Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Updated: Hair Equality for Children 01

by plasticbox Posted 8th Oct 2014 at 9:31 AM - Updated 28th Mar 2015 at 12:39 AM by plasticbox

38 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 10:49 AM
Amazing! Thank you so much!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 1:46 PM
Thank you for the cute switch-a-roo with the hairs. I really love the male to female child hairs. Sadly, I have to stay away from all the cute stuff, my game crashes too much when I use CC. Makes me wanna holla!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 1:46 PM
Awesome! Thanks!! Any plans to do this for YA/Adult hair meshes?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 4:47 PM
I was hoping to see this happen, thanks a bunch!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 5:44 PM
I'm on a Lenovo touch screen laptop. I think my computer is one of those "fancy" jobs to which you were referring. I will get back and report any imaging concerns. Howerver, the artifacts are actually kind of interesting. They are similar to Star Trek, Trill skin patterns, yes? Thanks so much for creating these recolors.
Test Subject
#7 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 11:16 PM
I installed this pack, but when I went into the game a number of the children's hair styles were gone. When I removed the files from my Mod folder, the hair styles returned to normal. I still have not been able to get your hair files to work. Is there an additional file or mod I need to download in order to get your mod to work?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 11:27 PM
Which hair styles were gone, do you have a before/after comparison (screenshot) you could show me? And what do you mean by "gone": gone from the CAS preview or gone from sims' heads in game or something else entirely?

If the CAS preview seems wonky, try deleting localthumbcache from your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder (that's the cache for the CAS thumbnails, it will be rebult upon restart).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#9 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 2:18 AM
I'm not sure what all the hair files are named and I tried to do a print screen but it just saved it as a blank white picture. By "gone" I mean the hair is no longer an option to select or even see in creation mode. I checked for whether or not the hair exists on sims already in the game but was unable to find the missing hair styles (I looked for the boy's long hair style as an example). When I added this mod it reduced the total number of boy hair styles to 6 (no long hair options at all) and the total number of girl hair styles to 9.

Perhaps the missing hair styles are associated with the files in the mod somehow? Instead of adding additional hair styles it canceled them out?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 2:33 AM
Well it doesn't in mine. Could it be that you already have another similar mod and they conflict somehow? Because you're talking about "long hair options" (plural) for boys .. in my game, without mods, there is only one.

Also, what is your game version? This is from 1.0.732.20 -- do you have that?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
#11 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 5:17 AM
Hi! I have a little problem. I unzipped parts 1 and 2 and placed it in the correct folders. However, the hair options aren't showing up! My game is up to date. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 5:34 AM
Yep, it was an update issue. Now that I have my game up to date everything is working great! Thanks for the assistance.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 6:26 AM
Thanks lewism, I emboldened the game version in the OP now.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 3:33 AM
Hurray! I'm always a fan of Hair Equality! Thank you (:
THANKS POST
#15 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 8:26 AM
tnx for your creation
Test Subject
#16 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 12:30 AM
Awesome!!! Could you do this for teens/adults too? :3
Instructor
THANKS POST
#17 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 3:15 PM
That first picture cracks me up, it looks like they are on a activism poster or something.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 20th Nov 2014 at 1:57 AM
thank you that's amazing
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 2:17 AM
thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 3:19 PM
thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 2:30 PM
Really love this.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 12:40 AM
Updated for 1.5.139.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 7:00 PM
Thanks for the quick update.
Test Subject
#24 Old 6th May 2015 at 9:47 AM
Hello plasticbox.

Thank you for these gender hair conversions but there is a problem since GTW I have downloaded the updated versions of the mod but when I choose one of the coversions and then go on to another sims or try to save the household the converted hair reverts to a default hairstyle in the game.

Is it possible to make these conversions as independent meshes and not crossovers and if you could do an adult version of it with some of their hairstyles???

Other than that I am thankful for the replacement furniture they are more useful and practical than EAs default.
I thank you for those mods.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 6th May 2015 at 10:00 AM
Re. the hair selection not saving correctly, is this a new issue with the May the Fourth patch?

Re. other stuff you want, please use the WCIF forum in Discussion. This thread is on the topic of *this* upload.

Page 1 of 2