Test Subject
#7 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 12:20 PM
Default Castle isn't working properly

Dear Yogi-Tea, your Castle does not work. I have all the Store Content installed but when i place the castle in the neighbourhood the Castle exterior kit does not show up. It only shows basegame replacement objects instead of the Castle kit. Could you help me please?

Yours sincerely jasiu10
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 8:06 PM
Default The Castle DOES work.Please make sure to have all Store Items installed to your game.
Quote: Originally posted by jasiu10
[...]your Castle does not work. I have all the Store Content installed but when i place the castle in the neighbourhood the Castle exterior kit does not show up. It only shows basegame replacement objects instead of the Castle kit. Could you help me please?
Heya jasiu, if some of the items were replaced with basegame content then your store content is NOT installed to your game. I took the same file of the castle I had uploaded to MTS, installed it to my game, started a new game and placed the castle - no problems, all items showed up properly. So if any items don't show up in your game it's because they're not installed properly. I can't think of any other reason. Please check your store files again and reinstall them again, if needed.
Test Subject
#9 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 9:00 PM
I have the Store items installed, i can even use them in-game but on your lot they don't show up and they are replaced with pillars.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 3:24 PM
Loved this in the competition and so glad you decided to upload it here!
Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 9:04 PM
Thank you, nanatoana. I'm glad you like the castle. The foundation challenge was fun, wasn't it?

Quote: Originally posted by jasiu10
I have the Store items installed, i can even use them in-game but on your lot they don't show up and they are replaced with pillars.
Now, that is really strange. In my game those items were replaced with basegame content too (in my game it's the "bathroom junk holder"), but only when I did not have the store items installed. All what I can think of now is that you must have some custom content installed or a mod that doesn't work well together with those items. The game can behave weird sometimes with mods and CC installed.. However, I can say for sure that neither the castle nor the store items itself should cause that problem. Is your game patched to version 1.66? If not, patch your game and try again.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 4:25 AM
Beautiful job--perfect!
Instructor
#13 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 5:13 PM
Thanks for the castle! I was wondering have you found a fix for the bathtub/shower combo item "Flowing Fixture" included in the Dragon Valley world? It's odd placement of the shower curtain makes it a hard item to place nicely.

They call me The Seeker.
I've been searching low and high.
Inventor
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimJymm
Thanks for the castle! I was wondering have you found a fix for the bathtub/shower combo item "Flowing Fixture" included in the Dragon Valley world? It's odd placement of the shower curtain makes it a hard item to place nicely.
I'm sorry but no, I don*t have a fix for that. It has been the first time that I have been using the "Flowing Fixture" for one of my builds and I didn't find it hard to place the bathtub. If a fix for this item is available somewhere, the people in the WCIF forum may know where you can get it.
Test Subject
#15 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 4:51 AM
I would just like to inform you that the objects are not showing up properly for me either so I reinstalled them and it still did not work then removed all cc and mods out except those required items and patched to 1.66 and it still won't show up correctly.
Inventor
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 11:05 AM
Default Please disable the "enable object hiding" option.
Quote: Originally posted by samantha8982
I would just like to inform you that the objects are not showing up properly for me either so I reinstalled them and it still did not work then removed all cc and mods out except those required items and patched to 1.66 and it still won't show up correctly.
Hi samantha, if some of the castle build items on lower floors don*t show up properly go to options -> graphics and untick the "enable object hiding" box. Unfortunately some EA objects don*t show up if that box is ticked.
Test Subject
#17 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yogi-Tea
Hi samantha, if some of the castle build items on lower floors don*t show up properly go to options -> graphics and untick the "enable object hiding" box. Unfortunately some EA objects don*t show up if that box is ticked.
that did not work either the items are missing as soon as it is placed in edit town mode and it's nearly all of the store content used didn't show up
Inventor
Original Poster
#18 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 7:12 PM
Default Upload will be updated asap!
Okay, I honestly have no clue what could cause EA store items not to show up as they should, if the game is patched, no mods used and all store items installed properly it should be working.... actually. So, when I re-installed the Dragonhill Castle and store items to my game I had no problems and everything showed up correctly (see post #11).

The last thing I could do was to have all those items installed to another computer, which I did this afternoon. I had to run the game with low settings but at least I was able to test it. I only had the base game and the named expansion packs and store items installed to the other computer. There was indeed something missing, however, it's not the castle exterior kit that is missing. The castle exterior (and interior) kit shows up as it should.

When building the castle I took notes of what EPs were needed for the items I used for this build. Obviously I accidently missed some of them, e.g. the wall pieces at the borders of the lot are from the University EP and the two crowns in the master bedroom (decoration pieces only) are from Generations EP.

I am deeply sorry for my mistake and I apologise for the trouble caused. I will update the description of this upload as soon as possible.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 10th Feb 2014 at 4:07 AM
Very nice!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 10th Feb 2014 at 12:49 PM
It's a good thing I don't need my lower jaw to type this bit of praise for your design because it dropped down to my lap. Beautiful! Guess who's going to be living there? Daenerys Targarien. Merci beaucoup! (Thank you very much!)
Inventor
Original Poster
#21 Old 10th Feb 2014 at 6:03 PM
Hey guys, thank you for your feedback (@McSims, your post made me laugh, thank you) - please note that I updated the file and the description. Unfortunately this was necessary because I missed to name a few things when I uploaded the file. Luckily I rarely do the same mistakes twice so ... sorry for the mess and thank you for not throwing foul eggs and tomatoes at me....
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 2:56 PM
Wonderful, thank you very much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 20th May 2014 at 2:54 PM
amazing this is soo cool i love it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 4:21 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 11:55 PM
Thank You! Your castle is very beautiful!
Page 1 of 2