Replies: 184 (Who?), Viewed: 55419 times.
Page 2 of 8
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#26 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 3:52 PM
Thank you everyone for your support. I think mediafire is easy to target for EA, and if they are this touchy can we even be sure it's EA doing this?

I was about to upload to mediafire, but now I'm not so sure. Someone suggested Rapidshare, I would like a site where people don't need to have an account to download. It doesn't all need to be the same site either, perhaps it might be a good idea to have them several different places really. I just need to find a mail to use for the blog page to use as front.

Nilxis said:

Quote:
Yes, mediafire has locked my account and I can't access to my files. I've contacted them and I'm trying to fix it, apparently my files violate the terms of service for some kind of copyright infringement with EA... which is stupid Cheeky2 The files that have been suspended are Saaqartoq_Populated.rar, Plav_Raj.rar and Saaqartoq_English.rar

I didn't know anything about Luna, I haven't talked with her for a long long time, maybe 1 year.

I don't really know what's going on but I hope to fix it ASAP, sorry for the inconvenience sad


I was thinking about starting a facebook group just to show EA we mean business.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#27 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 6:26 PM
This might be of interest in this respect: http://themaresnest.wordpress.com/2...ediafire-again/
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#28 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 9:46 PM
I have started a blog for this, hope I managed to do it right this time. It will be up here when I get to it: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/thesimstomb
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 12:11 AM Last edited by ChocolatePrimo : 20th Sep 2014 at 11:21 AM.
I find that Mega is quite a good website, but I would recommend shopping around a bit.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 12:50 AM
Megaupload is gone, Mega.co.nz is what Kit Dotcom came up with!

EDIT: What is the password Volvenom?

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#31 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 7:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbc100
Megaupload is gone, Mega.co.nz is what Kit Dotcom came up with!

EDIT: What is the password Volvenom?


If you like to add something to the blog, I can send you an invite if you pm me your email.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 12:38 PM
I cant add anything but I was wondering why it is got a password on it!

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbc100
Megaupload is gone, Mega.co.nz is what Kit Dotcom came up with!

Fixed it.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 1:07 AM
Awesims is gone as well, but luckily I have all of her wonderful downloads stored, in zips. I hope Luna will come back, as I recently had a clearing of CC and am desperately missing hers.
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#35 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 8:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerwil
Awesims is gone as well, but luckily I have all of her wonderful downloads stored, in zips. I hope Luna will come back, as I recently had a clearing of CC and am desperately missing hers.


Is she still active?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbc100
I cant add anything but I was wondering why it is got a password on it!


I may be a noob, but you can still see and download the files or what?
Field Researcher
#36 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 8:27 AM Last edited by Nylaba : 21st Sep 2014 at 8:39 AM.
I have a bunch of Luna's files, not quite sure what they all are as they're all separate but I'm more than happy to put them up so others can try their luck.

@Volvenom In my case at least, it's asking for a username and password before I can even view the blog.

*EDIT*
Also, do we know it's a copyright claim? Has anyone tried submitting a counterclaim on her behalf? Can you even do that? Maybe if everyone on the thread submits one they'll reupload the files.
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#37 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 8:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nylaba
I have a bunch of Luna's files, not quite sure what they all are as they're all separate but I'm more than happy to put them up so others can try their luck.
@Volvenom In my case at least, it's asking for a username and password before I can even view the blog.


Oh shit, that's me for thinking password is a safety feature and not a block, how do I fix that. The more people can contribute the better it is. It's a lot of files and the work involved with uploading is quite a lot. I was just hoping we could keep some sort of order. If you see anything is already there before uploading? I wasn't planning on doing this into some sort of Bureaucracy, I don't have the time for that.

Edit: I removed the password, thanks for letting me know.
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#38 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 8:49 AM Last edited by Volvenom : 21st Sep 2014 at 9:29 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nylaba
I have a bunch of Luna's files, not quite sure what they all are as they're all separate but I'm more than happy to put them up so others can try their luck.

@Volvenom In my case at least, it's asking for a username and password before I can even view the blog.

*EDIT*
Also, do we know it's a copyright claim? Has anyone tried submitting a counterclaim on her behalf? Can you even do that? Maybe if everyone on the thread submits one they'll reupload the files.


I read a bit on mediafire about counterclaims and apparently you can be sued for that as well, and since we can't really be sure what the reason is, but I don't know. If someone would like to do that, it's up to them. We are a big community here and it's lots of files, the big loser might just be mediafire, they are unsafe, at least if it's like Don_Babilon linked to they are false.

I'm more interested in securing the files for the community really.

Edit1. For the tumblr:

I'm missing mix/mezclas 1, lote 4 if anyone has that.

Edit2: I was just thinking perhaps those who would like to contribute can take a set they have a lot of and just upload that, and perhaps gather the files for the rest of that set? Could that work? ... or would that be too much work ...
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#39 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 10:14 AM
This is what awesims posted yesterday:
Quote:
Hi everyone, long time no see.

I don’t check the blog much anymore – life is busy so I haven’t been playing very much.
It’s come to my attention, however, that many or all of my downloads have been complained about at Mediafire, and my account has been suspended. I can assure you, no matter how annoying it is that you can’t access my files, this is *extremely* fucking irritating to me and I have been in touch with Mediafire who are of no particular help at the moment so for now you’ll just have to .. I don’t know.. not download my stuff. I’m very sorry for the inconvenience, and I’ll try and sort something out.

Keep it reals,

- S
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#40 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 10:54 AM
Someone should be sued and I'm not sure it's just mediafire.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 1:11 PM Last edited by baskerwil : 21st Sep 2014 at 1:26 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Babilon
This is what awesims posted yesterday:


Well that's good to know at least, that she's aware that is. Really troublesome affair, hope it gets straightened out.

Edit: Oh and I fully support the Tomb initiative, great idea. I only have Luna's deco library and a few wall panels, so I can't contribute much, i'm afraid.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 5:55 PM
I have a large portion of the tavern set, one of the hotel sets, The vampire coffin set, and a whole lot of other random stuff. I'll pull together a list of what I've got and can upload what is needed.
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#43 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 6:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nylaba
I have a large portion of the tavern set, one of the hotel sets, The vampire coffin set, and a whole lot of other random stuff. I'll pull together a list of what I've got and can upload what is needed.


Gorgeous, that sounds like things I don't have. PM me your email when you get to it, I'll send you an invite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerwil
Well that's good to know at least, that she's aware that is. Really troublesome affair, hope it gets straightened out.

Edit: Oh and I fully support the Tomb initiative, great idea. I only have Luna's deco library and a few wall panels, so I can't contribute much, i'm afraid.


It might still be things I don't have. I've got to the mix or meczla 1,7,10 at the moment, will continue to the higher numbers tomorrow.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 6:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvenom
Gorgeous, that sounds like things I don't have. PM me your email when you get to it, I'll send you an invite.

Ummm, it might take a while to get a list of sets. I pulled together what I have and it's over 500 un-archived items I'll pm you anyway, expect a trickle of items for the next while.
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#45 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 6:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nylaba
Ummm, it might take a while to get a list of sets. I pulled together what I have and it's over 500 un-archived items I'll pm you anyway, expect a trickle of items for the next while.


Yes it's the same here, tons of stuff. I'm just starting where it should be more or less full, and we'll see where I end up
Forum Resident
#46 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 7:07 PM
They reported Nilxis site as well. What the heck is going on?
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 7:35 PM
Ah brilliant. If the deco bookcases and panels aren't in your respective caches, I'll forward you a Dropbox link with the files, so we have them. There's no need to confuse things further until we know what's missing and again, brilliant idea.
Test Subject
#48 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 5:04 PM
I've tried to sort out everything I downloaded from Luna, and I have 612 packages, 630 sims3Pack (some of them are for the same object, some of them are only in sims3Pack or only in package) and I keep 181 original rars, which don't have any additional files, just a great part of those 600 in their original rar.
I think I can make a txt with a list of the three groups and send it to you if you want me to; I haven't had the chance to check what's in your blog because when I click on the link it asks me for an email and password, even only to be able to see what you have there.
Field Researcher
#49 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 5:49 PM
Ah ha! Just found out why everyone's having trouble viewing the blog without signing in. Here's the right link to view the blog/download! http://thesimstomb.tumblr.com/
@Aelya Fantastic! Yes, please forward on your list of rars, that would be the easiest to work with. Do you have a Mediafire/dropbox/4shared you can dump all of them in? I'm more than happy to organize and write posts.
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#50 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 6:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nylaba
Ah ha! Just found out why everyone's having trouble viewing the blog without signing in. Here's the right link to view the blog/download! http://thesimstomb.tumblr.com/
@Aelya Fantastic! Yes, please forward on your list of rars, that would be the easiest to work with. Do you have a Mediafire/dropbox/4shared you can dump all of them in? I'm more than happy to organize and write posts.


You're a star Nylaba, I was a bit afraid I would have to fix it all on my own
Page 2 of 8
Back to top