Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 8:27 AM
Quote:
No never delete a mail box or you will bork your lot

Is this true?
Also is there any reason or glitch that would make a mail box disappear? I noticed in a household ages ago that the mail box had just disappeared. I don't use moveobjects much (apart from unsticking sims to whatever they somehow get stuck to) so I know I didn't accidentally delete it myself.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#27 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 12:05 PM
Yes, it's true.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 11:03 PM
Deleting the portals is a VBT as well. Remember the very serious Nightlife bug where random objects would get deleted if a Sim started juggling? It was fixed in the Nightlife patch, but while that bug was around, lots could be borked when the game decided to chuck the car portal and all of a sudden the carpool never shows up.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 2:44 AM
Just to know there is mailbox here: http://daydream.etowns.net/ if you click around and find mods on that site. And this I think is the Apartment mailbox but I never use so not sure: http://modthesims.info/d/413573
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#30 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 3:01 AM
Just get the buyable mailbox by sophiedavid, then you can replace the missing one with the actual game one. That one from daydreams is a clone and is a hack that may not even be compatible with all EPs
Mad Poster
#31 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
grammapat that's strange. So they are working as proper apartments with rent and things? Are you sure you don't have an older buyable mailbox in your download folder? I remember a few people had this issue a few years back with some other letter box, that they could not get the apartment one to show.

I removed everything even vaguely related to mailboxes (including deleting a string of numbers, not in a download mentioned in some post); also took out every hack related to apartments. Made two test apartments on different lots, starting as residential, simple build, "changelotzoning apartmentbase" - didn't change mailbox. Left and reentered lot - still just residential box. It seems to PLAY OK - so maybe it's not affecting anything.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 5:54 PM
no... i will not regenerate... and if you deleted the mailbox.. it could bork your lot/neighborhood or even your game... ?..(i don't know if it cause anything harmless..?)
but.. you can fix.. by download the maillbox.. just search "buyable mailbox".. and that's it...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#33 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Just get the buyable mailbox by sophiedavid, then you can replace the missing one with the actual game one. That one from daydreams is a clone and is a hack that may not even be compatible with all EPs

I've been using the AL version from daydreams for years. I have all EP's and Sp's, although I've only ever used it on residential lots and it works perfectly fine. I didn't even know of the sophiedavid one, I'll have to check that out.

Maybe try taking out all your cc grammapat, otherwise that stumps me. I have on occasion seen the Maxis apartment box flash back to a residential for a second on use. I think the one on the mobile homes is a bit buggy, but otherwise they always change for me.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#34 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Maybe try taking out all your cc grammapat, otherwise that stumps me. I have on occasion seen the Maxis apartment box flash back to a residential for a second on use. I think the one on the mobile homes is a bit buggy, but otherwise they always change for me.

Mobile homes? Do you mean just putting each "apartment" on a foundation (so it sort of looks like a trailer)? I've never heard about that being a special problem - more info?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#35 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 3:03 AM
That's one of the 'apartments' that came with the AL, I thought it was called mobile home park or something. It has 4 or 5 small mobile type homes. When I play that and someone tries to pay rent sometimes the sim jumps away from the box and it flashes residential before going back to apartment. Small homes up on decking should not make a difference.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#36 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 6:57 AM
I was going to post a question about the mail and trash. Since it's the same topic, I hope it's okay to mention here. I used a community lot house, never used or entered by sims. I changed it to residential, placed the buyable mailbox but can't find the trash can. Since this is UC and the download for collection didn't work at all, I got the one for AL. Any way to get the trash can, or if some one could tell me what area to search for it. I looked in all areas, but it's possible I missed something. Thanks

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#37 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 7:06 AM
The bin (trash can) should show up close to it. If you can't see it in your buy cataloge at all, it could be something is hiding it. I had my buyable mail box vanish after downloading a house for my medieval hood (came with lots of cc) I run a GUID check in SimPE as one of the items was overwriting the buyable mailbox due to having the same GUID number. Normally that works well, but since I have a ton load of defaults which also show up as items sharing a GUID number I decided just to pull the lot's cc folder.

~Call me Jo~
Page 2 of 2