Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

All-in-One Bathroom: (Self-)Cleaning and Routing Away Tweaks

by othiym28 Posted 2nd May 2014 at 2:31 PM - Updated 24th Jun 2014 at 9:42 AM by othiym28

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd May 2014 at 5:23 PM
Thank-you! I didn't notice the routing, but now that you pointed it out I will have to download this to keep from getting annoyed. lol
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd May 2014 at 7:20 PM Last edited by othiym28 : 3rd May 2014 at 6:21 AM.
You're welcome. I'll put a quick caveat in the comments. I had a single instance of routing failure while testing the No Routing Away version of the mod, but I could not re-construct the situation anywhere else; it was just one corner of one house and nowhere else.

Still, once is enough for me to say it might happen to someone else. It wasn't anything huge; my sim indicated routing failure in the thought balloon, waved his arms a bit and went about his life.

If that ever happens to anyone who DLs the No Routing version of this mod, try moving the All-in-One, even just one spot over.

If it has to be placed where you have it, you can try two things: register at SimsAsylum if you aren't already and get bluegenjutsu's "No Route Fail and No Foot Tapping Animations" (your sim will still have the routing thought balloon but that's all), or you could replace the NoRoutingAway with one of the other versions of this mod.

If routing failure becomes more than a rare isolated thing for any of you ,or if it crops up elsewhere other than an odd corner here and there, let me know about it in this thread with a screenshot or description of how the All-in-One is placed. I'd appreciate your input, and thanks for downloading this mod.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd May 2014 at 10:53 PM
Once again, an awesome mod that fixes something needed in the game. Thanks! <3
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 3rd May 2014 at 2:10 AM
I honestly thought it was just me with the routing. It drove me completely insane! Thanks again~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd May 2014 at 12:34 PM Last edited by othiym28 : 3rd May 2014 at 11:39 PM.
I've been investigating the issue with the No Routing Away version of this mod, and I've found the circumstance that leads to the occasional routing failure tantrum. It occurs when the All-in-One is placed like this:

Whichever corner is the back right corner as the All-in-One faces you. Your right, not the sim's.

I apologize to anyone who's come across this, but it's a weird issue. It doesn't happen in every single room, and it doesn't even affect the same sim after every use. The randomness made it hard to test.

My advice remains identical to what I've already suggested, though. Do one of these things:

1. Move the All-in-One out of that corner if you can. Or even just turn it.

Works fine there.

2. Register at TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum and get bluegenjutsu's No Route Fail/No Foot-Tapping mods. It removes the route fail tantrum and, obviously, the toe-tapping animation that make route failure so horribly annoying. Even if you want nothing to do with my mod here, I can't recommend bluegenjutsu's mod enough.

3. Simply use another version of this mod.

Also, if you want any other flavors of this mod, feel free to ask. There are a lot of possible variations on this; the tuning I made was what felt reasonable to me, but I know a lot of people have different simming logic.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 5th May 2014 at 4:11 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th May 2014 at 8:29 PM
I know that this might be asilly question but do you need the Island Paradise EP for this?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th May 2014 at 5:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BubblyLulu
I know that this might be asilly question but do you need the Island Paradise EP for this?

You need something that has a type of All-in-One bathroom in it for this mod to be of any use to you. Island Paradise had the original, but Into the Future also has one, and the Movie Stuff SP has an outhouse that functions as an All-in-One.

Not a silly question though, since Island Paradise had the original version of the thing. But no, you don't need that one explicitly; the code this mod alters applies to all three releases, so the mod will work with any one or any combination of them.
Test Subject
#10 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 7:59 AM
Why can't I download the All-In-One Bathroom from Mod The Sims ? Is it because I'm not from America ? Can anyone help me please ?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 8:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by UnicornLoveSim
Why can't I download the All-In-One Bathroom from Mod The Sims ? Is it because I'm not from America ? Can anyone help me please ?

Because it's an object from Sims 3 games, not a user-made creation. You'd need to purchase Island Paradise, Into the Future or the Movie Stuff pack to have an All-in-One bathroom in your game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 4:25 PM
OMG THANKS! DOES THIS WORK I HAVE GOT THE 5TH ONE! HOPEFULLY NO VIRUSES! :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 4:52 AM
Can I suggest yet another little tweak? Sometimes when my sim uses the all in one bathroom, their bladder need only gets a little satisfied. Not only does that take away from the efficiency of the item, but it's illogical too. Did the designers decide that sims using the toilet in there stopped right in the middle of pissing? Are they doing kiegles? Any chance you can make it so it completely satisfies at all time, bladder and hygene?
Theorist
THANKS POST
#14 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 5:56 PM
Excellent! Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 4:52 PM
is this still compatible with http://modthesims.info/d/526870 and is http://modthesims.info/d/526870 still working for 1.69?

By Tigger
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#16 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 2:51 PM
Thanks!This fixes the issues with the all-in ones from my games.I've got Movie Stuff,IP and ITTF installed.
Test Subject
#17 Old 11th Sep 2019 at 9:32 AM
If you ever feel like doing another mod related to the all-in-ones, an annoyance of note is that they don't count as a toilet, sink, or shower for the purposes of upgrading a venue or public-lot.