Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More Sensible Perfume (+ No FX Version)

by DiLight Posted 13th Apr 2014 at 12:09 AM - Updated 17th Apr 2014 at 8:49 AM by DiLight

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 1:49 AM
Good idea! 125 Simoleons for one squirt of perfume is silly. Now I know why I rarely used it!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 4:37 AM
I like this idea! Does it effect other custom perfumes?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 7:23 AM Last edited by DiLight : 13th Apr 2014 at 4:43 PM.
Thanks fakepeeps7, sweetbaby160 I'm glad you like it!
Quote: Originally posted by sweetbaby160
Does it effect other custom perfumes?

I'm not really sure, but I think it doesn't.
I guess if the custom perfume has its own BCONs in the package this mod won't affect it)

UPD: I've just tested custom perfume Visions Inc by Kate (Parsimonious) and it's not affected by this mod cause it has its own BCONs. You can change the values in custom perfumes via SimPE, I'll write short tutorial if you need. But please remember: if you change anything in the package made by another creator do not upload it anywhere! Or better contact the creator
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#5 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 10:23 AM
Great idea!
Do you know if this would affect this vampire sunblock perfume? http://modthesims.info/d/162163 Having 300 spays would be much more economical.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 12:32 PM Last edited by DiLight : 13th Apr 2014 at 4:46 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Do you know if this would affect this vampire sunblock perfume? http://modthesims.info/d/162163 Having 300 spays would be much more economical.

Yep, I think it does. I'll test it later or you can do it yourself. Really simple - if once used perfume didn't vanish from inventory then it's ok

UPD: These two mods do work together!
Needs Coffee
#7 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 1:32 PM
I was thinking more of it not being a sunblock anymore and my vampire actually burning up... I will make a test vampire tomorrow, test it out and post back on how it went.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 1:51 PM
Sometimes the littlest "fixes" are the ones that really make you say "OMG! I totally need this!!"

Thanks a bunch!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 2:54 AM
I just tested it and they both work together. Don't suppose you know how to remove the silly flowers that waft off them after using it?

I see you tested it anyway, I was going to save you a job.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 3:22 AM
Don't suppose you know how to remove the silly flowers that waft off them after using it?

I plan to work on FX soon, if I find a way I'll let you know
I see you tested it anyway, I was going to save you a job.

The more testers, the better Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 10:29 AM
Thanks Now i can actually start using perfume :p
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 3:04 PM
This is perfect! :lovestruc I got tired of being able to use perfume for my sims only once. Thank you so much for this!
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#13 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 10:00 PM Last edited by Simonut : 15th Apr 2014 at 3:12 AM.
Wonderful idea ! But I never really worry about the $125 price tag for the perfume. My Rich Sims always would buy three bottle of it, and my other hard working Sims would always have one bottle.
So you made it to last a bit longer is "Great", the flowers after spraying never bother me because it went away quickly. Question Please ? Below

If the perfume can last for 8 hours longer will we still see the flowers spinning around the Sims for that long? "I hope not" I hope you can give us members a choice of NO flowers or to have flowers,
but Not around the Sims for 8 hours long. This is a "Great Mod you have here for your first upload here on MTS. Thanks for sharing
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 2:22 AM
I have over 15 generations so money is not a problem for my sims but I hate the scent leaving so soon! :'(
Now it'll make sense to set a sim preferences to "I like sims who wear perfume" (clearly, I don't know how to say this in english XD ), because sims will actually smell nice for a really long time 10000 thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 9:42 AM
joandsarah77, Simonut I've made a version of perfume without special effects.

But there's also bad news - please read the Description. Sooorryyyy!
Needs Coffee
#16 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 11:30 AM
Thank you so much for getting rid of the flowers, that was one of my major reasons for never using it. Can't believe no one ever modded that out before now. I had no idea where to find it in simPE.

Do you mean it won't last 8 hours? How long does it last? I only just got the vampire version a few days before yours came out so I'm not too sure how long it lasts. Not important to most sims, but could be a bit of a worry for a vampire outside in the daylight.

Do we still get 300 sprays with the newer version?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 11:38 AM Last edited by DiLight : 15th Apr 2014 at 11:58 AM.
Do you mean it won't last 8 hours? How long does it last?

In game files - 180 minutes, but in game itself it's only about 2 hours, not even 3 Seems like it's a kinda broken string or something?..
Do we still get 300 sprays with the newer version?

Yep, we do. I mean, the version is the same, I just deleted ReadMe file and re-uploaded
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 5:37 PM
Thanks! I hate these flowers.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 10:14 PM
Can u show me how to edit your project on SimPE? Thanks.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#20 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 1:16 PM
omg i'll try this out