Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Is Claeric
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 10:05 PM
Default Force CAS to load a high-resolution background?
The CAS backgrounds are really, really compressed. Probably because the default is a gradient and it doesn't matter. But in trying to make my own, with a REALLY high resolution image that looks fine zoomed in 150-200% in photoshop, results in this mess.

Any way around it?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 8:55 PM
hello and how it can be set precisely adjusted high resolution? pls
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Scarity
The CAS backgrounds are really, really compressed. Probably because the default is a gradient and it doesn't matter. But in trying to make my own, with a REALLY high resolution image that looks fine zoomed in 150-200% in photoshop, results in this mess.

Any way around it?

Maybe try to make it twice its size? I doubt it though, as the game may crash, you can try though!

Simalary Studios

Contact Me
Send me a PM, if you need to contact me for anything.
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th Oct 2021 at 8:51 AM
I know this is a bit long ago, but for future reference. When using images as the background, for the best quality. It should be raw images, as in images that were made by you. Most images used as backgrounds for cas are screenshots, or downloaded slightly lower quality images than the ORIGINAL image. So when you combine it already being a lower quality image, because it was made from you, or you don't have the source file. Then also the fact that you're now trying to make it a background, which requires changing the resolution in some form. You lower the quality more. So the BEST way to have a high quality cas background, is to either make one yourself or get the raw file for the image. eg. a non jpeg, png, or other compressed file type.
Test Subject
#5 Old 20th Aug 2023 at 7:40 PM
Did you manage to do it? Still haven't figured it out yet