Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 9:50 AM Last edited by Florentzina : 23rd Oct 2014 at 11:05 AM.
Default My sim inherited money from a dog?
Jennail Tricou from Nightlife inherited money from a dog called Buffy after I resurected her. wtf?
Has this happened to anyone on here before?

Must be a hack messing with me because i needed to buy the community lots to get the graves or Grimmy got furious at the son of Jonathan Tricou...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 10:24 AM
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 10:30 AM
I Eh, i didnt try that but normally I could just use the paranormal object to call the ripper to resurect the tricou family without getting the graves.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 12:03 PM
The Tricous are supposed to inherit money from each other (or at least from the first ones who died). Inheriting money from a dog means that the game has taken that bit of code/memory/action and assigned it to a random sim file (the dog in this case). It's corruption though possibly not too serious. You can try to fix it by attaching the memory to a suitable person using SimPE. The slightly worrying thing is that it might have been reassigned because the original sim file might have problems but you can't really tell just by looking. You might try running Moo's neighbourhood checker and see if that shows anything (it doesn't show all types of corruption btw).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
The Tricous are supposed to inherit money from each other (or at least from the first ones who died). Inheriting money from a dog means that the game has taken that bit of code/memory/action and assigned it to a random sim file (the dog in this case). It's corruption though probably not too serious. You can try to fix it by attaching the memory to a suitable person using SimPE.

It was a mod I downloaded recently that caused apparantly. So I deleted the folder I put the newest downloads. But it was funny it was a dog all of things. (all sims I tested it on got the SAME one. ) I dont need to fix it because it was just a testhood that I will delete pretty soon anyway. Its fortunate I notice this in this testhood because I was just going to create a hood for a challenge (and getting it corrupted is the last thing I want to happen )
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 12:29 PM
Do get and use mootilda's HoodChecker though. It's an invaluable tool for keeping check on corruption.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 2:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Florentzina
It was a mod I downloaded recently that caused apparantly. So I deleted the folder I put the newest downloads. But it was funny it was a dog all of things. (all sims I tested it on got the SAME one. ) I dont need to fix it because it was just a testhood that I will delete pretty soon anyway. Its fortunate I notice this in this testhood because I was just going to create a hood for a challenge (and getting it corrupted is the last thing I want to happen )

Oh good - very sensible. The reason it chose the dog all the time is probably because the process is not as random as I thought. It sounds like the dog might have got a Tricou's NID which is actually rather worrying. This sounds like a similar issue to the Ottomas baby thing where it - is it an unborn child? - gets assigned a random parent rather than the father.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#8 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 3:29 PM
As I understand the problem with the Ottomas and Crittur pregnancies, when a subhood (including the stealth subhoods) is added to a main hood, the characters in the subhood must be renumbered, and the pregnancy controller was not picking up the change, so that when the baby was born it was linked genetically to whichever character in the total hood had the number coinciding with the original number of the father. If no one had that number, presumably someone was assigned randomly. The Seasons patch took care of this problem.

If this problem applied to all systems that refer to the relevant number, not just to the pregnancy controller, then it would make sense that the Tricous would be getting insurance from the wrong person (or even a dog) in an unpatched game. Florentzina, have you applied the Seasons patch? If you're not sure, try - if your game is patched, it won't hurt anything, but will just tell you the patch is unnecessary. If it isn't - this is a desperately important patch and you need it. It would be nice to know one way or another, since your having the patch would rule out my theory, while your not having it would support it.

I'd recommend that you get it, too, Andrew, even though you don't have Seasons and don't trust your machine to run it. If I'm correct, anyone from NL on has this glitch until the patch is applied, and though it probably won't affect gameplay seriously unless you do something like attaching Widespot RFD (with all its pregnancies), it will affect things like the Tricou inheritance and has the potential to create unforeseeable problems.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Florentzina, have you applied the Seasons patch? If you're not sure, try - if your game is patched, it won't hurt anything, but will just tell you the patch is unnecessary. If it isn't - this is a desperately important patch and you need it. It would be nice to know one way or another, since your having the patch would rule out my theory, while your not having it would support it.

Where do I get the patch? I actually dont remember where to get the correct one (or if it did the season one)), because it was *at least* a year since I installed the game.

*** Edit ***
Btw, I'm not sure if this could otherwise cause it, because I did add the maxi sims bac to the new hoods after I cleaned the templates and I had a mod that banished the downtownies (including the tricou sons) and then removed it from the downloads.

But i do noticed that one of the mods I had in the game before conflicted with the cementaries, but it ruined the description of the inheritage notice. It sluddering with the mod that allow you to choose cementary, Strangly it was mainly npc, toddler and motive mods I downloaded, most from BO and Simbolical.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 3:49 PM
If you are unsure if you patched, make sure you check all the games you have installed by downloading their patch and attempting to run it. Patches are important!

They are hosted here on MTS
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...elp:TS2_Patches
Mad Poster
#11 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 3:50 PM
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...elp:TS2_Patches

Right there, as a public service.

With code this complex, chaos theory applies. Unintended consequences are par for the course and unless you're willing to go the Mootilda route, studying the code and rigorously testing theories, making sense of any given mod conflict is not to be expected. Even things exterior to the game can affect it, so that people with similar sets of mods won't necessarily get similar glitches. Don't strain yourself trying to make sense of it; just experiment till you get the combination that works best for you.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 4:19 PM
thanks for the links (both of you) it was patched!
Mad Poster
#13 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 7:32 PM
I'd recommend that you get it, too, Andrew, even though you don't have Seasons and don't trust your machine to run it. If I'm correct, anyone from NL on has this glitch until the patch is applied, and though it probably won't affect gameplay seriously unless you do something like attaching Widespot RFD (with all its pregnancies), it will affect things like the Tricou inheritance and has the potential to create unforeseeable problems.

Peni, do you mean I should apply the Seasons patch, even though I haven't got Seasons? I wouldn't expect that to work, and, even if it did, I'd be very worried about doing it in view of what ellacharmed said in this post. I expect it would only work if the patch upgraded my game engine to Seasons, and I fear that would be well beyond the capability of my graphics chip. Double Deluxe comes fully patched: I tried applying the base game and Nightlife patches and they wouldn't "take". I successfully applied the OFB patch after installing OFB.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#14 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 8:17 PM
Since Florentzina found she was patched and still got the dog inheritance, there's no reason for you to. This demonstrates that the serious problem I'm thinking of is not the same as the one that makes the dog the source of the insurance money.

Which on the one hand is good news for people like you; on the other hand, leaves us still not knowing the origin of the glitch or how serious it is.

Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 9:46 PM
Peni Griffin, The glitch dissappeared after i removed a couple of recently added mods, so im pretty sure its was a mods that dont work with something.

Perhaps i should create a testhood someday and add them back and remove them one by one to see which hack conflicts with graves/pregnancy? it didnt show up in HCDU.
Inventor
#16 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Florentzina
Jennail Tricou from Nightlife inherited money from a dog called Buffy after I resurected her. wtf?

You could always pretend Buffy is the Sims 2 equivalent of Lassie. I mean, Lassie must have earnt millions and surely wanted to leave money to someone after he/she died!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 9:51 PM
What mods? That sounds like game corruption to me.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 10:01 PM
When i used batbox over the tricou family this glitch seems to have corrupt the hood because i got the `wipe corruptionĀ“ memory option from the batbox before (even if im still beginner at this, i dont think that glitch is something i should have ignored.. dog spouse anyone? )
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
What mods? That sounds like game corruption to me.

well. i removed about 30 ones....
# bladderfullfountain,
# BO hacks:
allergy/ILLNESS controller, NPC and toddler interaction, less..., need freak, moody birds, name default, gnome, expresso for visitors,dorm key, left overs, residental shopping, unbreakable elevator, phone for all, quick bedmaking.... kinds
# simbolical ofb restock/close sign, motive defender,
# cyjon late sleepover,self preservation,

.........errr. some of my keys on my laptop are broken right now so its hard and time consuming to type it all out..
Mad Poster
#20 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 10:32 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 24th Oct 2014 at 1:07 AM. Reason: Typo
Since Florentzina found she was patched and still got the dog inheritance, there's no reason for you to. This demonstrates that the serious problem I'm thinking of is not the same as the one that makes the dog the source of the insurance money.

Which on the one hand is good news for people like you; on the other hand, leaves us still not knowing the origin of the glitch or how serious it is.

From my own point of view that is a relief, as I really didn't want to go sown the road of applying the Seasons patch to a game that didn't include Seasons. I'm heartily glad that my game engine and highest EP now match, as it was always a problem deciding whether to get the NL version or the OFB version of hacks.

This thread reminded me that for a while when I first had HoodChecker, I used to get the following errors:

Memories:
Sim does not exist: 0x01F6 Jennail Tricou: [Invisible] Received an Inheritance from 0x0017
Sim does not exist: 0x01F9 Kvornan Tricou: [Invisible] Received an Inheritance from 0x0017
Sim does not exist: 0x01FA Nylissit Tricou: [Invisible] Received an Inheritance from 0x0017

I suppose that if 0x0017 happened to be a dog in your 'hood, they would appear as getting their inheritance from that dog. In my case 0x0017 didn't exist, so I got these errors. The Remove option in HoodChecker couldn't/didn't remove them, and I eventually (after a backup) deleted them in SimPE, with (as far as I can tell) no ill effects. I never had any intention of resurrecting the dead Tricou's though. (I don't know if that would make a difference.)

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 12:10 AM
Don't apply a patch to an EP or SP you don't have. Season's comes up because it shipped with problems where a dog could be linked as the father to the Ottomas twins, I had that myself before the patch came out.

I doubt it was a mod, unless you have some strange badly made mod from some obscure modder. Nothing from BO, Cyjon, pescado or anyone well known will cause that problem. Far more likely to be corruption. Have you deleted sims? graves? Moved an occupied house into the bin? Moved sims between hoods? Downloaded an occupied house? made selectable NPC's you shouldn't have?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 1:38 AM
For more information about corruption in The Sims 2, you can see the "Avoiding corruption" link in my signature. It's really helpful and it also pushes you towards tools and programs that can help prevent or reduce corruption.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Memories:
Sim does not exist: 0x01F6 Jennail Tricou: [Invisible] Received an Inheritance from 0x0017
Sim does not exist: 0x01F9 Kvornan Tricou: [Invisible] Received an Inheritance from 0x0017
Sim does not exist: 0x01FA Nylissit Tricou: [Invisible] Received an Inheritance from 0x0017

I got those too when I first attached a Downtown. I removed them and they didn't show up anymore. Maybe it's a never fixed bug that usually doesn't affect people because the Tricous usually stay dead.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 6:50 AM
I only stopped getting the inheritance problem memories on the Tricous after I put in Tarlia's cleaned Downtown: http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html I use the version of her cleaned Downtown that has townies, so most of the usual downtownies show up, but the hood checker doesn't throw up messages like all the invalid inheritance memories with the Tricous.
Page 1 of 2