Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Liberated Plants

by plasticbox Posted 25th Oct 2014 at 8:52 PM - Updated 25th Jan 2015 at 2:11 AM by plasticbox

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 9:07 PM
I already spend way too much time working on my garden. Thank you for enabling my addiction! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 9:27 PM
What a great addition!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 9:33 PM
Keep this mods coming and I'll fall in love with you. ♥
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 10:06 PM
Love this! Thank-you!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 3:30 AM
yea yea yea!! Plants are sooo appreciated!!! thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 4:04 AM
Great mod! Thank you for this.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#9 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 4:50 AM
Spectacular!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 6:05 AM
Freakin awesome!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 6:13 AM
This is great thanks!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 10:00 AM
Love it! I spend many time creating gardens and this mod will help. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 2:10 PM
Fantastic! Thank you!
Is Claeric
#14 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 3:11 PM
Do these share like the rocks?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 3:13 PM
What do you mean by "share" in this context?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 3:28 PM
Thanks for doing this. I never know why Maxis makes some objects (and terrain paints) that aren't available to the player. The code is there, they're already done, it would make the player feel like he got more for his money, so why not make them all available in the game like you just did with these? Thanks again.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 3:35 PM
They aren't in the game because they are unfinished.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 7:16 PM
I used your Mod in a creation :3
project: Pixie Sanctuary
Sims 4 Library ID: JoMarFam
Thank you for the awesome mods!!! <3
Chrystia
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 10:22 PM
you have always done such great things for the games. Keep up the good work. Thank you so much.
Is Claeric
#20 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
What do you mean by "share" in this context?

Save to lots in the library, work even if you have the mod uninstalled/not installed, share properly on the gallery, etc
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 12:07 AM
Ah that!

Yeah that should work fine for the most part, seeing as everybody already has (large parts of) these objects in game. Only the stuff I added/changed would be missing: names/descriptions would revert to "CGW_Plant3" or "DEBUG" or whatever, textures would revert to default, etc.

Best way to know for sure would be to just save lot to library, remove mod, place lot back in. Changing the footprint for example (which I've done for at least one plant in my second upload) does make the game nuke stuff upon reload, if the default footprint won't fit.

THANKS POST
#22 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 11:45 AM
coochicoochicooluvyou!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 1:07 PM
I love these and the second plant set you did more than cake!

The only thing I don't like about em, which has zero things to do with you, is how many 'squares' the shrubs occupy. Seems like some plants can overlap said squares and some can't. Incase you ever get bored and feel compelled to use your awesomeness to fix EA's weirdness :P
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 1:23 PM
Yeah I know about this, the problem is just that for everything that is placed on the ground, the game will clean up objects when a lot is placed and the object's default footprint is too large for it to fit. So since these plants will typically be placed on the ground, changing it would lead to the objects going poof for everybody who downloads/places a lot with them.

So unless/until there is a mod that turns off the cleanup, not much point in editing it (too much ,, I already have some slightly smaller feetprint in the other plants upload, but the bigger the change, the higher the likeliness it won't work for builders).

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 7:57 PM
thanks
Page 1 of 2