Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dragons

by Amaryll Posted 15th Mar 2014 at 3:22 AM - Updated 15th Mar 2014 at 11:29 AM by Amaryll

52 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 42 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 3:48 AM
really cool, thanks
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#3 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 5:37 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 15th Mar 2014 at 1:49 PM.
What a cool pet! I love that they have dragon food.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 11:49 AM
WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS!!! Oh, wait. Here they are xD
Thanks so much, this is awesome Love how you've added the black armored dragon.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 1:06 PM
AWH!! so cute! I just wanna take one out of my screen :P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 5:57 PM
PERFECT. LOVED. Worked perfectly, now even adopted my
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#7 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 5:59 PM
Wonderful for my mages and supernatural sims. :D
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 6:05 PM
Omigosh, so cuuute!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 6:22 PM
I love these, thank you!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#10 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 7:16 PM
Wonderful! Live dragons at last!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 7:28 PM
What the heck?....o .o kafldafj af;afdlkj ;fajf aldfj a;sdf ajfd;af adfs afl *download*. This is just too great. You did a fantastic job.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 4:39 PM
Awesome
Mad Poster
#13 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 8:29 PM Last edited by gazania : 16th Mar 2014 at 9:16 PM.
Ah, these are so cute. I've been trying to keep my Downloads down recently, but must ... have ...

One thing. These aren't NPCs, correct? I do not believe so since the birds aren't, but because of my misadventures with custom NPCs, i just want to make sure before I finally stop trying to fight temptation and download this fantastic creation!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 3:18 PM
Thank (;
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 3:22 PM
how adorable! thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 5:53 PM
Ohh dragons! I love dragons! Thank you sooo much!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 12:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
Ah, these are so cute. I've been trying to keep my Downloads down recently, but must ... have ...

One thing. These aren't NPCs, correct? I do not believe so since the birds aren't, but because of my misadventures with custom NPCs, i just want to make sure before I finally stop trying to fight temptation and download this fantastic creation!

I don't think so, no. They're cloned from the birds, so there's no reason they should be. You ask because of Rebecca's farm animals, don't you?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 10:50 PM
Thank you!!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 1:32 AM
If cloned from birds do they also have the extremely high death rate that birds seem to have? I've been avoiding buying them for sims because of this problem.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 8:26 AM Last edited by gazania : 26th Mar 2014 at 11:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Amaryll
I don't think so, no. They're cloned from the birds, so there's no reason they should be. You ask because of Rebecca's farm animals, don't you?

Yes, as well as some other downloads. If these are cloned from birds, though, I'm about 98% sure this wouldn't create NPCs. The best way I can find out is to note the number of unknown/unusual character files via HoodChecker and SimPE in my test neighborhood, back that up, download these dragons (because really, I can't resist these!), and note if there are any new or unusual files in the test hood later. Doing that now.

EDIT .... I am not an expert in this, and I might be using inconclusive methods of finding this out. But I see no new Unknowns or other unspecified character data. So I'm going to conclude there are no new NPCs. And boy, is this thing cute in-game. I find I often play the test household where I have the dragon BECAUSE of the dragon. The pictures don't do this upload justice.

Field Researcher
#21 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 8:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sandya
If cloned from birds do they also have the extremely high death rate that birds seem to have? I've been avoiding buying them for sims because of this problem.

The bird problem was fixed by a hack. It's called "Caged Pet Fixes" and you can get it here:

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=12.0

This is from the readme file included with the download:

"1) Fixes random bird deaths due to bird’s hunger sometimes continuing to decay with game paused to levels so low even a full food dish won’t be enough."

Hope this helps!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 28th Mar 2014 at 12:51 AM
I just found an entry in the simswiki that claims the Pets bird is an NPC. If this is correct then I am afraid the same is true of this dragon.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#23 Old 2nd Apr 2014 at 7:11 PM
I have a wild animal park in one neighborhood. these wee beast would be fantastic. Thanks for all your hard work.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 4:35 AM
Thanks Nocomment for your answer to my perplexing problem. I did as you said and will now try a test bird to see if the problem is fixed.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amaryll
I just found an entry in the simswiki that claims the Pets bird is an NPC. If this is correct then I am afraid the same is true of this dragon.

I guess it's a good thing I really like this download, then.

Page 1 of 3