Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 10:40 PM
Default If I delete a mailbox, it will regenerate automatically?
Hi, everyone. (First, sorry for my bad english. Second, it's my first post. Sorry if I posted in wrong place.)
I'm having a problem. I've downloaded some apartments lots, and I saw there's one lot without mailbox and trash can! o_O
I'm living there since 4-5 days in the game. It will cause some problem? I've tried to change the zoning to residential and apartment base again, but nothing happened.
I have some recolors of mailbox (residential, not apartment) and trashcans (now they're in another desktop folder). They appeared in the game, but couldn't select them and put them on the lot.
My doubt is... mailbox and trash cans can be reloaded automatically, or I have to put in lot with CC again?
Thank you! :D
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 10:46 PM
No never delete a mail box or you will bork your lot. Type the cheat you were using in here so we can check it. That would be very odd for a lot to come without a mail box. What normally happens is if you move a sim into such a lot they will vanish and you will find yourself in build mode. Can you post a link to this lot?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 10:48 PM
Too late, the lot haven't a mailbox... I'm using a lot as nothing wrong...
No cheats too...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 10:49 PM
If you have a sim on the lot move them out, load the lot and change it to community then use a buyable mail box and bin. You also never change lot zoning with a sim on the lot.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 10:49 PM
I would not use a lot without one, since the creator clearly did not know what they were doing and may have borked other things. There are buyable mailboxes you can download to fix this issue, but you'd need to move out your family first.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 10:51 PM
Just use the move family button in neighbourhood view. The AL buyable mail box is here http://daydream.etowns.net/S2hacked.htm

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 10:53 PM
http://casasdanaty.blogspot.com.br/...-palmeiras.html (brazillian site)
In the site pic appears the mailbox, but in the game no... It's only this lot without a mailbox. :\
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 10:55 PM
All mailboxes are functional?
Can I have custom mailboxes residentials and apartments at same time, or one of they?
Unfortunately I had to take my family's lot, just thinking about it again until Furnish makes me sad. hahaha
I have some mailboxes here are the same that appear in the photo on the website above. However, I can not put them on the lot, the object becomes invisible and red, as if I could not post it there, even in residential mode.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 11:12 PM
That's not an apartment mailbox. That's a residential mailbox.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 11:19 PM
I know, it's really weird... I thought if I could put a residential mail box and change the lot for the apartment again, the box would become ... But I cannot find a mailbox that works.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 11:26 PM
The buyable mailbox I linked to works, it is probably that lot that is borked because if it was an apartment it would not show up with a residential mail box in the photo. The residential mail box turns into an apartment one when the lot is correctly turned into an apartment. Apartments are very exacting in there requirements, only one mistake in building can lead to problems. I'll download and take a look at it. You would do better downloading an apartment from here, there are lots of lovely ones here.

Currently it is downloading and taking quite some time. That alone tells me it's a rather large file.

...Okay not putting that into my game as it comes with a truckload of cc and I'm scared to get the Super Hug from unknown sources, but it does contain two forms of mail box, one called hepfem the other called hippi which is probably the problem. Before installing it if you really want that lot I would remove all mailboxes from the package. Since they are in there it does say that the creator didn't know to remove them.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 11:35 PM
Those mailboxes site you sent me are residential. Can I use it anyway? They can "flip" mailboxes for apartments?
That apartment is all I wanted in my life. lmao
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 11:36 PM
Did you see my edit? Oh also if you installed that lot with everything in that file, your game now contains those two mailboxes and you will need to remove them. I highly doubt you can have the buyable mailbox plus those two others without some kind of weird conflicts. The one I linked to I have used for years and it's well known to be safe.

Yes all mail boxes start as residential. When a lot is turned into an apartment the game changes the residential box into the apartment box.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 11:42 PM
Okay. ^_^
All mailboxes of the game disappeared. Why, God? hahaha
Tell me what to do.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 11:48 PM
Did you find the files in your game of those two mail boxes I mentioned above? If you placed all the cc from that lot into a folder you could just pull the folder. If you put it all in your download folder you will need to find and pull the files.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 11:50 PM
I'll do the tests and tell you, just a minute.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 12:07 AM
Well, I had removed all mailboxes game using Download Organizer (very good by the way!). These mailboxes contained within the batch file can be renamed to something like "s5c5a482h7a4.package" and may still be conflicting within the game.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 12:32 AM
So is your game mail box showing up?

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 1:26 AM
No... :\
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 2:59 AM
Did your mail box disappear directly after installing the cc from this lot? If so you will want to remove all the cc that came with the lot. Did you put it in a folder? If not and you often download lots full of cc you will want to start doing that. If you have no idea you will have to do a 50/50 search where you split your download folder into two and test one half then test the other half. Keep halving and testing until you isolate the problem file/s. It pays to try and keep cc organized so you can find and pull problem cc.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 3:17 AM
My CCs are organized, I'm sure that this bug came up with the lot. I've taken all replacements, recolors and stuff like that have some connection with the problem.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 3:18 AM
And on a related note, for a long time now I can't get an apartment mailbox. Tried all sorts of things, but it stays residential. I've been playing them anyway; could doing this cause problems?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#23 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 3:19 AM
Oh good, only I mentioned that before and you didn't say. If it's organized and came with the lot that shouldn't be too hard to fix. Any object can make another object disappear if it uses the same guid, so that could be the problem. You can also do a guid check in SimPE although if you have many defaults it still isn't always easy. http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...:GUID_Conflicts

grammapat that's strange. So they are working as proper apartments with rent and things? Are you sure you don't have an older buyable mailbox in your download folder? I remember a few people had this issue a few years back with some other letter box, that they could not get the apartment one to show.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 3:52 AM
Really, I tried the best I could. Even I could not find any custom mail box there. The ones I had, I took even before posting here ... The solution was to download from that site you sent me and put in the game, although it does not become a case of multiple mail. I'll try using SimPE.

There's nothing here... Go to next post.
Call me Shine :*
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 4:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GirlUser
Really, I tried the best I could. Even I could not find any custom mail box there. The ones I had, I took even before posting here ... The solution was to download from that site you sent me and put in the game, although it does not become a case of multiple mail. I'll try using SimPE.

~~~~~~ SimPE showed nothing unsual. Anyway, if someone finds the solution, tell me anytime. :P

There's nothing here... Go to next post.
Call me Shine :*
Page 1 of 2