Locked thread | Replies: 891 (Who?), Viewed: 265091 times. | Locked by: CmarNYC Reason: Tool now in Downloads - comments should go there.
Page 22 of 36
Mad Poster
#526 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 9:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
Thanks, Esmeralda. Its a somewhat complex conversion and depending on the speed of the computer and number of vertices can be slow. I'll look at whether I can get the progress bar to advance more realistically.

Thank you! It always takes a long time for me because I only use autoconvert to assign full body outfits (for my various robots and skeletons, who don't use morphs), so there are a lot of vertices involved and my PC is not top spec. Once I realised it was just taking a long time and not freezing, I'd just go off and do something else for a few minutes while it did its work.

@derreckddd : MTS has a 'No requests allowed' policy but there is a thread here called 'TS4 Creators Who Take Requests' in which creators who are willing to take requests make posts to let people know they're open to same (the way the thread works is that you do not make a post asking someone to make something for you, but instead you PM one of the creators in the thread who looks like they make the type of thing you're looking for): http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=533538 . Also, the Sims 4 Studio site has a request forum you can try: http://sims4studio.com/board/13/mod...quests-projects
Test Subject
#527 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 7:48 PM
First of all want to say Cmar, BIG thank you very much for new Cas Tool! I am very very happy! And one more question: if I want to do clone of hair - need I make click on Set TGI high bits, because I did not understand as well....
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#528 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 9:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elitta
First of all want to say Cmar, BIG thank you very much for new Cas Tool! I am very very happy! And one more question: if I want to do clone of hair - need I make click on Set TGI high bits, because I did not understand as well....

Back when Sims 4 was released EA told us to set the high bits in CC so it would work correctly. Right now there's a bug in the game caused by the latest patch, which makes CC with high bits set not work right in CAS - it shows up in ALL clothing categories. EA has said they're going to fix it in a patch but we don't know when. If you leave high bits unchecked you'll make hair that will work correctly now but may have problems later on. If you make it with high bits checked it won't work right for now. It's really up to you.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#529 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 8:40 PM
Quote:
Back when Sims 4 was released us to set the high bits in CC so it would work correctly. Right now there's a bug in the game caused by the latest patch, which makes CC with high bits set not work right in CAS - it shows up in ALL clothing categories. EA has said they're going to fix it in a patch but we don't know when. If you leave high bits unchecked you'll make hair that will work correctly now but may have problems later on. If you make it with high bits checked it won't work right for now. It's really up to you.

Aww thanks Cmar! I will try both to check in game. I also want to ask.
One man wrote me that after updates my old hair Caramella does not show in gamre. But i have same updated game from Origin and it is in my game as ok..
Today i cloned hair in new Cas tool and put old s4 meshes without changing comments and he said that it is not in game again..
Is it problem of videocards or after update oranything else.
I did not select this function in new project...
Another man wrote that can not see skin after updates but i see it as ok. Skin was made in old cas tool before updates.
Ohh my game is now updating. New update coming today.. Now will check hair and skin in it..
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#530 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 8:54 PM
Quote:
Back when Sims 4 was released EA told us to set the high bits in CC so it would work correctly. Right now there's a bug in the game caused by the latest patch, which makes CC with high bits set not work right in CAS - it shows up in ALL clothing categories. EA has said they're going to fix it in a patch but we don't know when. If you leave high bits unchecked you'll make hair that will work correctly now but may have problems later on. If you make it with high bits checked it won't work right for now. It's really up to you.

In today's patch notes it says
Quote:
We fixed a few unintended issues on our side that caused problems with certain types of CAS Custom Content.

Source

Maybe that means they've taken care of the issue now? I haven't checked, just wanted to relay that infobit. =) @CmarNYC

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#531 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 1:23 PM
Hey Cmar!

I was wondering if you could clarify an issue I`m having. I frankenmeshed a top and a bottom into a whole body mesh. OFC, once I did it, the bump map got "broken" (IE the whole body mesh got that weird shine, meaning it wasn`t pointing to the bumpmap that was cloned with the package) so I simply deleted it and everything is working fine. However, since the outfit I`m painting has a lot of folds and I really could use a bump map, I was wondering what exactly do I need to edit in s4pe to "link" the bumpmap back to GEOMs. If you could point me in the right direction, I`d really appreciate it
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#532 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 5:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticbox
In today's patch notes it says

Maybe that means they've taken care of the issue now? I haven't checked, just wanted to relay that infobit. =) @CmarNYC

This seems to have fixed the issue of CC clothes showing up in all categories (the high bits thing), but they still show up for aliens and there's still problems with default eyes making only 5 eye colors appear. I'm going to make a quickie standalone tool to fix those.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#533 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 5:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timor
Hey Cmar!

I was wondering if you could clarify an issue I`m having. I frankenmeshed a top and a bottom into a whole body mesh. OFC, once I did it, the bump map got "broken" (IE the whole body mesh got that weird shine, meaning it wasn`t pointing to the bumpmap that was cloned with the package) so I simply deleted it and everything is working fine. However, since the outfit I`m painting has a lot of folds and I really could use a bump map, I was wondering what exactly do I need to edit in s4pe to "link" the bumpmap back to GEOMs. If you could point me in the right direction, I`d really appreciate it

You'd have to select the mesh, open the Grid, and expand ChunkEntries, [0]ChunkEntries, RCOLBlock, Mtnf, so you see the entry for SData as in the picture:

Click on the button circled above and a new window will open with a listing. Click on the ones labelled ElementImageMapKey until you see NormalMap on the right side. Make a note of the circled number. Click Okay to close the window.

Now expand the TGIBlocks and find the one with the same index as the number you noted down above. Change the TGI entry to match the TGI of your bumpmap.

In practice it will usually be the third TGI entry.

Repeat for every mesh in your package, and the bumpmapping should be correct.
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#534 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 12:20 AM Last edited by Timor : 16th Apr 2015 at 12:42 AM.
Aw, you even included pictures! Thank you!

EDIT - works like a charm!
Test Subject
#535 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Eclipse
OMG! The ms3d tools work so well! We can make perfectly assigned facial piercings now! <3
And assigning bones to hair is way easier now too!

you could show us how you did it?
Forum Resident
#536 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 5:56 PM Last edited by missgothika : 23rd Apr 2015 at 9:01 PM.
Hi! I'm having an error when trying to frankenmesh a nude top with a dress.. i'm assuming it's because they are from different lods? what can i do? I need that the top part of my dress doesn't have that middle part between the breasts used to show the inside of the shirt so i can make the cleavage different than the average cuts. I have not seen any full body outfit that doesn't have this middle part.

edit: i've succesfully done the combination and all looks well.. except that i can't test it in game since it doesn't even appear on the catalogue.
i opened the file in s4s and noticed the "human / alien" category wasn't checked. i checked the human box and in game, it appears a blank thumb with a cross and when you click, nothing happens.

edit2: i'm still unable to make this cloned item appear in game. i've cloned the same item with s4s and it shows up. in the warehouse i imported the geoms i needed.. but now (even though i snapped each side of the vertices to the new part) there's a thin empty line where it was previously cut. when i go into milkshape to weld each vertice instead of snaping, and then unweld it to save, in game the line dissappears but triangle shapes cut appear on the sides. (not ray data)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#537 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 1:59 AM
@CmarNYC -- Maxis just announced changes to come with the next patch (no ETA as usual) that I thought you'd want to know about:

Quote:
OK here's the deal!

In the current build (1.5.149) it is indeed working as you have described.

In the NEXT patch, the determination of availability of a CAS part for occults has changed, as follows:

We have bumped the CASP (0x034AEECB) resource to version 31.
Any CASP resources with less than version 31 will automatically be available for all occult types (i.e. Humans and Aliens), regardless of tags. Also the high bit will no longer have any impact on availability.
Occult tags will now only be used to determine if the part should appear for that occult type when randomizing.
There is a new bitfield in the CASP resource that allows you to disable the part for specific occults.

A new BT file will be provided when the patch is released. As always I cannot comment as to when this patch will arrive. Sorry for the churn, the addition of occults required some big changes.

-SGMS

Source

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#538 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 7:14 AM
@missgothica: I need more info - what was the error you got when frankenmeshing? What item are you cloning? Were you using the latest version of CAS Tools to make your clone? If not, that's why the clone wasn't marked as human or alien. I need a more detailed explanation of what you did, with pictures of the problems, and I probably need to look at your uploaded package.

@plasticbox: Thanks for the heads-up! I do wish they'd stop changing the CASP but it is what it is.

Test Subject
#539 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 5:02 AM
Default Crashes at startup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce333
I am having trouble getting this program to work. When i first installed it. I could ran it from an admin account, set the creator name, and set the game path. Then it stopped working and closed itself. Have reloaded it, deleted it again and again and restarted my computer. Now it does nothing when I try to start it. Are going to try re-installing my Sims 4 to see if that will help. Even tried the 0.7.0.0. version. Any one have any ideas why it is acting like this. Are I missing something to make it work??????. Is there a file somewhere I need to delete????? Thanks. First time I have tried to install this program.

I have the same problem. How did you fix this? Thank you
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#540 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 3:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiasharon
I'm pretty new to meshing in the Sims 4, so when I used this tool to convert a hair, well, this is how it showed up in CAS (see attachment). Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I used this tutorial here. I've tried many different ways to do it and it keeps showing up like that. I'm using Blender, Mikshape and this tool. Any help is appreciated.

From the pic, it looks to me like problems with texturing and meshing. If you upload the package I'll take a look, but I'm far from an expert in hair and you'll probably get better advice if you ask in the CAS Parts forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petula
I have the same problem. How did you fix this? Thank you

Are you getting an error message? Did it work before and not now? Did you extract all the files into a new folder and double-click the .exe file? Did you check that you have .NET 4.0 installed?

Test Subject
#541 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 5:17 AM
Quote:
Are you getting an error message? Did it work before and not now? Did you extract all the files into a new folder and double-click the .exe file? Did you check that you have .NET 4.0 installed?

Ah Thanks, I guess unzipping was the problem. I've extracted to MTS_CmarNYC_1519999_S4CASTools_0_9_0_0, now I created a new folder and extracted in the new folder. Got it working now. Thank you very much and thanks for the programm
Forum Resident
#542 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 7:09 PM
Quote:
@missgothica: I need more info - what was the error you got when frankenmeshing? What item are you cloning? Were you using the latest version of CAS Tools to make your clone? If not, that's why the clone wasn't marked as human or alien. I need a more detailed explanation of what you did, with pictures of the problems, and I probably need to look at your uploaded package.

I got around fixing the problem about the frankenmeshing by redoing the item several times. so i-m pretty sure i was doing something wrong. I get it sometimes when i try to fix the uv map texture my moving the vertices.. even if it's one little pixel down. that always stops the convertion from working. so that is that.

As far as the cloning goes.. i tried it again to send you the package and now it works . i swear i tried it 3 times the last time.. i'm clueless. sorry! everything is ok!
Test Subject
#543 Old 5th May 2015 at 7:44 AM
hello dear, after the update yesterday, the cas mesh tool doesn,t work... can,t read the files..............
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#544 Old 5th May 2015 at 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by esmeralda72
hello dear, after the update yesterday, the cas mesh tool doesn,t work... can,t read the files..............

Yes, EA has again changed the CASP format. I'm on it.

Test Subject
#545 Old 6th May 2015 at 3:55 PM Last edited by Elitta : 6th May 2015 at 6:46 PM.
Quote:
Yes, EA has again changed the CASP format. I'm on it.

Big Thanks you Cmar for quick update, because I was frightened how I will do hair today...
Thank you So much!!
Test Subject
DELETED POST
6th May 2015 at 6:46 PM
This message has been deleted by Elitta. Reason: fixed problem
Test Subject
#546 Old 11th May 2015 at 4:11 PM
Default Help needed
Hello Guys!, i have a little problem, i'm trying to learn how to meshing for sims 4 , i'm learning to use blender too, is hard work but it worth it !! the problem is, i'm lookin the S4 cas tools for blender , and i dont know if this is the correct tool or this one works alone .
in the tutorials i've seen on internet they have a menu on blender : S4 cas tools . If this is the one tool , can someone tell me how to install it on blender please ? Thanks !!!
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#547 Old 11th May 2015 at 5:38 PM
CAS Tools is meant to work primarily with Milkshape. If you prefer Blender you can export and import OBJ format.

Test Subject
DELETED POST
22nd May 2015 at 5:33 AM
This message has been deleted by sakura0412.
Test Subject
#548 Old 26th May 2015 at 6:42 PM
Default Frankenmeshing-Problem
I am trying to create a new mesh by using the top and leg parts from yfBody_Chemise and the skirt from yfBody_DressGranny. (Lod 0-7). I am using yfBody Chemise as the base. I use Milkshape. Following directions under Frankenmeshing tab I do get a finished combined mesh. Now I must join the top and bottom mesh at the waist. I have tried using the Vertex data merge tool and align normals and also tried snapping and align normals. (I also edit uv) Both look fine in Milkshape and also in Sims4Studio. However when I get to view in CAS there is an obvious slit at the waist. The morphs work fine with the sliders except of course for the slit at the waist. What can I do or what am I doing wrong.
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#549 Old 27th May 2015 at 10:05 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 28th May 2015 at 5:22 PM.
Unfortunately the two meshes you're working with don't have the waist vertices at the same locations, and the morphs for the two are therefore a little different. This will happen even if you move the vertices to the same location - when the morph information is applied from the original mesh the morph is a little different and you get that split at the seam. Right now I don't have a way to fix it but I'll keep that in mind for a future Tools function. If I can ever get automorphing working that should also fix this kind of problem.

The bone assignments may also be different, but if you convert the mesh to .ms3d you should be able to correct that.

Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#550 Old 28th May 2015 at 1:53 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 31st May 2015 at 7:01 PM.
Coming attraction in the next version: Editing speculars.

Edit: I've released an updated ImageResource wrapper and associated helper files for s4pe, for anyone who wants to try editing speculars without waiting probably another week at least for the next CAS Tools.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=552540
Screenshots
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip cmar_yfTop_TankShortAddedShineStars.zip (16.8 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content

Locked thread | Locked by: CmarNYC Reason: Tool now in Downloads - comments should go there.
Page 22 of 36