Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No-Fade Columns

by plasticbox Posted 22nd Nov 2014 at 11:12 AM - Updated 10th Feb 2015 at 1:35 PM by plasticbox

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 12:24 PM
great useful one. Thank you! Can't wait to see this effect in game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 2:10 PM
OMG, it definitely took the Sims community waaay too long to deliver with something like this! This is simply just great stuff ^_^

BTW, using the same method you listed in the description, can the same thing be done to trees and other large flora? I was wondering because I like to build treehouses and having it float in mid-air while in live mode is... disconcerting, to say the least >_>
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 2:12 PM
I haven't looked at trees but try it?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 4:01 PM
Been waiting on this! Thank you PB.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 4:10 PM
Thank you. (is Funnily really a word? lol)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Marjia
is Funnily really a word?

Totally! Verily!

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/d...english/funnily

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 2:43 AM
If you want to discuss actually making the same kind of mod for other things, please use the Create forums for that (it simply doesn't make sense here -- this thread is about this upload, not about hypothetical other uploads). If you're trying to imply that somebody else should make stuff for you because you think you "need" it .. read the site rules.

Scholar
THANKS POST
#9 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 11:45 AM
Hey, thank you very much! It works very well compared to other similar mods.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 6:51 PM
Would it conflict with Shimrod's no fade sims/objects?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 6:54 PM
No, it's completely different from that. Shimrod is changing some XML tuning but that has no influence on columns, hence why a separate mod for that is needed.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 8:00 PM
Thank you so much for this !
Too bad this mod doesn't affect columns placed against a wall. ^^'
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 8:12 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 1st Dec 2014 at 8:28 PM.
You mean that they drop with walls when the wall drops, or a different issue? The drop-with-the-wall thing makes sense to me, like with other wall mounted objects, so I wouldn't change that .. but if you're talking about a different thing please elaborate?

Edit: ah, I think I see what you mean -- when colums are placed so that they become pillars (half / quarter columns), those are different objects, they are not the original column. Right now I have no idea how to get at the instance # of such objects though.

Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 4:08 AM
Hi,thank you for your all wonderful mods for sims4. This mod is especially useful but it's ineffective for half column on the wall, which is still annoyed me very much. may you have any planning for a mod on "No-Fade on half Columns"?
Test Subject
#15 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 9:00 PM
Looks like this works for standing columns with nothing around, and columns at the end of a single wall. Columns wrapping around the corner of walls seem to still fade.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 10:01 PM
Yes, like stated above: half- and quarter columns are different objects. This mod is for the regular columns.

Lab Assistant
#17 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 9:15 PM
Thanks for this great mod! TS4 fades out way too much Would it be possible to add the column from Outdoor Retreat as well (and possibly the half/quarter columns)? I've tried to do it myself, but I got stuck.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 9:59 PM
Please post in Create with that. I don't have Outdoor Retreat and requests are a no-go on this site anyway.

Test Subject
#19 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 12:58 PM
Yeah, thank you for this very useful mod plasticbox !
It's almost perfect while it doesn't work with indoor columns on walls... Do you plan to make it work for these ?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 1:37 PM
Please read the thread. Half-columns etc are different objects; post in Create if you want to make a mod for those. I also edited the upload description to (hopefully) make this more clear.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 10:20 PM
Awesome!
Test Subject
#22 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 3:42 PM
hey plasticbox, when are you gonna include the column from outdoor retreat for this mod? because it still fades
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 3:45 PM
Why do you think I’m going to do that? I never claimed I would. If you have questions on how to create this kind of thing yourself, please proceed to the Create forums.

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 8:35 AM
Many, thank you very much for making this mod!And I wanted to have it! I do not like the columns disappear when you play, unnerves me because I spoils the decoration!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 4:06 AM
Wonderful idea!! Thanks for sharing!! I was wondering if you plan to do the columns for the other expansions too?
Page 1 of 2