Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Oblivion Sky Tower

by Cicada Posted 1st May 2014 at 9:41 PM

11 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd May 2014 at 12:23 AM
cool! have to try this out and see how it plays. thank you very much.
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd May 2014 at 8:38 AM Last edited by BL4DE : 2nd May 2014 at 1:19 PM.
Did you attach turbines to keep the tower upright?
A light wind from any direction and the neighbors have a problem.
Most likely the time a sim needs from the livingroom towards the mailbox exceeds one simhour. Probably two.

Don't get me wrong, the flat itself looks very nice. But a flat THAT unrealistic is not my style.

Just tested.
Via the usage of a cheatlevator (didn't know you could build one like that) time is not of importance.
A few issues with the building tho.

No entrance door means nowhere where visitors can ring a door bell. The Cheatlevator will occasionally be used by paparazzi and similar unwelcome visitors and they thus end up inside the flat.
The lower platform with the solar panels is nearly unable to be fixated by the camera. The stairs toward that platform definitely is.
By the way, these solar panels are a nice view but below the building itself and thus in constant shadow they seem in a rather inefficient place.
The building has somewhat of an massive overabundance of TV sets. But in the same sentence it feels kinda empty by the lack of clutter.
You know, toilet paper besides the toilet, some flowers in occasional spots, paintings on the wall. Decorative stuff ...

Last but not least: The 64*64 lot is WAY to big for the actual building. The building itself is 27(+16 parking lot)x22. In most EA worlds it is a pain in the arse to find a place for a 40x40 lot. But to fit in a 64x64 lot is nearly impossible without stretching/bending/tearing of the map itself.

On a sidenote. You forgot to add a description for the house. The name in the bin is "Oblivion Sky Tower" but the building description when moving to the building is still "Lot description"

As mentioned above, don't get me wrong. This is by no means a bad building and I can see time and effort have been put into building this. With a few minor tweaks this building can be very good.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd May 2014 at 12:46 PM
Wow!!!!!!!!! Fantastic!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 3rd May 2014 at 1:52 PM
I'm not an Oblivion fan, nor have the right EP's, but yiou did a great job emulating the structure!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 7th May 2014 at 3:55 AM
Out of the box
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 10th May 2014 at 2:10 PM Last edited by Cyron : 10th May 2014 at 10:44 PM.
Great idea and a great movie but why oh why did you use a 64x64 lot? The house doesn't look as if it needs so much space.
EDIT: So I installed it and I must say I'm disappointed.
There are invisible walls and floors at the upper levels!
The house has a lamps overkill.
The interior is too far away from what we can see in the movie.
Uninstalled
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 13th May 2014 at 4:43 PM
This is super cool! Thanks a ton!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 16th May 2014 at 7:47 PM
Il y a des bugs au niveau de la cabine de douche, du frigo et du lave-vaisselle....
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 17th May 2014 at 4:32 AM
I'd love to know how u even the that thing up there, really wish I can do the same for my house
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 9:28 PM
thank you it's awesome
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 5:03 AM
It looks very good I downloaded it and I plan to enjoy it soon. Thanks for sharing, your ideas are excellent.