Replies: 3 (Who?), Viewed: 517 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 8:53 PM
Default How to put floor recolors inside one .package file?
Hello,
I created some floors using WallEz, and they work fine in game, but I'd like to have all recolors from the same floor inside a single my_floor.package file. Right now each recolor appear in game as if it was a different floor, but I've downloaded a few floors from other creators that have for instance four recolors in one file. I don't mind editing hex code if I have to, but I don't know where to start and I couldn't find information about it anywhere.
Thank you!
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 10:12 PM
Do you mean one package or one thumbnail?

To put stuff in the same package, open it with s4pe and copy + paste.

The thumbnails thing is explained by granthes here: http://forums.sims4.the-prof.net/vi....php?f=17&t=336

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 10:50 PM
Thank you! I didn't know about the tool s4pe, I've been looking for tools but this one didn't show up in my searches. I do mean the same package. Anyway, the one thumbnail also helps because I plan to upload my creations, and perhaps people don't want all the recolors but it would be useful that the ones they do download group together. Thanks again!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 12:33 AM
You can also repeat this part of the xml file as many times as you're having floor recolers:

<Floor Price="2" Name="name to display in-game" Description="Description to display">
<Tag Type="Color" Value="Color Tag"/>
<Tag Type="Style" Value="Style Tag"/>
<Swatch Top="#ff0000" Bottom="#0000ff" Middle="#00ff00" />
<Texture Filename="DDS Filename"/>
</Floor>

And of course end with </Package>

Then you will have all your recolers in one package file. (And one thumbnail)

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page