Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

SupeSpeed Mod

by artum Posted 12th Sep 2014 at 12:32 PM - Updated 5th May 2015 at 2:20 AM by artum

264 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 139 Feedback Posts, 124 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 11
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 2:54 PM
thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 3:11 PM
That´s exactly what I´m looking for - Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 3:40 PM
yesssssssssssssssss ,, i was waiting for thisss
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 4:04 PM
Scripted mods are enabled but the game isnt pickicking up the mod in my mods folder.
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ranodano
I'm having the same problem. It's not working for me whether I leave it in its zip archive or if I extract it.

Try placing the zip file directly into the mod folder instead of the py file. I have issues with sims 4 actually placing my custom content in the game and I had issues with another py file. If this doesn't fix the problem for you let me know.
THANKS POST
#7 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 4:52 PM
Very useful!
Test Subject
#8 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 5:08 PM Last edited by number123 : 12th Sep 2014 at 6:16 PM.
I have placed the zip file in the mods folder (not extracted)
I have enabled Script Mods
I can see the mod in the in-game mod list under Script Mods
I have pressed 3 key twice in-game and I've tried double clicking with the mouse.

But I'm just getting the regular ultra speed.
What am I missing?

Edit: I should also add that I am not using any other time mods.
Test Subject
#9 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 5:30 PM
ATTENTION

For those having issues getting the mod working. Here is what I did.

I placed the zip folder into the mod folder. (in a sub folder in case you didn't know that you can use sub folders)
I have scripted mods enabled.
If you are using the slower time mod (found HERE ) this WILL NOT work.

I do not know anything about the scripted mods, but for some reason these 2 mods conflict. This may just be due to a slower time from the above mod. If that is the case, it's likely that the super speed EA built into the game is a multiplied calculation of the standard time. Which would mean that the "super speed" is still being calculated but time in general is going slower.

Also please make sure you have the most up to date version of this mod. Since the game is so new, EA is going to be patching constantly, causing modders (especially those who make scripted mods) to update their mods with respect to new EA updates.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ministertanner
ATTENTION

If you are using the slower time mod (found HERE ) this WILL NOT work.

I do not know anything about the scripted mods, but for some reason these 2 mods conflict. This may just be due to a slower time from the above mod. If that is the case, it's likely that the super speed EA built into the game is a multiplied calculation of the standard time. Which would mean that the "super speed" is still being calculated but time in general is going slower.

I'm going to look into this, It doesn't seem that mod is overriding the modified methods of this mod.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by number123
I have placed the zip file in the mods folder (not extracted)
I have enabled Script Mods
I can see the mod in the in-game mod list under Script Mods
I have pressed 3 key twice in-game and I've tried double clicking with the mouse.

But I'm just getting the regular ultra speed.
What am I missing?

Edit: I should also add that I am not using any other time mods.

Are you sure that you are using the latest game update? Mods weren't loading in the previous version.
Test Subject
#12 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 7:25 PM
Does this mod give you the ultra-speed until the action is done, like the Speed 4 in Sims3?
Test Subject
#13 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by artum
Are you sure that you are using the latest game update? Mods weren't loading in the previous version.

Apparently I didn't =) It works now. Thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jesirose
Does this mod give you the ultra-speed until the action is done, like the Speed 4 in Sims3?

For now it only enables you to trigger the in-game superspeed manually. Speed 4 of the sims 3 will come later when I'm sure how interaction scripts work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:10 PM
I have noticed that the sims seem to act weird or their actions are delayed when using the super speed. If this is something other people are noticing, I think it's because when the game uses this setting, your sim is not "thinking". The game doesn't really have to process actions.

1 example is
I had a sim cleaning dishes and on his way to the sink he stood there for an hour and then appeared on the other side of the house and set them on a coffee table.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ministertanner
I have noticed that the sims seem to act weird or their actions are delayed when using the super speed. If this is something other people are noticing, I think it's because when the game uses this setting, your sim is not "thinking". The game doesn't really have to process actions.

That's the game delay in calculating interactions. As example with normal speed 3, once a sim finish his job it gets like 5-10 more minutes to come back home than Speed 1. With Super-Speed this delay become pretty long & some actions (like getting back to home from work) can take 20-30 sim mins to process. That's why I suppose they limited the speed of the game.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 10:42 PM
so i think with laptop mode off, pressing the 3 key won't work but if you just click speed 3 twice it works.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 10:57 AM
This is the best!!! Must have!

Why did EA hide this feature???
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 1:41 PM
speed only happens when you sleep or go to work? i was hopping for a really quick normal timer lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 1:34 AM
thank you so much ^^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 2:57 AM
Thanks for creating this. There are some activities that I want to speed through and your mod is a great help!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 9:38 AM
Very useful, thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 9:51 AM
great mod. thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 6:25 PM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 4:08 AM
Strange. Using this script mod stops the numpad and "~" to "3" to stop working until I go to build/buy mode.

For anyone having those problems, try the method above.
Page 1 of 11