Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Modern White Ethnic Mansion

by Volvenom Posted 26th Jul 2014 at 8:44 AM - Updated 18th Apr 2015 at 3:12 PM by Volvenom

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 11:03 AM Last edited by Volvenom : 26th Jul 2014 at 11:37 AM.
I will uploading a new file. I think I misunderstood the Gardenbreeze patterns. New S3P-2 file has now been uploaded. Just wait for it to appear. I'm sorry about the inconvenience.
Theorist
#3 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 7:33 PM
What's ethnic about it?
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 11:40 PM
I'm using African, Cambodian and Caribbean parts, so different influences.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 5:41 AM
just absoulutely amazing home I highly recommend this house perfect!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 7:57 PM
Thank You so much, I'll try it :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 3:06 AM
it looks so nice
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 4:45 PM
Can you say what town/lot this was built on? Its amazing!
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dshachar001#
Can you say what town/lot this was built on? Its amazing!

It says in the description:

Quote:
The house has been built on a sloped lot in my own world Castle Island V2. If you download make sure it's the right version.

etc ...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 8:54 AM
Love it a lot! Really great house!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 12:12 AM
nicveeee
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 4:55 AM
Umm I was having a slight problem and that was when I installed the house all perfectly fin but it didn't come with the custom content and now it just looks all weird and kinda ugly without the custom content. Can someone help me?
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tiptoetime
Umm I was having a slight problem and that was when I installed the house all perfectly fin but it didn't come with the custom content and now it just looks all weird and kinda ugly without the custom content. Can someone help me?

@tiptoetime You have to download the content separately You should probably start reading here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...p:TS3_CC_Basics

If you like to use packagefiles you can convert most of the downloads if you like, just not kitchen counters and perhaps bathtubs. I must say bathtubs as package files works fine for me when I test though, but could be a problem with dogs might be. Package files you can just take in and out as you wish in case you get tired or the house and want something new and shiny You can convert the files with: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=364038

If you haven't done the package files convertion before, you should probably make sure you have some time to figure it out. If you like to use the default EA launcher for the files, you just have to download what's listed in the content list. There will still be some files for this house that's only in packagefiles, then you just go to the first CC basic link I gave you and follow the directions, don't just rush through it. Make sure you actually read it, otherwise you may run into trouble and not knowing what you're doing. I have a tendency to just rush through things, and end up having to clean up the mess, that's why I'm saying.

From what you're saying I'm just assuming this is the information level you need

Ops: I didn't remember, you would probably like to download the S3P file, but what I wrote about package files are still accurate as some of the files only comes as package files.
Test Subject
#14 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 1:48 AM
I added stairs and modified the terrain here so it can be placed anywhere.

With your permission, i'dv like to share it witth the community
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#15 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nickay420
I added stairs and modified the terrain here so it can be placed anywhere.

With your permission, i'dv like to share it witth the community

Do you have any pictures of that, and where would you like to upload it?
Test Subject
#16 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom

I'll take some screens, I'd llike to up it here; but I don't think it would be appropriate without the creators permission.
Test Subject
#17 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 1:51 AM

pics of the stairs
Screenshots
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 11:43 AM
pics of the stairs

I'm sorry to say I would not support such a way to level it, but this house doesn't support being leveled either I guess. Please do not upload it anywhere else.
Test Subject
#19 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 5:53 PM
I'm sorry to say I would not support such a way to level it, but this house doesn't support being leveled either I guess. Please do not upload it anywhere else.

well, the only other option is placing it on one of two plots. :/
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#20 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 6:42 PM
well, the only other option is placing it on one of two plots. :/

I like sloped lots. We often have those where I live and they need a house as well I'm sorry there isn't many lots for it. Have you tried keeping the streetlevel as the entrancelevel and let it drop into the ground instead?
Test Subject
#21 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 9:19 PM
I like sloped lots. We often have those where I live and they need a house as well I'm sorry there isn't many lots for it. Have you tried keeping the streetlevel as the entrancelevel and let it drop into the ground instead?

this lo is very cool! i love the seemingly indoor/outdoor pool. due to the unique nature of the levels; and the main level being +4 levels; thats not possible.

IK the stairs are ugly AF. lol but I played with the lot for a few ours to plot it down. when i did; the family i moved there had a hard time figuring out how to get in there house - they did eventually and all was happy.

I wont upload it. Its working on my town. but I've since moved to my new lot that you saw a few pics off; the furnishings are complete; kitchens bathrooms; access to levels. The basement levels haven't been complete yet; I figured i'd make a basement version and one with out it
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#22 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 5:28 PM
this lo is very cool! i love the seemingly indoor/outdoor pool. due to the unique nature of the levels; and the main level being +4 levels; thats not possible.

IK the stairs are ugly AF. lol but I played with the lot for a few ours to plot it down. when i did; the family i moved there had a hard time figuring out how to get in there house - they did eventually and all was happy.

I wont upload it. Its working on my town. but I've since moved to my new lot that you saw a few pics off; the furnishings are complete; kitchens bathrooms; access to levels. The basement levels haven't been complete yet; I figured i'd make a basement version and one with out it

It's a while since I made it. Is it really 4 floors? That must be in total, but some of them are very low so doesn't really count as full levels. Did you use the cheat "setimportedterrainoffset 1" with whatever number you like? you didn't use cfe while doing it did you? You will probably need a 60x60 or 64x64 lot to place it on.

Thanks a lot for not uploading it
Test Subject
#23 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 7:54 PM
It's a while since I made it. Is it really 4 floors? That must be in total, but some of them are very low so doesn't really count as full levels. Did you use the cheat "setimportedterrainoffset 1" with whatever number you like? you didn't use cfe while doing it did you? You will probably need a 60x60 or 64x64 lot to place it on.

Thanks a lot for not uploading it

Yes. the main level with the mail box is +4 levels. llol

And i just conneted the dots that you created it. Congradulations. No. I didn't use the cheat. I built my first house.. the game has been out for 8(?) years now - i was intimidated by build mode because of others' creations and i'd always search for a contemporary home on MTS or TRS. I like the hexagon I made. it recieved a few positive comments; mostly negative - thats ok. I like it and my sims like it
Test Subject
#24 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 9:52 PM
Default stuck
After moving terrain and levelling this guy got stuck. and refused to die! I had to kick him out of household to get him off.

lol
Screenshots
Test Subject
#25 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 8:04 PM
How did you get a window for the pool edge in the master BR? Thats so cool! when i edited the pool to drown sims, i made a gallery with chairs to watch sims drown. lol
Page 1 of 2