Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Drunken Roofing

by Snaitf Posted 20th Oct 2014 at 2:41 AM - Updated 20th Oct 2014 at 5:54 PM by Snaitf

10 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 6:41 AM
I can see this more as a middle ages, or a fantasy roof texture more than a "drunken" roofing, love the detail you put into it and I will most likely use it for a little fantasy like cottage. Thanks for the awesome texture.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 3:41 PM
Thank you for this. I second "love the detail you put into it".
I like the roof and will for sure use it, but do you think it is possible to let the roof go all the way to the ends (to be asymetical like the roof / mirror the roof / go over the planks - I hope you understand what I mean) instead of the ends being planks? I think that if it is possible the roof would be perfect.
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by trold123123
Thank you for this. I second "love the detail you put into it".
I like the roof and will for sure use it, but do you think it is possible to let the roof go all the way to the ends (to be asymetical like the roof / mirror the roof / go over the planks - I hope you understand what I mean) instead of the ends being planks? I think that if it is possible the roof would be perfect.

@trold123123 - I have added a version with no hips, I think this is what you meant?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Snaitf
@trold123123 - I have added a version with no hips, I think this is what you meant?

Thanks Snaitf. I am sorry but that was not what I meant. I am danish and right now I wish my english was god enough to explain what I meant. Let me try this way:
A roof made of straw doesn't have a hip at the end but goes all the way down and out over the wall top. You don't see any beams or hips or wall-top-ends. It is kind of like a hair with bangs. Often the the straws are cut straight at the end but not always. When not, the roof ends are like an more or less asymerical bang. The roof you have made would in real life like a roof made of straws also be kind of like a hair with bangs. Sometimes cut straight at the ends and other times left with the natural asymerical bang/ends. I hope I have drawn a more understandable picture of what I meant. I do not know if it is possible to make such roof "bangs" in Sims 4?
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by trold123123
Thanks Snaitf. I am sorry but that was not what I meant. I am danish and right now I wish my english was god enough to explain what I meant. Let me try this way:
A roof made of straw doesn't have a hip at the end but goes all the way down and out over the wall top. You don't see any beams or hips or wall-top-ends. It is kind of like a hair with bangs. Often the the straws are cut straight at the end but not always. When not, the roof ends are like an more or less asymerical bang. The roof you have made would in real life like a roof made of straws also be kind of like a hair with bangs. Sometimes cut straight at the ends and other times left with the natural asymerical bang/ends. I hope I have drawn a more understandable picture of what I meant. I do not know if it is possible to make such roof "bangs" in Sims 4?

@trold123123 - I'm still not quite sure I get what your asking. If you mean the edges of the roof (where rain gutters would go), they have to be straight, this is just a pattern, not a new roof. If you want the roof to hang over the edges of the house walls, you can do that by extending the roof to be larger than the room.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 12:57 AM
Snaitf, you got what I am asking spot on. Yes it was the edges (the word just sliped my mind, sorry about that), and yes I was asking if it could be done with a pattern, so I got my answer, thanks.

Btw I like the no hip version as well, so thanks for both.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#8 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 2:05 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 21st Oct 2014 at 3:24 AM.
The hipped roofs do not have eaves currently, but Maxis know about this. They were suggesting the hipped version maybe just didn’t make it into the catalogue. But like Snaitf says, this has nothing to do with your choice of pattern on the roof.

ETA, just tried to poke at this but didn't get very far as there's no wrapper for roofs (0x91EDBD3E) yet. However, since I only see one text string for hipped, its probably not as simple as just unhiding it.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 7:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
ETA, just tried to poke at this but didn't get very far as there's no wrapper for roofs (0x91EDBD3E) yet.

Heh, funny you should mention it, cause I just wrote this yesterday - http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_4:0x91EDBD3E
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#10 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 8:15 AM
I know! But S4PE doesn't (yet) .. =)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 5:56 AM
I chuckled when I seen this download! Thanks and good work ;-)