Replies: 10 (Who?), Viewed: 1738 times.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 4:47 PM
Default Lipstick Help - Turn Eyes White
Both lips that I have created turns the eyes white.
I have created lips before, and I haven't had this problem before.
I was following the same tutorial as before, so I am not sure what is wrong with this.

Any help would be great. Thank you.

Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 7:15 PM
I'm looking forward to finding out the answer to this one myself! I have some pretty cool lipstick from various creators that cause the same problem. I've just been stashing them away in the "Fix Later" folder cus I know nothing about texturing the face!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Feb 2014 at 12:57 AM
Ms. Byte
#4 Old 1st Feb 2014 at 12:13 PM
Can you upload your package?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Feb 2014 at 4:22 PM Last edited by Sleepy-Genius : 4th Feb 2014 at 11:07 PM.
Okay. This is just one of them.
Ms. Byte
#6 Old 1st Feb 2014 at 7:35 PM
The package may have gotten corrupted or something - it's empty and won't open in s3pe.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 7:27 PM Last edited by Sleepy-Genius : 4th Feb 2014 at 11:06 PM.
That's weird. I used CTU for that.
I'm going to do it again, but this time using TSRW. :/

Edit 3:28pm
I redid it again in CTU, and I also did one in TSRW. Both came out with the same result.

Ms. Byte
#8 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 6:43 PM
The V1/TSRW package: The DDS images are uncompressed - they should be DXT5. This also makes them unreadable in s3pe. When I compressed and replaced the images, the lipstick works fine.

The V2/CTU package: For whatever reason the image files are even more unreadable in S3PE - they can't even be extracted. I suggest you remake the package using properly compressed files; maybe CTU can't handle uncompressed images.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 11:06 PM
Ms. Byte. I shouldn't have to tell you this, but you are awesome! Thank you so much!
Something tells me I should have compressed before packing the file, but I didn't before on the other 2 lips I have done, and they were fine.

I swapped out the V1/TSRW files in S3PE with the DXT5 compressed files, and viola, it worked, like you said.

Btw, have you looked at the taxi code? Like I said in the post, I got stuck.
Ms. Byte
#10 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 12:53 AM
Glad I could help, and thanks!

Have to look for the taxi thread - didn't find it just now.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 2:58 AM