Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Higher Motives for Toddlers in Pet Beds and Cats Eating Fish

by Charity Posted 2nd Dec 2014 at 12:31 PM - Updated 11th Aug 2022 at 6:46 PM by Charity

15 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Forum Resident
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 1:15 PM
I thought toddlers being able to sleep in pet beds came with Apartment Life.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 2:10 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 2nd Dec 2014 at 2:11 PM. Reason: smilies not smilin'
The cat mod! YAY!!! ...I didn't even know I needed it, but - well, duh! That's the way it shoulda been made in the first place! Silly EAxis...

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 5:14 PM
Thanks for both mods.

I didn't know that cats could eat fish. How do they catch it or do you have to 'accidentally' leave one on the ground?
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 5:36 PM
I kind of wish you could put infants in the pet beds. I hate when a mother takes a baby out of the crib and lays them on the kitchen floor in the middle of the room to go get some chips out of the fridge. There should've been some kind of mat or bassinet or something (i usually use the bathroom mat, just so it appears mom cared more than to just chuck the kid on the floor somewhere). A pack-n-play or a playpen of some kind... Even a wicker pet bed with a pillow /cushion is better than dropping 'em on the floor.

Anyway, great mods! and thanks for the tip on cats eating fish! i never knew about that, either! =)

-grinEvilly
Theorist
THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 6:21 PM
Great idea, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 6:26 PM
Thanks for the fish idea I didn't know they could eat the fish either. I have never left one lying around! I have a mod that makes all beds the same quality as far as sleep goes. Wonder would that clash. Also I have a mod that keeps kids from getting up too early. Would that also clash do you think? Wish I could remember what they are called.
Thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 7:37 PM
I have the toddler sleepy mat, so will this mod clash or better yet will increase the rate the toddler gets rest, faster sleeping? It's cloned from it, that's why I ask. Here's the link. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=316656
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#9 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 2:48 AM
What a good idea Charity. I always said pet beds weren't worth using for toddlers and now they are! Will be great for tots in neglectful homes. Also love the fish idea, very useful in my stone age hood.

grinevilly, there is a sleep mat you can download, doesn't stop them putting the baby on the floor though.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 11:18 AM
Thanks for the comments.

Quote: Originally posted by dharden
I thought toddlers being able to sleep in pet beds came with Apartment Life.

I stand corrected. I just presumed it came with Pets. I'll update it.

Quote: Originally posted by twerplina
Thanks for both mods.

I didn't know that cats could eat fish. How do they catch it or do you have to 'accidentally' leave one on the ground?

You have to leave it on the ground for them.

Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
I kind of wish you could put infants in the pet beds. I hate when a mother takes a baby out of the crib and lays them on the kitchen floor in the middle of the room to go get some chips out of the fridge.

Atavera has a baby blanket here:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?p=1530815

But it doesn't stop them from dropping them on the floor. You still have to direct them to put the baby there.

Quote: Originally posted by sandya
Thanks for the fish idea I didn't know they could eat the fish either. I have never left one lying around! I have a mod that makes all beds the same quality as far as sleep goes. Wonder would that clash. Also I have a mod that keeps kids from getting up too early. Would that also clash do you think? Wish I could remember what they are called.
Thanks

The best thing to do would be to run The Hack Conflict Detection Utility here:

http://www.simwardrobe.com/

Under Sims 2 - Programs and see if it throws up a conflict. If the first hack counts pet beds as beds then it could conflict and if the second one works on toddlers it might also clash, but I think it's probably unlikely. The HCDU would tell you for sure.

Quote: Originally posted by ClearaMorph
I have the toddler sleepy mat, so will this mod clash or better yet will increase the rate the toddler gets rest, faster sleeping? It's cloned from it, that's why I ask. Here's the link. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=316656

I tested the mat and it appears that the hack does work on it. My toddler only had to sleep for 5.5 hours to fill up her whole energy bar.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 12:53 PM
Thanks, now my toddlers can fit in even more skilling! Oops, I meant /playing/
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 9:36 PM
I agree that is seems crazy that a dog can get a good rest but a toddler can't. Thanks for fixing this.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#13 Old 20th Nov 2015 at 2:14 AM
Huzzah! So many times have I been annoyed with the pet beds giving toddlers such lousy Energy gain. When I was a toddler, my babysitter used to put me on a naptime mat not unlike the cheapest pet bed, and it got me cozied up just fine.

And I've been wanting to roll up a fisherman who lives in a little shack next to a big fishing pond. Thanks to your "Cat Eats Fish" mod, he's going to get a scruffy wharf cat to feed too. Kudos!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 3:04 AM
Thanks!
Mad Poster
#15 Old 9th Jan 2020 at 9:58 AM Last edited by Rosawyn : 10th Jan 2020 at 9:12 AM.
HCDU is showing a conflict between this mod and Midge the Tree's "Werewolves Can Eat Fish":

Is this the sort of conflict I can safely ignore? Edit: Midge the Tree has confirmed that the two mods will not work together but has made a version of "Werewolves Can Eat Fish" that includes the increased hunger value for both werewolves and cats.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 4:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
HCDU is showing a conflict between this mod and Midge the Tree's "Werewolves Can Eat Fish":

Is this the sort of conflict I can safely ignore? Edit: Midge the Tree has confirmed that the two mods will not work together but has made a version of "Werewolves Can Eat Fish" that includes the increased hunger value for both werewolves and cats.

Thanks for the information. I'll update the post.