Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Teen Careers for All Ages

by plasticbox Posted 15th Sep 2014 at 9:38 PM - Updated 6th Feb 2016 at 3:14 AM by plasticbox

312 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 200 Feedback Posts, 111 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 13
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 9:50 PM
great job! been waiting for this one!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 9:51 PM
Thanks for posting this mod. This should help a little bit until we get a proper expansion that enables new/different jobs.
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 9:58 PM
Where exactly do you add the line "DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate"? Do you rename the file to ResourceDirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate.cfg or actually open it with wordpad and put it in there?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 9:59 PM
Thank you. I was kind of annoyed at how little careers Sims could take.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 10:01 PM
Good job! Thanks!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by londonerupnorth
Where exactly do you add the line "DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate"? Do you rename the file to ResourceDirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate.cfg or actually open it with wordpad and put it in there?

You open it and put it in there. Thanks for asking; will try to make this more clear in the instructions =).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
You open it and put it in there. Thanks for asking; will try to make this more clear in the instructions =).

I thought it was probably that but I still can't get it working, if I put that line after whats already in the file the mod doesn't work, if I put it BEFORE what's already in there the game doesn't load any of the non script mods but this mod still doesn't work, what am I doing wrong?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 10:16 PM
I'm not sure I understand what you mean -- can you copy and paste the contents, or even better, attach the resource.cfg to a post so that I can take a look?

(You will need to zip/rar it first -- I don't think it'll let you upload anything that isn't a zip or rar)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 10:17 PM
Great idea, thank you!
Test Subject
#11 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 10:22 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 15th Sep 2014 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Removed attachment .. just so that nobody tries to put THAT in their mods folder =P
I'm not sure I understand what you mean -- can you copy and paste the contents, or even better, attach the resource.cfg to a post so that I can take a look?

(You will need to zip/rar it first -- I don't think it'll let you upload anything that isn't a zip or rar)

Sure, here it is.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 10:24 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#13 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 10:29 PM

OK, PLEASE, please forgive me! It's Monday and been a long day at work and I think my brain has turned to mush! I did everything you said to do in the instructions except one very minor thing! I forgot to actually put the .package file into my mods folder

Sorry for wasting you time! Amazingly it works perfectly now :p
Test Subject
#14 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 10:30 PM
Brilliant mod
And it works better when you put the .package file in the mods folder
Instructor
THANKS POST
#15 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 10:39 PM
I was shocked when my teen went to choose a job. They all seemed like such normal options for my everyday joe Sims. I wondered why the heck all my adults had to be super spies or else pursue something creative. So thank you so much for this! Average joes, unite! :)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by londonerupnorth
I forgot to actually put the .package file into my mods folder

Thanks for getting back .. and for the laugh!

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 10:57 PM
More career flavors is a plus :bunny:
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 11:10 PM
Very nice, I've been waiting for something like this.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#19 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 11:12 PM
Wonderful! Thank-you for this!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#20 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 11:21 PM
This is a "must have" mod for sure! Just because EA wants us to play "Weird" games doesn't mean to say I want to.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 11:46 PM
I havent tried them yet, but are the teen jobs less money than the adult ones ?
Either way, using this for sure. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 11:51 PM
Just tried it and maybe I did it wrong. Do you put the package in the /mods folder or the folder you make IN the mods folder?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 11:59 PM
The package goes where all your other packages go. /Mods will work for everyone, the rest depends on your own setup.

Payments and working hours are untouched -- i.e. like EA made them .. they vary with level and performance. Currently (level 1) my barista earns about 60/day five days a week, the retail worker about 135/day (longer work hours), babysitter and labourer are much better paid but only work two days per week. The table cleaner (Fast food) gets the shittiest pay with only 16/hour (that's also about 60 per day), five days per week. That should give you a rough idea?

Test Subject
#24 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 12:05 AM
Thanks for the info on the pay !!

I put the package file in the mods folder. Made the unpacked folder and put that in the mods folder. Then I opened my resource thing and copied what you had in the description. But I still cant seem to make it work, am I missing something else?
I tried phone and computer both and waited 24 hours in game to see if something else showed up but I cant see any of these careers.
It seems so awesome tho !
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pretty99
Made the unpacked folder and put that in the mods folder

The folder needs to be named "unpackedmod", not "unpacked".

Quote: Originally posted by pretty99
Then I opened my resource thing and copied what you had in the description

Can you please copy + paste the contents of your resource.cfg?

Page 1 of 13