Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims4 'Ask If Single' is Friendly (1.19)

by Shimrod101 Posted 22nd Nov 2014 at 7:11 PM - Updated 7th Jun 2016 at 6:09 PM by Shimrod101 : Update for 1.19 patch

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 8:17 PM
Cool :-)
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 8:37 PM
can you fix two interactions the same way - impress video game prowess and gossip about video game pros
it's romantic for some reason in game

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Inventor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 9:29 PM
Thanks so much :)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 9:52 PM
So, asking if one is single *isn't* friendly...?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 10:10 PM
This makes so much more sense now!! It has always bugged me, even in Sims3.. so Thank you for making it right!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 10:45 PM
OMG, yes! Thank you for doing the same in Sims 4 as you did in Sims 3. Relied on this mod in Sims 3. :)
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 11:17 PM
well for me ask if single is not just a 'freindly" too, the most logical is that option have for both, because in the same way you can be just friendly you can also be asking because you actually want to flirt(what is more common than just being friendly), i never had a problem with this.
Deceased
THANKS POST
#9 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 1:31 AM
Thanks - and I thought this only annoyed me!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 10:48 AM
This mod is fine with the Nov. 25th patch.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 2:48 PM
Thanks so much for this mod I hated when other Sims got jealous when I was only trying to find out if a Sims was single. This was a major problem for me just the other day I was wishing that the ask if single interaction was friendly instead of a romantic interaction you answered my prayers. You make such useful mods I have been using them and they work good in the game and are much appreciated.
Instructor
#12 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 4:36 AM
I noticed just the other day that my kids had the option to ask someone if they were single. Other sims could also ask the kids that. Undoubtedly an influence from one of my other mods. I thought it was funny. One of the teen girls asked a boy kid if he was single and embarrassed him intensely. He hid under the covers. Just yesterday one of my boy kids was doing his homework on a park bench when a townie walked by. Someone the kid already knew and liked. He had repeatedly had a want to talk to the man. Anyway he asked the man to help him with his homework and once it was done I noticed the option to ask if single. I had wondered why this kid was so interested in this man. It occurred to me that he was viewing the man as a possible father since his mother is single. Seemed quite natural then for him to ask if single. No one got embarrassed. Oh, yes, the option was in friendly category. Guess this is not really feedback on your mod, just general commentary on the topic. Anyway, I didn't consider it creepy to be an option for kids. I have several of your other mods. All great.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 2:47 PM
@hedgekat: I consider it creepy because the option is Romantic as made by EA, with romantic intent; the same as in Sims3. Regardless of my mod moving it to the friendly side, I simply can't move past the original impression it gives me.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 6:17 PM
This Mod doesn't work for me for whatever reason. What a shame. I thought it was maybe because I had it in a subfolder, but it doesn't even work in the main Mods folder. Anyone else have that issue and know what fixes it? Does it conflict with anything? I have Florian's Emotional Overcharge.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 8:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hellkittenn
This Mod doesn't work for me for whatever reason. What a shame. I thought it was maybe because I had it in a subfolder, but it doesn't even work in the main Mods folder. Anyone else have that issue and know what fixes it? Does it conflict with anything? I have Florian's Emotional Overcharge.

If you go to their thread and click on the Spoiler and read down through the list, you will see that the 662F file I use here is indeed in their list, so my mod can't be used at the same time. You might as well do this check yourself now, since you will need to make this check every single time concerning other mods, if you are going to use that mod.

Test Subject
#16 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 2:13 PM
Hm, good to know. Honestly, I'm not seeing a massive difference with that mod, so I think I'm going to remove it and just use yours. :D
Inventor
THANKS POST
#17 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 1:25 AM
Thanks a lot!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
@hedgekat: I consider it creepy because the option is Romantic as made by EA, with romantic intent; the same as in Sims3. Regardless of my mod moving it to the friendly side, I simply can't move past the original impression it gives me.

hey shimrod you could make that option appear in both romantic and friendly?, cuz like i told in the other post, this mod is interesting but a full move(removing him from romance) looks strange, in the same way i can ask someone about being single just be friendly i also can aski for romance, then could be interesting if you could make him work on both like the the option to invite to date you can make a "friendly and a romantic invite, that option also looks more like being fit in both options not just one.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 7:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ellessarr
hey shimrod you could make that option appear in both romantic and friendly?

It can probably be done, but I have no interest in it whatsoever. The point of this mod has nothing to do with what looks OK for a sim, that the action can be both friendly and romantic based upon a sim's intentions. The point of this mod is that the interaction gains this information for the player, whether that other sim has a partner or not; it's useful info for managing stuff. The romantic side of the pie-menu isn't hurt in any way with this interaction gone, there's plenty other options to use.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 8:00 PM
I really love this half the time after work they have more work and hate to see all that talking go to waste. This is a great idea. I remember in sims 2 everyone called you and you lost friends left and right.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 11:38 AM
Thanks. Always felt it should be this way. I mean, why do you have to be hitting on someone just b/c you inquire about their single status? Isn't that just part of getting to know someone anyway? Thank you for fixing this issue which is something that Maxis should have done themselves.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 2:52 PM
This mod is fine with the Dec. 16th patch.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 10:11 PM
This mod is fine with the January 13th patch.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 12:27 PM
This mod is fine with the February 3rd patch.

Inventor
THANKS POST
#25 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 3:28 PM
Thank you Shimrod. Putting it back then.
Page 1 of 2