Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Long Hug Dress (default + custom)

by Artemida Posted 25th Mar 2014 at 3:19 PM - Updated 19th Mar 2015 at 8:19 PM by Artemida : custom recolours

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 6:07 PM
These are lovely! The maroon one and the black ones are my favorite, I really like the two tones. WCIF your models' hair? Particularly the blonde's in the lavender dress, and the plantsim's in the pink please.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 6:19 PM
Love it and still love Sims 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 7:43 PM
What a wonderfully pleasant replacement, much nicer than the tired-looking Maxis dress!

Debra (HeartDeco) & Michelle
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
WCIF your models' hair? Particularly the blonde's in the lavender dress, and the plantsim's in the pink please.

The blonde's hair is from the Sims 2 EA Store and the green hair is my recolour of Trapping’s Pert Pixie Cut 3t2 (you can find maxis match recolours by Skellington here). I'll try to upload the plantsim’s hair tomorrow (or when I find the time to take preview pictures ).

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.
Friedrich Nietzche
In the middle of Nowhere
Demon Sheep
#6 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 8:56 PM
These are super cute! I adore all your colours (especially that yellow ) but don't really like replacing Maxis things in my game. Any chance you happen to have non-default versions of your recolours?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 6:09 AM
Thank you! This is a million times better than the fugly EAxis version (which I almost never used!)!
Demon Sheep
#8 Old 28th Mar 2014 at 9:07 PM
Just saw that you added custom recolours. YAY! Thank you so much!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 31st Mar 2014 at 11:31 PM
very nice love that fashion
Field Researcher
#10 Old 1st Apr 2014 at 2:47 AM
I love these dresses! Although the defaults aren't working in my game properly I don't know if anyone else has the problem too, but it looks like the texture is stretching over the original mesh of the long dresses. So it looks like a long dress but the bottom where the custom dress cuts off is stretched skin.
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hmrnd3
I love these dresses! Although the defaults aren't working in my game properly I don't know if anyone else has the problem too, but it looks like the texture is stretching over the original mesh of the long dresses. So it looks like a long dress but the bottom where the custom dress cuts off is stretched skin.

I'm having the exact same problem in my game. I installed the original mesh from the provided link, but the dress doesn't show up properly.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 1:38 PM
It sounds like you may have another default replacement of this dress in your game.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.
Friedrich Nietzche
In the middle of Nowhere
Field Researcher
#13 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Artemida
It sounds like you may have another default replacement of this dress in your game.

I didn't think I did but, I guess it's possible. I'll have to do some hunting through my downloads folder. *Sigh* Thanks!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 5:36 AM Last edited by FemGamerPlayer : 13th Apr 2014 at 10:51 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Artemida
Perhaps she does, but I don't (I just checked by removing your default replacements from my downloads folder- and the dresses reverted back to the EAxis ones rather than different default replacement ones)...and I'm having the exact same problem! Turns out I was wrong- sort of! Long story short, I had a pregnancy-enabled version of that outfit (so, in essence, I DID have another default replacement for the dress!). All's well that ends well, I guess!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 7:33 PM
I like it so much~thx!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 4:00 AM
I needed a dress like this. It's perfect!
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 12:33 AM
These dresses are so cute. They look lovely. Thanks :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 3:14 PM
Awesome, awesome, awesome default replacement! I really loathed those Maxis dresses.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 4:38 PM
thanx
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 3:13 PM
cute
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 4:22 AM
Thank-you!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 4:06 AM
... Not sure what I did wrong. They work in replacing the 'everyday' dresses, but not the 'formal wear' ones. It was a wedding with everyone wearing those horrid dresses which sent me looking for replacements to begin with!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 10:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by willow_kidd
... Not sure what I did wrong. They work in replacing the 'everyday' dresses, but not the 'formal wear' ones. It was a wedding with everyone wearing those horrid dresses which sent me looking for replacements to begin with!

That's really odd. I am sorry, I don't know how to help.

Friedrich Nietzche
In the middle of Nowhere
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 24th May 2017 at 7:50 AM
Is there any chance to get a link to the alien skin from your pictures?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 25th May 2017 at 10:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by atanvarnie
Is there any chance to get a link to the alien skin from your pictures?

You can download it from here. (It's a default replacement.)

Friedrich Nietzche
In the middle of Nowhere
Page 1 of 2