Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Electronics Anywhere

by plasticbox Posted 28th Oct 2014 at 3:32 PM - Updated 26th Jan 2015 at 5:11 PM by plasticbox

120 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 85 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 3:46 PM
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 3:59 PM
This is perfect! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 4:10 PM
This is soooo cool! Thank you :D
Deceased
THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 4:16 PM
Oh thank God, the number of times I've had to resort to a big clunky table for a small TV or stereo I could not begin to count! Some of the design decisions that have gone into this game leave you wondering, did management just tell them, "Oh the mod community will fix that - get cracking on that 'Bro' trait!"?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 4:20 PM
I have had a few moments of confusion with electronics placement. So yay for freedom! Thank-you!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Some of the design decisions that have gone into this game leave you wondering, did management just tell them, "Oh the mod community will fix that - get cracking on that 'Bro' trait!"?

I think the problem is more that they aimed at making the game 100% idiot proof -- after all, with this mod it *is* possible to place things so that they clip into each other. If this were officially supported, it may be seen as a "bug" by some, hence why so much in this game has been made impossible. Cf moveobjects, cfe and so on .. there are actually some interesting comments on that kind of thing in the EA modding forum (by Maxis game designers).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 5:14 PM
so usefull ! Many thanks !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 5:41 PM
Thank you for this plasticbox. Another amazing much needed item.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 5:47 PM
Finally something useful to place on shelves! Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 6:02 PM
Best improvement ever!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#12 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 6:55 PM
A big Thank you for this new creation. You are spoiling us so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 7:12 PM
Great addition!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 8:02 PM
plasticbox, you do SO MUCH to make this game better. Thank you! (BTW, I still occasionally play Sims 2, and your Elsewhere neighborhood is my favorite.)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 8:10 PM
This is brilliant. Thank you.

I was also wondering if this would allow the smaller televisions to be placed on regular counters. For some reason, the game was programmed so that televisions could only be placed on island counters. It's a bit annoying. But this mod fixes a lot of the frustration.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cynna
I was also wondering if this would allow the smaller televisions to be placed on regular counters. For some reason, the game was programmed so that televisions could only be placed on island counters.

Oh, that is also something I didn't test for (I was mainly interested in side tables). Maybe try it and let us know?

As a rule of thumb, the smaller devices are now using the same placement flag as e.g. the toothbrush deco or mantle clock .. so should work on anything these can go on, provided the footprint isn't too large.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 8:31 PM
thank you for this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 8:51 PM
This was so needed! Thanks so much!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#19 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 9:03 PM
I am starting to feel freedom...freedom is on the horizon, especially when decorating. I am so thankful for this.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 10:20 PM
Fantastic! Great idea! Thank you!!
Former Hamster
retired moderator THANKS POST
#21 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 10:27 PM
Another annoying limitation nuked. Thank you!
Retired
#22 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 10:35 PM
You're on fire!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 12:03 AM
Thanks for this. Do I install both or just one?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 12:16 AM
Depends on what you want? If you want the smaller footprints and can live with the fact that this may now introduce clipping, then use the footprint thing; if you don't, then .. don't.

(I mainly made them separate packages for technical reasons though -- I'm not keen on overriding the entire OBJD just because of that one reference; once FTPT becomes editable I'll probably take a second look at that; there might be a more elegant solution. But for now, this will have to do.)

*not to be found on sims4forum*
#25 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 1:03 AM
Sweet!
Page 1 of 5