Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Improved Lighting (V7 1.19 patch)

by Shimrod101 Posted 8th Sep 2014 at 4:33 PM - Updated 4th Jun 2016 at 10:10 PM by Shimrod101 : Updated for 1.19 patch

286 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 145 Feedback Posts, 140 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 12
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 5:01 PM
Woohoo! First!
I will try this one since it has contrast and depth, the other one that came out washed out my sims with different skin tones, like the green skin looked pee yellow. Thank you very much.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 5:15 PM
TYVM-ly
Instructor
#5 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 5:29 PM
Ty for this mod the other lighting mod was ok but yours looks awesome

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 5:38 PM
I think the other mod color was too weird, I'll test yours thank you
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 5:41 PM
I gave it a test, and got some really odd blue lighting effects in all of my rooms. Here's an example: https://31.media.tumblr.com/dff0142...5ux8o1_1280.png

The floors look a bit "stained", as you can see. Might just be a reflection off that particular flooring though, I'm not sure. Just looks very strange!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaleeko
I gave it a test, and got some really odd blue lighting effects in all of my rooms. Here's an example: https://31.media.tumblr.com/dff0142...5ux8o1_1280.png

The floors look a bit "stained", as you can see. Might just be a reflection off that particular flooring though, I'm not sure. Just looks very strange!

I have the exact same "issue". Moving lights, etc. or dimming them didn't help either.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 6:33 PM
This is what I wanted from the beginning. I'm going to try it out at once. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 6:39 PM
Nice work, I'll be taking this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 6:47 PM
Thank you soo much for this mod. The other light mod was okay too, but a bit too bright for my screenshots. ^-^ ty!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by applepie123
I have the exact same "issue". Moving lights, etc. or dimming them didn't help either.

Yes, i have that problem too sadly.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 8:01 PM
thx creator
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 8:02 PM
Looks super!!! Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 8:05 PM
I can see my sims without excessive lights in the room, thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 8:07 PM
Thank you
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#17 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 8:26 PM
Thanks Shimrod. Just what the doctor - optometrist - ordered. I swear EA have a hidden agenda to ruin gamers eyesight with there mismatched lighting schemes in Sims games.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 8:45 PM
Great job on the lightning but why increase the already overdone SSAO? Ambient occlusion is supposed to be a somewhat subtle effect and not create thick dark edges everywhere.

SSAO and DoF are definitely the new bloom, which was the new lens flare.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 10:40 PM
Great mod! but the floors look a little weird even in day light :S https://33.media.tumblr.com/784f7b1...s2n53o1_500.png
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 11:02 PM
Thank you for making our (Sims) world a little brighter, Shimrod!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#21 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 11:20 PM
Thankies Shimrod!!
Test Subject
#22 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 11:48 PM
Trying to get the file, all I get is a blank page with the header http://chii.modthesims.info/getfile.php?file=1457273
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 11:49 PM
A new file is uploaded which fixes the issue with the large discolored spots on floors under the light source. Throw the first version in the trash can.

Quote: Originally posted by clown
Great job on the lightning but why increase the already overdone SSAO? Ambient occlusion is supposed to be a somewhat subtle effect and not create thick dark edges everywhere.

To my eye it looks a bit better with the increase, the world and objects and everything doesn't look so washed out. And I don't really see 'thick dark edges' everywhere.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 11:50 PM
Loving the mod so far!

I've not had any problems within my Game as of yet!
Scholar
#25 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 11:50 PM
I've got this mod in my game, but my interiors are still dark - like normal... No difference at all. I have my lighting set on 'high', too; this was with the old file; I have not tried the new one get as I can't get to it (see below).... any suggestions re: the darkness??

EDIT - I'm also getting an empty page when I go to download the new file...

...Titanium white...
Page 1 of 12