Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Doctor Who David Tennant T-Shirt - Young Adult & Child

by ahunter8056 Posted 11th Sep 2014 at 6:52 PM - Updated 23rd Sep 2014 at 8:33 PM by ahunter8056 : Added Child version

41 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 8:34 PM
Love it!! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 8:45 PM
BEST MOD EVEEEER ! (Plz do you have any tutorial to send me for creating my own Doctor who outfit ?)
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 9:55 PM
The first "real life" T-Shirt for The Sims 4 here - thank´s a lot!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 10:27 PM Last edited by ahunter8056 : 11th Sep 2014 at 10:45 PM.
Thank you for the positive feedback shellybeans2, skyTeufx10 and Krügerl! I definitely appreciate it. :D

@skyTeufx10 The video tutorial that I followed has since been deleted from YouTube, so I'll try and summarise how I did it:
1) Download and install S4PE and Colour Magic.
2) Make sure that you have image editing software. If you don't already have one installed, I highly recommend Paint.NET. It's free, powerful and fairly easy to use.
3) Run Colour Magic. On the second screen of the Setup, there should be an option to select either The Sims 4 or The Sims 4 CAS Demo Source Package. You will need to choose The Sims 4, provided you are creating clothing for the actual game and not just the demo.
4) On the third screen, you will need to select which item of clothing you wish to recolour. There are filter options to help you narrow down to what you want to use.
5) After selecting your item of clothing, click the "Next" button. Use the "Save As..." button to save your file.
6) Open S4PE. Go to "File", select "Open" and then find and open your package file that you just saved using Colour Magic.
7) Look through the selections on the left side of the window, while also seeing what comes up on the Preview side (the right side of the window). You will come across one with a preview that displays what your item of clothing looks like, except all the individual parts are separated. For example with the T-Shirt, there is the front of the shirt, with the back of the shirt directly beside it, and then both of the shoulders separated to the right. I've only recoloured the t-shirt, so I don't know what it'll look like for other items of clothing. I hope you're able to follow this so far though. With the t-shirt the selection I wanted was the first one, but I don't know if it's the same for other items of clothing.
8) Once you've found the right selection, right click and select "Export To DDS". Save this file somewhere.
9) Open this DDS file in your image editing software.
10) Now edit the item of clothing however you want. If you want to simply add a design, the further steps will apply.
11) Import your chosen design image.
12) If you need to resize or crop your chosen design image, then do so. After you're happy with the size, drag the image onto where you want it to be.
13) Now is where it gets tricky. If you have unwanted parts of the image, such as a background colour, then it could potentially be difficult to remove. For this part, we're going to need to use the Magic Wand tool. I'm not exactly an expert with this, so I'd recommend YouTubeing or Googleing a Magic Wand tool tutorial for your image editing software if you've never used it before. Either way, it's probably going to take some experimentation and constant modifications to the Intensity level, unless your background colour is a solid colour and distinct from the design colour. For this Doctor Who David Tennant shirt, it took me a while to remove the background black shirt colour so I had just the design left. Even that wasn't perfect.
14) Once you're done, save the image, but make sure you select "Save As". Save it as a DDS file, and then make sure that you select to save it as DXT5.
15) Go back to S4PE. On the selection that you exported the initial DDS file from, you'll need to right click it again, except this time click on the "Import From DDS" option. You'll then need to select the DDS file you created in Step 14. After that's done, you should see the design on the clothing item in the Preview window.
16) Click "File", then "Save As...". Save the file in your Mods folder in your Sims 4 folder in your Documents directory. If you don't know where to place package files for The Sims 4, then here is your answer:
Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\

I hope this brief tutorial was helpful. If it wasn't detailed enough, then I could work on a detailed tutorial with screenshots. Hopefully that isn't necessary, but if you're having trouble following the above tutorial, then I'm happy to make a better one.

On a side note, if anyone wants to request that I make more Doctor Who themed clothing for your sims to wear, I'm happy to take requests, provided that you provide me with the clothing design image.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 12:05 AM
Thank you!! I love this a lot and can't wait to get my sim wearing it. Now you only have 11 more to go. *smile*
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 3:28 AM
Great shirt. Thanks for the upload. New sleepy time shirt.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 4:08 AM
I love it! But why just for males?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 8:32 AM
Love the shirt! What about us girls?!! Any chance of making it for females as well?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 10:14 AM
checking if there`s costum content for sims 4 and the first thing I see is this shirt. My Whovian heart is very happy :) Thx! I wanna have this shirt for real
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 2:15 PM
@epoling, Voker, SimmerAddict, rockopeaches & stephjovi Thank you.

@SimmerAddict & rockopeaches Well the reason it's male only at the moment is that I did not create this with the intention of uploading it to MTS (or anywhere else for that matter). I just wanted my own personal clothing in the game for my sim to wear. However, I will work on a female version.
Test Subject
#12 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 3:40 PM
Default Thx
Well ... Thanks for the answer ! Actually i think i understood how to do this so i'll try it by myself ! I'll maybe post some of my Mods too if i did it right ! Anyway keep moding folk i really apreciate your work (sry for my bad english ! Actually i'm french)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 7:41 PM
just brilliant thankyou
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 8:26 PM
very cool
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 8:47 PM
This is really great, but would be so so much better if for females to, pretty please.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 4:09 AM
Can you make some for the ladies too?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 6:29 AM
Love this sooo much <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 7:05 AM
my sim self is going to be happy and so am i
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 4:51 PM
@gill2277, Az13666, Giselle_Choiseul, GAMEDRIX974, zebaroth Thank you!

A female version has now been added. I hope you all enjoy having your female sims wear it too. Tell me if there are any problems with the female version.
Test Subject
#20 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ahunter8056

A female version has now been added. I hope you all enjoy having your female sims wear it too. Tell me if there are any problems with the female version.

Yay Thanks! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 8:05 AM
This is so perfect thank you very much!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 5:05 PM
@rockopeaches & Giselle_Choiseul No problem. Glad you're enjoying it.
Test Subject
#23 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ahunter8056

YAY!!!! THANKS SO MUCH! :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmerAddict
YAY!!!! THANKS SO MUCH! :D

No problem. I'm just glad you're enjoying it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 12:35 PM
Can you make this for children? My nephew is a big Dr. Who fan. He is a child sim in my game. He is 4 years old in real life and he loves Dr. Who.
Page 1 of 2